Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body skin/wing skin application ????
How can these large vinyl "decals" be applied accurately/ without bubbles?Some of those things are so large it would seem pretty difficult to do.

Can something be put on the surface (like water or motor spray) to delay them sticking to the surface? I am reminded of putting decals on plastic models when I did those a long time ago....
Losi 8B - O.S. - Futaba - ACE
just start at end edge and keep smoothing it out little by little, its not as hard as it seems just takes a little patience
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
OK....use the "go slow" method
If it's a vinyl sticker, using heat makes it more plyable. Helps when trying to apply on contours and uneven surfaces. For bigger stuff the pros also use a soap and water mix and spray it on the surface and stickers. Keeps the sticker from sticking. Once applied, they'll squeegee out all the water and air bubble nice and slow, starting from the middle and working their way out.
ok...was thinkin of getting something from Upgrade..

thanks for the info.
wait and chad will hook you up........upgrade wont even return an e-mail, i like there product.........but :/
thanks trev,,,,i should be up and running really soon, within a few more weeks, prolly be ready to take orders after STL pro series race.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
rcrunr1 Wrote:How can these large vinyl "decals" be applied accurately/ without bubbles?Some of those things are so large it would seem pretty difficult to do.

Can something be put on the surface (like water or motor spray) to delay them sticking to the surface? I am reminded of putting decals on plastic models when I did those a long time ago....

I like stickers cause I cant paint. :p: You can use blue windex to delay the stickyness and as Tune said Heat from a hair dryer to loosen up and bend or stretch for all those curves. You need to keep rubbing out the windex and wiping with a paper towel. If you do get a bubble, which you will, slice a small hole with an xacto and push the windex out. Use the heat but dont push too hard when hot, sticker will stretch.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
come on brother hook it up. Cool
MUGEN SEIKI
GRAVEY GRAFFIX
LEISURE HOURS
what other vinyl things is chad going to make. is he going to make radio and starter box wraps
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
yes, he will be doing:
wingwraps
starter box wraps
radio wraps
namedecals

and some other items as well im sure I'm forgetting Wink
cool ill be waiting till he is ready instead of going with upgrade. plus my new nomadio is going to need a wrap
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
lol....so does mine Smile
awesome dude, Chad will appreciate that, and you will have continuous support of his/your product, not just drop a sale and forget about you. Upgrade is a good product, but they have TERRIBLE customer service.That is something you wont have to worry about with Chad, you will get quality and he frequents this forum often enough, so the CS is a given with him Wink
i will try and wrap anything you guys may want, and dont see any reason that i wont be able to, convex vinyl will conform to most ne thing so you should be able to have your custom scheme on anything. I will start a thread real soon once i have a few pics/designs to post so there wil be a place for questions, orders, and general info. I hope to have a few things out by round 3 in stl so i can represent. Smile

thanks for the support guys.

thx for the great tips guys.....and would def rather deal w/ some1 local vs in CA.

Keep us informed how its goin.
will do man, thanks again!

chickenfarmer3 Wrote:i will try and wrap anything you guys may want, and dont see any reason that i wont be able to, convex vinyl will conform to most ne thing so you should be able to have your custom scheme on anything. I will start a thread real soon once i have a few pics/designs to post so there wil be a place for questions, orders, and general info. I hope to have a few things out by round 3 in stl so i can represent. Smile

thanks for the support guys.
anyTHING:poke:
MUGEN SEIKI
GRAVEY GRAFFIX
LEISURE HOURS
the Line starts Here....I'M FIRST
8igth 2.0
thanks to:
http://www.slickhobbies.com Burnside, KY/Littleton Co.
KillerB Racing
1994 yahama Phazer II LE snowmobile for sale..
b4 he gets hella busy, I may as well get in line too......something for a PL HD wing......but hey take ur time and get it right

Is there another thread that Chad started where more info is located???
no additional topic yet.....but soon to come.........hang tight Wink
I will make a thread later tonight. no prob rcrunner, when i am close i will get some pics of your body and get ya something that matches.

My lil bro wants a custom wrap for his Wii, console & remotes Smile
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Tex Wrote:My lil bro wants a custom wrap for his Wii, console & remotes Smile

now that would be pimp
no prob Tex, i would need to measure it..or go buy one.....mmm ...Idea

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  just a mini t body...first paint with airbrush ever! Agd123 2 3,767 08-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Last Post: AddictedtoNITRO
  New body for E-Revo BJoe 9 5,922 07-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Last Post: BJoe
  r/c body crack repair rcrunr1 11 4,292 04-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Cole Ogden
  lexan crawler body panels............... bob1961 10 3,399 03-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bob1961
  my mini t body tell me what you think.... racin' ranger 2 13 4,923 10-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Tex
  New Body for the WK BJoe 9 2,972 09-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Last Post: HondaMotocross
  New Body hansarvin 6 2,640 09-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Last Post: blktransam
  mbx5t body motoxer4life 10 2,841 08-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Inside body protection son1cn 9 2,786 05-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA
  My 1st airbrush body ORC Jr. 11 3,289 04-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Tex