Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
midwest nitrocross series
http://www.mwnx.com

seen this somewhere and just wanted to share it. i think it is the next big nitro race at LH. and the whole series sounds cool.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
count me in
8igth 2.0
thanks to:
http://www.slickhobbies.com Burnside, KY/Littleton Co.
KillerB Racing
1994 yahama Phazer II LE snowmobile for sale..
I did the whole MWNX series last year. It was fun. This year I think it'll be even better.
i think i might go
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
From what I see,only two of these races are locked in so far.

MWNX Round 1 - April 22nd @ Leisure Hours (Sunday)*tentative*
MWNX Round 2 - May 19th @ Thunder RC (Saturday)*LOCKED IN*
MWNX Round 4 - June 16th @ Dirt Dawgs (Saturday)*tentative*
MWNX Round 4 - July 21st @ Nitro Farm (Saturday)*LOCKED IN*
MWNX Round 5 - Aug 25 @ Rock Pile (Saturday)*tentative*
MWNX Round 6 - Sept 22nd @ Bristol RC (Saturday)*tentative*

So it could change.

Are these all one day events Bruce?
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
yes they are only 1 day events. the series is actually a lot of fun. they try and hit different tracks. last year, at the banquet, they had raffled off a CRT truggy. you did not buy tickets, you were entered into the raffle for the number of events that you went to. hope that makes sense.
XRAY XB8 moved by [COLOR="DarkOrange"]RB[/COLOR]

:joy:

B Main Hobbies
i'm all over that....Big Grin

Bruce,

How was the payoff at the end of that series for you? I saw the results at their site....it looks like making 7 or more of the events (last year) was required to "be in the money".
I got a nice trophy and a $10 bill. So it wasn't like NASCAR but it paid for gas to the banquet. lol
Bristol is on there? ouch lotta kinks in the program last time we were there
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
this is the new board with new info

http://p067.ezboard.com/bmidwestnitrocross
Gary Wright
President
http://www.midwestnitro.com
"Keeping Racing Simple"
oops that didn't work

just enter in the open discution and you will find the link to the ez bord new location

i do know he is tying to get hobby shops to donate prizes again and the top prize he is trying to get is one losi 8 and the 8 truggy.
but that is still tenitive
Gary Wright
President
"Keeping Racing Simple"
Hey guys, yes, sorry the ezboards have been closed down, in exchange for some more user friendly message boards in which I have complete admin rights so I can handle password duties in a more timely fashion.

Let me try to clear up a few things.

Just go to the main website ( http://www.mwnx.com ) and there is a link there to the message boards and to the "TENTATIVE" race schedule.

There are only a couple "locked in" dates...buty we are getting progress every couple of days Smile Be sure to check the official calendar of events ( on the Midwest Nitrocross website ) before making plans to race.

Bristol has made a significant improvement in the last year...I'm now acting as the race director, and we've got a new computer, new software ( RC Scoring Pro ) and last summer we had it all ironed out by the end of the summer, so if you haven't been there since 2005...it's time to give it a try again. Smile

As far as the 2007 Midwest Nitrocross payouts...there will be trophies again for 1st-3rd in four classes ( 8th Buggy, 8th Truck, Monster Truck, 10th Truck ) Prizes are coming together...but the big deal is His And Hers Hobbies is putting up $100 in certificates at each and every race this year. Also, we will be running a 50/50 raffle at every round, with the proceeds going directly to the cash purse at the end of the year. More details to come about that.

I'll have more info later when I get home from work.

Matt Fanke
President, Midwest Nitrocross
Sounds cool, thanks for the info!!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
looks like this year will be even better !!

i'll do the prepay plan
Gary Wright
President
"Keeping Racing Simple"
Here is all the info:

Midwest Nitrocross is planning it’s 2nd year of Off Road Nitro Series racing for Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois! Our inaugural series in 2006 saw just under 200 entries…everybody racing for their share of over $1,000 in prizes, including trophies, car kits, and cold hard cash! 2007 is shaping up to be even bigger and better. Four nitro classes ( 8th Scale Buggy, 8th Scale Truck, Monster Truck, 10th Scale Truck ) will compete at six tracks, carefully being planned over the course of the summer. His And Hers Hobbies in Kenosha is returning as our series sponsor and this year they are putting up $100 in gift certificates at each and every race, as well as hosting the banquet for the 2nd year in a row! We have more great sponsors signing on every week, so go to http://www.mwnx.com to get the most up to date race schedule and to discuss the series on our message boards with the guys that ran and made last year so successful.

Below is what I’m going to call an “approximate estimated race schedule”, as exact dates are slowly trickling in. I will forward the schedule as it progresses and race time get’s closer. You'll notice that I also included the RCKhaos and RC Pro Wisconsin State Series races...there's alot of stuff going on this year!

MWNX = Tentative Midwest Nitrocross Race Events
RCK = Tentative RC Khaos Race Events
WRCP = Tentative RC Pro Wisconsin State Series Race Events

MWNX Round 1 - April 22nd @ Leisure Hours (Sunday)*tentative*
RCK Round 1 - May 5th - Northern Hobbies
WRCP Round 1 - May 12th,2007 -
MWNX Round 2 - May 19th @ Thunder RC (Saturday)*LOCKED IN*
RCK Round 2 - June 2nd - Thunder R/C
MWNX Round 3 - June 16th @ Bristol RC (Saturday)*tentative*
WRCP Round 2 - June 30th, 2007 -
RCK Round 3 - July 14th - OCC
MWNX Round 4 - July 21st @ Dirt Dawgs (Saturday)*tentative*
WRCP Round 3 - July 28th, 2007 -
RCK Round 4 - Aug 11th - Marshall R/C Park
MWNX Round 5 - Aug 18 @ Nitro Farm (Saturday)*LOCKED IN*
RCK Round 5 - Sept 8th - Cheese City Xtreme
MWNX Round 6 - Sept 23Rd @ Rock Pile (Sunday)*LOCKED IN*
WRCP FINALS - Sept 22nd, 23rd , 2007 - Northern Hobbies, Suamico
RCK Championship - Oct 6th, 7th - Northern Hobbies
Wisconsin RC Pro Series first three rounds are yet to be determined.

I am open to suggestions in regards to an additional Illinois location…as a seventh round…we would add that race into the series somehow. So if you know of a track located in Illinois, that is within a 1.5 hour drive of the WI/IL state line, and you have raced there and you can recommend the facility, please go to the following link and make a post there with the track name, contact info, etc.

http://rc-racer.midwestnitrocross.com/bo...php?t=1212

I have attached a list of race fees:
Standard Race Day Entry ( In addition to host track race fees )
1st Class - $6
2nd Class - $3
3rd Class - $1

We will offer four(4) “special” memberships this year, the Titanium, Titanium Family, Gold and Gold Family

Titanium Membership…$65.00
Titanium Membership will be available only for a limited time, and must be paid for in full by cash or online via PayPal by March 31, 2007.
Titanium Membership will include race entry in UNLIMITED classes for the entire season, regardless of whether you sign up for one class or all four.
Titanium Membership will include one(1) Midwest Nitrocross 2007 t-shirt
Titanium Members will be presented with a custom personalized plaque, indication of your support for the 2007 Midwest Nitrocross Series

Titanium Family Membership…$120.00
Titanium Family Membership will be available only for a limited time, and must be paid for in full by cash or online via PayPal by March 31, 2007.
Titanium Family Membership will include race entry in UNLIMITED classes for the entire season, regardless of whether you sign up for one class or all four.
Titanium Family Membership will include two(2) Midwest Nitrocross 2007 t-shirts
Titanium Family Membership will be presented with one(1) custom personalized plaque, indication of your support for the 2007 Midwest Nitrocross Series
( Titanium Family Memberships include Driver parent(s) and any children in the household )

Gold Membership…$45.00
Gold Membership can be purchased at the track on race day or online via PayPal.
Gold Membership will include race entry in UNLIMITED classes for the entire season, regardless of whether you sign up for one class or all four.

Gold Family Membership…$80.00
Gold Membership can be purchased at the track on race day or online via PayPal.
Gold Family Membership will include race entry in UNLIMITED classes for the entire season, regardless of whether you sign up for one class or all four.
( Gold Family Memberships include Driver parent(s) and any children in the household )

Tshirts will be available on a pre-order basis only this year, due to the high cost of bulk shirt orders. They can be paid for in cash at the track or online via PayPal. They will be delivered to the track when the next order comes in.

I never expected the 2006 season to end up as popular as it did, and I thank all the guys that did come out for showing your support. I made a lot of new friends this year, hopefully all of which I will keep in contact with for years to come! Without the attendance of you racers in 2006…we wouldn’t be here planning the 2007 series. One thing is sure, this year will be every bit as fun as last year, and we’re looking forward to an even bigger and better 2007. It’s a shame that we can only make time for one race at each venue this year, but that just means a tighter, closer points race!

All of that being said, I’m looking forward to seeing all of you this summer at the tracks we’re visiting. Remember, even if you’re not a top points contender, these events are great places to get away from it all with some great friends and family!

