Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Question
I was at the Berwyn bash and was talking to a couple guys about getting a new radio for my savage. They were telling me about an fm system that automatically finds an open frequency. For the life of me i cant remember the name of it. Im also looking for a good radio comparable to the JR that will work with this system. thanks guys...
http://www.Spektrumrc.com
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
can anyone reccomend a good radio thats compatable with the spectrum? pref one that has synth as well....
You Spektrum is not synth. It works like your home cordless telephone. It finds one of 89 (i think) open channels and links that to your receiver.

The radios that work with spektrum need a removable module.
Jr r-1
M8
Futaba 3pk
Kyo pro po eos (I think)

These radios can all be synthesized but not with the spektrum.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
i think ill prolly get the JR xs3. I fairly new to the hobby and planning on hitting only a few races.....i dont think i need the spektrum.......
I am having my spektrum and M8 delivered this week. I will probably be selling my xs3 with 2 receivers, charge lead(needs reversed polarity) 2 extra recvr antennas and an extra radio antenna. All in perfect working order (1 antenna is sodered and works fine) that is why I have the extra antennas but never had to use it yet. Also a metal with the foam insert radio case.
Wow, thats sound like a sweet deal!!!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
How much for everything George? (so LAPG knows)
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
was thinking 150.
Nice deal! Smile
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
There you go AutoPartsGuy... The XS3 alone with one Rx, and 2 servos is $199 new, and the extra Rx's run about $75-$80 new. Not to mention the case and extra antennas.... That is a Great deal.
I agree. That's a great deal!
DDrc,

If LAPG passes on this I might be interested..........

How long have you been running the radio and rx's?

Dave
I got the radio a year ago last February. Has worked flawlessly. I added another recv'r after that soemtime. They have the usually scuffs and minor use scratches. But has never been dropped and well taken care of. I will be selling it once I get the M8 and spektrum figured out. Will probably after the pro series race, would like to have a back up in of any probs with the spektrum. Will put an add in the for sale section once I decide to let it go.
Thanks for the offer dirt.....im going back and forth between the M8 and the XS3......i like the xs3 but i like the ida of automatically switching channels.....so i dunno.....im debating the cost more than anything......that radio system would be more than i paid for my truck.....so i dunno....
I'll be watching. The pro series is what, 2-3 weeks away?
2 weeks away =)
Don, If your looking at the JR radios (XS3 or XS3 Pro) and don't mind waiting about 1 week for it, call Ultimatehobbies.com. They have the best prices on new JR radios and no sales tax plus free shipping. It's not advertised but the XS3 is $159.95 and the XS3 Pro is $199.95 delivered. The nice thing with the pro when running a Savage is the smaller receiver and you know how tight that radio box is. Oh yeah, you also get a 3yr warranty and 2 servos with the JR radios.
Also, If you go with DirtDawg's JR XS3, you will have an extra Reciever. If you do not plan to get another RC, you could sell the extra Rx for $40-50, which will bring down the price. If you go with the M-8 with the intentions to get the Spektrum system, it will cost $149 for the spektrum, in addition to the cost of the M-8.
Thanks New guy.

Ok this is for sure going on sale: It will be available Monday May 23rd.

1 xs3 radio great used condition, slight use scratches but nothing major
2 rs 300 receivers both work excellent (1 antenna was soderred (no probs after) and is missing silver label) other is perfect. As stated both work with no problems, I just bought the spektrum so thats why this is going.
1- new extra radio antenna
2-new extra recvr antennas
1- hard metal case (suitcase type) with foam insert

Allyou need is a charger and batteries.
lookin at this radio http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...LXJTU8&P=0 anyone know if the spektrum will work with it???
I thought that the Spoektrum would only work with the Aggressor CRX from Hitec, but this quote is from the Spektrum site:

Will the Spektrum system work on the Hitec Lynx and the new Hitec SRX?
Yes, it will work with both. The new SRX system should be a hot seller - it'll be perfectly matched with the Spektrum system.
thats what i thought
thanks for all the info guys......
radio up for sale see the for sale section
Dave, nice meeting you and Thanks again

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sirio .18 tm question? JOE 6 3,405 12-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  new buggy question SHYCAGO 33 6,872 11-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Last Post: SHYCAGO
  Touring Car Question BJoe 6 2,079 10-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Quick Revo Diff question stratcat 12 2,898 08-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Quick question, also I am back. mikecooper 7 1,641 03-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Ponch