Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New proline toys!
First: 40 Series Wabash Wheel

fits 17mm Hex

[Image: 2692.jpg]
Want to add some character to your rig without sacrificing performance? Then check out the latest addition to the lineup of 1:8 Truck and Monster Truck wheels from Pro-Line - the 40 Series 17mm Wabash wheel.

The Wabash wheel offers the latest in design by incorporating 12 tapered spokes, Pro-Line logo, and a 17mm size hex. The Wabash features a high-strength, ultra-durable nylon material to outlast the punishment typically seen by today's 1:8 Trucks and Monster Trucks.

For drivers that demand extreme performance, durability and style, pick-up a set of the all-new 17mm Wabash wheels. Pro-Line… simply the fastest R/C Accessories

Second: Crime Fighter MTR

Standard Series Tire

[Image: 1135.jpg]
It seems as though the 1:8 truck market has found a home. Kit technology and features are becoming more standard making each kit manufacturer comparable to the next. In order to set your kit apart from the rest, the first accessory component the directly relates to high-end performance is tires. Pro-Line has just that! The new Crime Fighter MTR is no exception.

The Crime Fighter MTR derives from extensive testing from Pro-Line team members wanting a more responsive tire, a better handling tire, and a tire that has minimal expansion under acceleration. Pro-Line is happy to report that the new MTR version of tire is more responsive due to its less pronounced sidewall and has an inner ribbing on the inner diameter of the tire and an inner ribbing on the sidewall of the tire; thus reducing the amount of tire expansion under acceleration and reducing the amount of sidewall flex while cornering.

When you’re looking for the ultimate in tire responsiveness, check out Pro-Line’s all-new Crime Fighter MTR for 1:8 Trucks and Monster Trucks.

Thoughts?
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
Will MTR's fit 40 series wheel? It think the wheel will be too wide.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
i dont know man but regular crimefighters sucked compared to bowties outside, mabey with these being narrower they will be better, have to wait for mr. proline to speak up Wink

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
MTR's wont fit 40's. They are for Maxx rims. Maybe if you cut down the 40's they will work.

But 40 series 17mm wabash rims on a truggy? Little big?? I believe they are 0 offset also. They were for the revo wabash rims.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
Wish those wabashes were standard m/t siz ... And no dave I am very sure MTR's wont fit a 40 series wheel
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Ya,little shocked they have yet to do that with the MT size. Maybe next month?
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
yea I'd get them for the maxx for sure
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
Ok,so they will fit a truggy because of the 17mm size. But a good idea? Or are those rims better for MT's running 17mm adapters?

Downside is they dont have holeshots in 40 series yet and boa C's wont fit 40's either.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
dont bother with 40 series
But all the guys in Cali run em...Big Grin

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
LOL! They do?
Well besides no having holeshots for them. What would be the major drawback with them?

I know some would say weight. But with as much power these trucks kick out. I dont think it will be an issue.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
Wide footprint of a 40 will work good on flat smooth surfaces & big straights, all of which we really don't have much of around here.

Rocco....look at all the magazine pics dude 40 series everywhere!!...Rolleyes

Ahem..... Excuse me fellas but Leisure indoor is about as smooth as your gonna find and i dont see too many sets of pythons in "c" compound at the track....
But bowties will work. As long as the track has some water at the top. They should work fine. But once it is warn in like it will be next weekend. I would count bowties out.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
My point is that you seem to see the 40's on tracks out west, apparently they don't work well locally. The track conditions must be dramatically different no??

But what are they running tire wise?

And are they running in door like we are right now?

I could see these with bowties working well outdoor. Maybe indoor is the track is right.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
tons of revo drivers all over (except the midwest) run 40 series rims and python tires. They take a Wabash 40 rim, cut the inside bead off and stretch a python over the rim.... supposidly those are the best "all around" tires for the revo
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
i cant see how 40 series can work well, sure big surface area but there is no side wall u will be riding on rims for the hole track
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Which makes the tire perform better. The lower profile helps in corners and gives a much better steering response.

Now if they only came out with these wheels back in the day. I never liked the bling chrome wheels So I drilled up a set of velocitys.

< Pic
ya but then when u go through even the smallest rough section ur on ur lid and all over the place
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Do they use them out west??? I though there just basher style tires... Besides pythons, i had a set for my savage and they hooked up.... BUT you have like no steering with that wide of a tire
Yep, that's supposedly the downside...better forward traction & traction into corners (because of the wide footprint), but the loss of response and sensitivity to ruts & bumpy sections (way more important to the local tracks)

I think the track style and surfaces are just completely different out West.

Now we are still talking about using these rims on truggy's right? Not a savage or Revo made to work with 17mm rims.

Hell,I might be interested in trying them out. But then again,I already have bowties for outdoor. But who knows,I like to buy things without really thinking about it.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
I've never seen anyone be competetive with a truggy sittin' on 40's...never

However, on std MT's 40's have there place, the guy who won at the finals and got 1st in the country in points uses 40 series rims, so did the previous year winner.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proline tires MOAB and MASHER 2000 M3 on which wheels fit ? Antreas 0 2,752 11-29-2010, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Antreas
  Proline does it again! Czech-it-Out Graphics 79 7,579 08-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Last Post: kevinF
  proline tire decision!!!! kevinF 24 2,502 07-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Mr. Tune
  new narrowed bowties from proline! Tex 16 2,650 05-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Tex
  Proline RC Customer Service problems. Traxxas_Junkee 4 1,270 01-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee