Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets see a show of hands...
How many people hear test and tune out in front of their house and run through 3-4 tanks with their trucks without a single problem? No breakage, stalling, nothing. You get to the track to racing feeling confident, then the problems start when it matters most. Seems to happen to me week in and week out.

For those who know what I'm talking about raise your hand.
i know what your going through. I think a big part of most peoples problems is it being indoors. Somebody new will have there truck tuned for the outside at whatever temp it is an once it goes inside with all the fumes and unclean air the engine just starts choking and they arent experienced enough to tune out of that. But for parts i hear ya on that loud and clear.
I have very few problems when "Weekend Bashing", but when it comes to RaceDay, my truck likes to fall apart.... The Buggy on the other hand..... I've been running that thing, missing one of the Steering bellcrank screws, 50,000wt Diff oil in the center diff (YES, I know this is wrong. It is the only diff oil I had), with a crappy Dynamite Pipe, and I run GREAT.... I was VERY shocked at my accomplishment tonight with the buggy... I am going to have to set it up right, then Look out!!! Smile
Yeah mich, parts for me is the number 1 problem. I can't even remember how many diffs I've gone through in the last 3 months. The damn ring and pinion gear keeps blowing out. Yesterday, it was one of the bearings in the diff. Then the stalling problem that came during the main completely baffled me. It ran fine during heat 2, so I made no changes. Ah well, I'll live to race another day.

Maybe my luck will change once I get the buggy going? Worked for chris.
I know what your sayin john. Coulnt get my lightning too run indoors ethier... Oh well atleast my savage ran well
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
I'm there with you too Tune... I run out in front of my house flawless then the track tears my trucks apart.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I usually have to lean out my truck when i get to the track cause Im not running as wide open as I would in the yard.
I agree, i find that the track needs a totally differnt tune.
rocco you cant tune indoors or outdoors,when in doubt lean it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah two different tunes are needed for track or bashing IMO. I think it's because when bashing your always constantly clearing the motor out and you get to go full throttle longer. At the track I find myself leaning it out a bit so the awesome throttle responce is still there.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
LOL not me I cant get them to run right to save my life at my house.. When i get to track Runs Grait Smile I dont get it
actually i can run the same tune when im at home and go to the track and drive there without tuning as long as the temps stay about 15 degrees from when i started. Temps are always about 10 degree different. I guess im lucky about that.
dentguy92 Wrote:rocco you cant tune indoors or outdoors,when in doubt lean it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sniff sniff :mad: ..... I dont need to tune my motors thats why i keep you around . You can be my pit bi*ch or helper monkey whichever title you prefer Big Grin Cool :eek:
Just kidding . I wouldnt want to piss off my new sponsor!!!! which reminds me its time for a commerical

When i need a dent pulled quick at a great price i call (que music) !!! DENT STAR !!!! The #1 paintless dent repair company in the Northern Illinois area ... And quite possibly the USA! Take it from Me, Rocco Zoccoli (Sponsored R/C racer) Dent star could pull the lumps outta anything from a 2001 ford cobra to the lumps in a old ladies butt. There no lump or dent too big for these guys!
Dent StarDent star
i wonder if rocco is sponsored? Hey gearge can you confirm any of this or is he yanking our chains? hard to tell if he's sarcastic right now or not.
He's kidding Mich, John from DD's owns dent star.

That was funny as hell Rocco! Smile
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Just joking guys!! My stickers for the rc pro series say my sponser is dent star. I mean c'mon im not nearly good enough to be sponsored. Im glad you guys thought it was funny !!!! Cool
That was hilarious, I can see you sitting there on your cobra selling the pitch line.

Dent Star should be proud to have such a spokesman. I think Dent Star is sponsoring our Pro Series Weekend!!!!! Pray for a hail storm between now and then...
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
not the hole weekend. just beers and food if I run well....
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
:mad: well I guess that means we wont get anything :mad:
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
lol.......hehehe.

(whole)...lol
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need some r/c show-offs. firesprink281 38 4,613 06-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA
  CRT and TTR owners raise your hands..... cemeb4dk 15 1,937 11-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Last Post: dentguy92