Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
elec. buggies?
has any one looked into elec. buggies? i kinda like the mrc sb, but im not to sure about the parts support. id like a 4wd buggy to throw the bl into, but it needs to take the power (shaft driven) and the abuse of my insanely bad driving!!
I've never looked into elec. buggies, but I'm sure someone on this board has. There bound to chime in sooner or later Smile.
Doesn't Team Losi or Associated make an electric 4wd buggy?
"It tastes like burning"
Losi makes a 4wd elec buggy but everyone says they are super fragile. There is an Associated TC3 Based 4wd buggy as well but its sold by some other company that used parts from all over the Associated parts bin to build and sell. 4wd 1/10 buggy's though are just not popular at all.

on 2wd.. I drove my buddy Nicks associated B4 with a Novak BL in it. It was great handling and with the BL in it was stupid fast to where it was uncontrollable at full throttle. At the track I've seen the B4 buggy's with 19t motors just rip. They are a handfull though with mod motors.
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
I love electric buggies, they are so cool. I've always wanted a decent one.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
i run the losi xxx-4 g+ and i love it. dropped a brushless novak 5800 in it with fusion 3600mah batteries and it scoots right along. well, as long as you charge the batteries. last race that we (the dirtdawgs) had at lh, i forgot to charge my battery for the main. i took 3rd but there was only 3 of us racing :p i think at this next race i will make sure that i will charge them all. i have never had any trouble with mine as for it being fragile. i am not that great of a driver either. :confused:
kanai kid Wrote:i am not that great of a driver either. :confused:

Ohhhhhh man booker you can say that again!!!!! Waaaaa Hehehhehehehe!!! Big Grin Its ok though i suck too. (Just tryin to comfort your burnnnnnnn!!!!)
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Ive heard that the smaller chassis dont do well with 4wd cause theres not enough weight up front to make it worth it. For club racing its dead.Only big event can you get a class togeather for it.
I saw a video by some English guy who made a twin brushless motored 1/8th scale buggy running 14 cells. The thing was amazing!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General 1/10 Stadium Truck and Offroad Buggies Thread bandit 20 3,124 02-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bandit
  4WD 1/10th Offroad Buggies? bandit 1 826 11-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Tex
  Top 3 buggies Biodragen 107 11,060 11-19-2005, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  1/8th scale buggies Obsessive R/C 10 2,167 07-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Tex