Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smmmoooothh Motors
What are some of your favorite smooth motors for indoor? I noticed that excessive power on hand was getting me nowhere fast, but with a 2.5 engine revo I was going faster around the track than my buggy probably.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
mine Big Grin
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
Racin' Ranger1 Wrote:mine Big Grin
Yep. Adjust your shift point when you get the chance, that was way off.

Back on topic.

This motor would be for a buggy with a beginner/intermediate driver.

I was thinking B3, S3?
ninja 21
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
B7 or S5
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Os .30
For the most part, its called throttle control. Big Grin
I got a big dose of it Sunday my first time driving buggy, and with my V-spec no less!
Man, it had sooo much power in the SP2 compared to the ST-R, I had to learn real quick how to be smooth on the throttle!
I was really happy with it though, once I got the hang of it....so its going to stay in the SP2 now and Im getting a EB modded version for the ST-R Big Grin

But for a beginner, I wouldnt recommend a V-spec, even though I like it and think its smooth, it just has so much power.
Kyosho ST-R
O.S. EB Mod V-spec
O.S. T-2050 pipe
Airtronics 94359z servos

Kyosho SP2
O.S. V-spec
Mugen MSR-1005 pipe
Futaba 9350 & 9451 servos

Kyosho Inferno GT
SH .28
Dude I hear 10 Gallon RB motors are sick.... This one guy I saw run his up and down the street and hit a ramp and land in his neighbors grass... The cool thing was the neighbors don't like it, but the engine was so smooooooth that the neighbor never even saw it.... I would look for one of those, especially if you can find one with some sand in it and a worn rod.
cemeb4dk Wrote:Dude I hear 10 Gallon RB motors are sick.... This one guy I saw run his up and down the street and hit a ramp and land in his neighbors grass... The cool thing was the neighbors don't like it, but the engine was so smooooooth that the neighbor never even saw it.... I would look for one of those, especially if you can find one with some sand in it and a worn rod.

LOL!
Kyosho ST-R
O.S. EB Mod V-spec
O.S. T-2050 pipe
Airtronics 94359z servos

Kyosho SP2
O.S. V-spec
Mugen MSR-1005 pipe
Futaba 9350 & 9451 servos

Kyosho Inferno GT
SH .28
RB modded Picco 28 with traxxas stock maxx pipe is da bomb.... boyeeee
Boyee!!!

Love that, I read it like the old B96 Julian Jumpn Perez ads... LOL
s3 or s7
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
basically matt u can make any engine smooth with clutch setups and most importantly throttle Exponential, turn down the exponetial till the motor is smooth enough for you to deal with. I see alotta guys completely over look the features they pay hundreds for with the high end radios, too much steering turn the expo down a little and problem solved etc

snakebite46 Wrote:Os .30
Smooth? I don't think it counts as smooth, More like instant tire shredding torque in a buggy. In mine nearly all of the throttle is found in the first half of the trigger, the last half doesn't get as much response but it does have top speed.

OS 30vg, w/JP3 pipe in a Jammin FTE buggy. I have a 15t clutch bell and am actually considering trying a 16 or to tone it down a bit and get more topend.
it was a joke

Well, flew right over my head today. Then again I did have like 3 monsters this afternoon, probably killed brain cells.

Still, even though the OS 30 isn't the best choice I still love it for bashing. Smile When all you wanna do is jump as far and high as you can more power is always welcome. Besides, got it cheap, used, then it died so I sent it OS and they sent me a new one. Smile
BB picco .26 with light alum shoes and 1.1 springs.... Dialed
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
cemeb4dk Wrote:ninja 21
Aren't you selling one?:p:
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:B7 or S5
What are you running? How long do they last typically?
Eracer76 Wrote:For the most part, its called throttle control. Big Grin
I got a big dose of it Sunday my first time driving buggy, and with my V-spec no less!
But for a beginner, I wouldnt recommend a V-spec, even though I like it and think its smooth, it just has so much power.
Thanks for the input!Smile
traxxas thrasher Wrote:s3 or s7
Considered...
no ninja for sale, the radical is...
i just bought a S5 for my buggy, breaking it in tonight at LH. i'll let ya know tomorrow how it is.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
S3
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
B7 is great all motors last differently, u cant say all RBs get 15 gallons it depends on the way u treat them, you will get 6+ of any engine out there

i recently started using expo on my steering and throttle... then last night i drove a buds car, with the same motor, and i dont think he had any expo on the TH, cuz i couldnt drive it, it was so darty with very little movement of the trigger. there was no finessing that thing around the sweepers. it felt like 80% of the cars forward motion, from a stop, was in the 1st 15% of the trigger...if you can follow what i mean...

some people hate on using expo, but Kadow got me to try it on the steering, as these digi servos are so fast....now i use them on both.
Slim, what's it do? Add a "curve" to the servo's throw, so it starts out a bit slower and the more you pull it speeds up? I get what you're saying though.
yes exactly! it really lets you drive the car around better IMO. p5's are punchy anyway

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  brushless motors Carbo 3 1,933 04-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Mnster
  Which 550 motors for a bump box? Thirdgen89GTA 11 2,337 01-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Last Post: mikeh
  Mini-T/ 1/18 Motors Traxxas_Junkee 34 6,148 03-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Ponch