Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini-T/ 1/18 Motors
I had the Team Orion Big Block motor before, and it was pretty fast, but I would like something a little bit better, I hear alot of people talking about the fireball or something like that I dont remember, so what are you running? I was looking on stormer hobbies for some cheap aluminum stuff and I'm going to order some later tonight, I want to get my truck running again, also I was on stormer and they had the cheap batts but they were out of stock, what batteries do you have? I also have the stock ESC so I need a motor that will work for that.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Trinity Micro Monster is a mild motor, but I like it. The Baja is supposed to be a pretty strong motor that works with stock ESC.

I got Orion Rocket 6 cell packs from Stormer for $10 each. Pretty decent runtimes.
i have a baja that has a handful of runs on it...still runs well. its a good motor but i got a different one. id look into the one18th Beast Raptor or w/e the name had to be changed to...i think it had to be changed b/c of summin. but i have a baja if u r looking for one and id sell it pretty cheap if ur interested. Im running a fantom micro mod motor thats great. i love it. but the fireball is good too.
NSR, do you have the stock ESC with the fantom?

Dave, I was going to order up a few of those batts but they were out of stock, I was also going to get a few dynamite aluminum parts, I can't belive how cheap they are, how is the quality?

yea. works fine
OK, where did you get it and how much?

i got it from t to the maxx new so id ask him where he got it...sry its about 40 bux new
The Dynamite alum stuff is fine. It's a Mini T after all.
Venom Fireball is that other motor you were thinking of. Pretty low end I think.
I have only charged-discharged the Rocket packs about 8-10 since I've had them. So far so good. I only charge them for about an hour to keep them cool.
Now I'm shopping for tires...who has a good source? Street treads and foams is what I need. Unmounted or mounted.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
I like the Trinity wheels and tires for the RC18T, they work fine, I also noticed last time I was in LHR they had some RPM ones on the rack.

dave pick up some PL Road Rages and whatever rims you want. They'll work great. The trinity onroads are a little heavy I think.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
This is a similar pack to the ones I got for $10.

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/cgi-b...pn=SMC1200

And I did see one of the Rocket 6 cell packs on eBay....
OK, I have it narrowed down to

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...LXGSZ5&P=7
or
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...LXBKY9&P=7

I know the orion big block has plenty of power, and it came down $10 From before, I think I might just go back to that, but what do you think?

Make sure you get the right big block plate for the Mini T, not the MicroRS4.
I already have the plate for the big block, i sold the actualy motor with my 18T and it didnt need the plate so I just kept it.

gotcha...it was just that the Tower link had the plate for the HP in it.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
IMHO, brushed in a mini is a waste of money. After a new esc and receiver and motor, it is about the same as a mamba and a receiver.
Smile
Revo2k Wrote:dave pick up some PL Road Rages and whatever rims you want. They'll work great. The trinity onroads are a little heavy I think.

+1 on the Proline road rages.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
Yeah I'm going to get some road rages too. And TTTM not everyone can afford stuff like that, it must be nice being able to get anything you want at a moments notice... I don't want something that is that fast, I want it to be controlable and something that I can drive inside.

Indoors I found the Trinity Micro Monster with smaller pinions to be plenty fast.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Indoors I found the Trinity Micro Monster with smaller pinions to be plenty fast.

I tried that and it started smoking...

With a small pinion? I know it works harder with a larger pinion??
You can undergear a motor to the point where it gets too hot also.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
it was the stock

I guess I can see that if you undergear it you will be using more RPM more of the time....
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Yeah, I think I'm just going to go with the Orion Big Block for now, until I can afford to upgrade the ESC, I went to LH to get it today and they were out of the motors so I'll have to call tomorrow and have them order one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mini-T Driveshafts BJoe 4 3,710 03-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  brushless motors Carbo 3 1,940 04-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Mnster
  Which 550 motors for a bump box? Thirdgen89GTA 11 2,341 01-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Last Post: mikeh
  Smmmoooothh Motors Ponch 114 13,902 10-30-2006, 12:42 AM
Last Post: Michowski