Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revo body time.
Time for the revo to get a new look. I already have a picture of how I would like the paint to go on. This is a general idea of the paint layout I would like to see. I have two more pictures with different layouts(colors are just changed around)
I know there are a few guys that can do this. I also know alot of them are busy. So if someone thinks they can fit this in to get it done. Great! Just let me know the details. I am stuck between a Majestic or Jconcepts body. I dont rule out a CP 2.0 either. This is for a 2.5 Revo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NASCAR-JEREMY-MAYFIE...dZViewItem

Here is the other paint job. I like them both so cant really decide LOL.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-Kasey-Kahne-9-M...dZViewItem
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
I'm sure the scheme and the big numbers are no problem but you cant paint all those decals!!! lol
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
lol.. No,just the colors. I dont need the decals or numbers. Just the green and black.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
I could do it. Don't look too hard, just green streak thingys with darker green around them, and black for the rest.

PM me if you're interested.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Drew, I thought you alread had a Dew black/green job done???

I guess not....

Those are great looking schemes....I like the first one, with more black.
Ponch Wrote:I could do it. Don't look too hard, just green streak thingys with darker green around them, and black for the rest.

PM me if you're interested.

hmmmm....Are you a painter? I know you've painted before, so have I, but are you a PAINTER?
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I'm not a "for buisness" painter, but I enjoy it and think I do an decent job on simple schemes. That in my mind doesn't look hard, just 3 colors.

Casketman Wrote:So if someone thinks they can fit this in to get it done. Great! Just let me know the details.
I have a feeling if one of the experienced painters did one, and you did one, using the same equipment and paint, the true painters body might look a bit better.
Do you have an airbrush? Not that you NEED one for this particular scheme but imagine if there were shading and out lines to make it pop more? it would look better and would still stick to the original scheme for the most part.

Matt, by no means am I trying to dis you, I just think Casketman might have been talking to the painters here, not us average joes.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Tex Wrote:I have a feeling if one of the experienced painters did one, and you did one, using the same equipment and paint, the true painters body might look a bit better.
Do you have an airbrush? Not that you NEED one for this particular scheme but imagine if there were shading and out lines to make it pop more? it would look better and would still stick to the original scheme for the most part.

Matt, by no means am I trying to dis you, I just think Casketman might have been talking to the painters here, not us average joes.

I agree with what you say, and I don't have an airbrush.

If he needs a paintjob and noone else will do it, I will though.
Smile
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
No,I had one done for the ST-1. Black and copper. I have yet to do this one. I was about too,but put it on hold because I was not sure if I was going to switch to the 3.3 chassis and use a side pipe. I dont plan to do either anymore so a stock size body will do.

Oh and whomever paints the body. If you like a body over the others. Please let me know,whatever is easier to you. I also understand that a paint job will look better on one body rather then the other. So that imput is welcomed too.

And this would be more suited for airbrush.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
Matt, the real challenge to doing the Dew paintjob will be getting the colors right. That green sure isn't a stock color. Whoever does it will be mixing it and testing it to get it right before spraying it on the body.
Just get a dew bottle or can. Should help pinpoint the color lol
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
Ohh, finding the color isn't the challenge...matching it is!!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Well something close will do the job.

No time limit on this either. The sooner the better as always. But if it takes a month or so. Then I can wait.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
my.02 Drew, avoid the CP2.0 for the revo. I just did one for mine and I found the body too short by 1.5 inches. The other two you mention especially JConcepts would be my next choice over the PL body.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Yea,I never was a true fan of the CP 2.0. To common IMO
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
I think your recent CP body was version 1 Dave. That's why it's shorter, it for a t-maxx. I prefer the CP1 over the CP2 because it's built more solid.

I could be mistaken about which one you have. But the CP1 was what I remember seeing.

Sooo, Dave, you gunna take the job?
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Rocco, finally...here ya go.

[Image: mounted1.JPG]

[Image: mounted2.JPG]

[Image: mounted3.JPG]

yep, that's the CP1 for sure and it's a t-maxx body.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Yea,I like the CP 1 better then the 2.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
Tex Wrote:I think your recent CP body was version 1 Dave. That's why it's shorter, it for a t-maxx. I prefer the CP1 over the CP2 because it's built more solid.

I could be mistaken about which one you have. But the CP1 was what I remember seeing.

Sooo, Dave, you gunna take the job?

sorry...mixed up my shells...yep, that's the shell I won over at Big Squid site. PL #3144 for Maxx. my bad...sorry ProLine, I apologize.
Well I thank ponch for offering to do the job. But this is more of a airbrush body job as tex was saying.

But no one has yet to say they are willing to take on the job. I plan to order a body on my next paycheck at the end of the month so I hope someone will step up to the job by then.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
hi.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
I think you should ask a certain painter (see above) if he'd be willing to do it.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
yeah man... Have dave do it!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  just a mini t body...first paint with airbrush ever! Agd123 2 3,769 08-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Last Post: AddictedtoNITRO
  New body for E-Revo BJoe 9 5,923 07-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Last Post: BJoe
  New E REVO shell team3six 2 2,640 05-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  r/c body crack repair rcrunr1 11 4,296 04-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Cole Ogden
  lexan crawler body panels............... bob1961 10 3,412 03-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bob1961
  my mini t body tell me what you think.... racin' ranger 2 13 4,929 10-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Tex
  New Body for the WK BJoe 9 2,976 09-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Last Post: HondaMotocross
  New Body hansarvin 6 2,644 09-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Last Post: blktransam
  Body skin/wing skin application ???? rcrunr1 25 5,438 08-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Last Post: MX_KEVIN
  mbx5t body motoxer4life 10 2,845 08-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life