See you soon!

Matt Fanke
M I D W E S T - N I T R O C R O S S
I just want to make sure that you guys keep an eye on the "OFFICIAL" Midwest Nitrocross Calendar Of Events...as it's hard to make sure every message board online is kept current...

http://www.mwnx.com/MWNXSeries/MWNX2007-1.pdf

Also, as an update on the prizes up for grabs, this is how it works. The prizes are open ONLY to those that race the series...regardless of whether you race one race in the series, or every race in the series. We track all the entries and at the end of the year, at the banquet, you will receive one(1) ticket for each event you attended. For example, if you race one event, you will receive one(1) chance at the prizes. If you race all six events, you will receive six(6) chances at the prizes. If you pay for a season of racing, but only show up to one race...you only get one ticket...not all six. Key point being, those that show up the most, and show their support the most, get the most chances at the prizes.

As of right now, we do NOT have a buggy, truggy, or other large "item" up for grabs on the raffle. Like I said earlier, we will be holding a 50/50 raffle at every round this year. This is new to me, but multiple people have told me it's the way to go. The tickets that you buy at the 50/50 raffle each week have nothing to do with the tickets you receive at the banquet...other than the proceeds of the 50/50 every week go right into the pot for the end of the year banquet drawing. This is how it works:

We will have 50/50 tickets for sale at each round for $2 each or six(6) for $10

Up to $80 = one winner. $82 or more = two winners

If we sell $80 worth of tickets at a given round, then $40 goes to one(1) winner that week, and the other $40 goes into the banquet drawing fund.

If we sell $82 worth of tickets at a given round, then $41 goes to two(2) winners that week, and the other $41 goes into the banquet drawing fund.

This adds up to a potentially VERY LARGE amount that will be raffled off at the end of the series at the banquet.

You MUST BE PRESENT at the banquet to win raffle prizes. The only items you don't need to be present to win are the trophies.

I might have left something out, feel free to ask any questions.
Only other tracks I know of besides LHR is down in Peoria which would be about 2:30 hours from Rockford says mapquest and Mahomet which is just over 3 hours from Kenosha.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
Casketman Wrote:Only other tracks I know of besides LHR is down in Peoria which would be about 2:30 hours from Rockford says mapquest and Mahomet which is just over 3 hours from Kenosha.

Ya , RCR in peoria would be another great place to have the 7th round .
That would be 3 hours or more for the WI guys. Granted it is like 90% driving on I-39 so maybe they can talk it out because it is very simple and easy to get too.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
The Wisconsin guys, with very few exceptions (sit down Jesse), simply do not travel far. The Chicagoland guys are far more likely to travel 3 hours. Hell, I've travelled to Greenbay for races-5 hours on a bus!
there is talks on the grid of the 7th stop being in peoria, i think they are working on it.

I must be doing the whole S-Grid thing wrong because the only thing I saw on the conferences in the Offroad area was the post I put on there and the usual three or four responses saying, one, two, three, etc.
Matt Fanke
i don't remember seeing anything on the s-grid about your series. i might have overlooked it though.

i think it would be fun to go down there and do a race. not sure how many of the people would go. they have been talking about carpooling to another series so maybe they would do the same to go down there.
XRAY XB8 moved by [COLOR="DarkOrange"]RB[/COLOR]

:joy:

B Main Hobbies
Can we all say 'RV road trip'? LOL.. I know there is talk of that for the races up there for us FIB's
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Midwest Nitro Series 2012 Season GWPHOENIX 3 4,976 03-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: GWPHOENIX
  2009 points series at Outback RC Raceway BobWoodhouse 0 2,198 07-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Last Post: BobWoodhouse
  Leisure Hours On Road Point Series chicagokenji 0 1,979 04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Midwestnitro Series 2009 GWPHOENIX 2 7,826 03-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Last Post: GWPHOENIX
  National Championship Series Casketman 3 16,571 02-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Last Post: BobWoodhouse
  2009 Illinois State Pro Series 2.0 Edition Casketman 6 5,997 01-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Last Post: badmojo
  2008 Jammin Midwest Nitro Series mfanke19 34 10,096 08-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Prairie land Shootout series cheesecake 6 3,200 05-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Last Post: bubbacola
  CRCRC Midwest Gas Champs Ritch Mitch Pacin 43 7,014 01-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Last Post: pwnzor
  Midwest Nitrocross 2008 Points Series mfanke19 4 2,866 01-02-2008, 08:46 AM
Last Post: mfanke19