Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 3 buggies
What are the top 3 Nitro buggies out there to get.

1/10 or 1/8 scale.

I need some feedback.

Brian
Life is like Beavers, One Damn thing after another- Unknown
If your not breakin parts your not going fast enough-Biodragen

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Losi 8T, JR8611a ST servo, Futaba 9350 Th\Brk Servo, RB-C6BB Motor and Novarossi 528XR.
I think the jammin is good and its cheap compared to other buggies. some1 posted a link to a rc magazine site and they had a review on the best buggies and i think it was the Jammin, Mayhem, and inferno i think. i would wait till other people respond tho
Gamer.
~Noto
Since no one races 1/10 nitro buggies in these parts I'd avoid those. 1/8th is the way to go. I'm getting a Sportwerks Mayhem tomorrow.
I debate the Sportwerks right now and in a major way.

I have the Mayhem ST and from day one--nothing but issues.
Here are my reasons and all under 10 tanks of fuel and I bought this just before Holloween.

1. Flywheel was not shimmed properly from manu. This cause the motor to lock up tight.
It was shimmed and then it fired right up.
2. Front right dogbone came out---I have no idea how or why.
3. Left rear turnbuckle came off loosing parts.
4. At the same time I blew out the Clutch bearings and the one way bearing.
Both I believe to be realted to the first issue as the cause--the cluth bearing has to do with the heat.
5. Race day 2 weekends ago--finished tuning that day made 3 laps and left rear axle snapped---Man...shipped me new axle and one way bearing.
6. this past sunday took it out on some dirt and just tapped another buddy front end to front end and this was not hard at all in anyway. Again another axle snapped this time it was the front right and also found out I once again blew the clutch bearing and after 3 tanks from the last replacement.

So in all---if I had to do this again I would pass on the sportwerks stuff all together.
I also know I am not the only one with issues and especially with the clutch bearing.
I would hold off on this buggie or truck cuz they are basically the same ride.

I am mad as hell over this with this one being my first brand new nitro 1/8 scale truck.
I can tell you it does take some getting use to with driving and it does handle well.

If you decide to get one I suggest the first thing before anything you do is tear it down to the last screw and loc tight the hell out of it---I am constantly loosing something off my truck.

I have been on the phone with Horizon and they are unaware of issues since it is a fairly new truck on the market. I had to take photos of the axles and I will be sending them to Horizon Wednesday and attempt to get new ones for the second time. Keep in mind these are $45 for a pair with the dogbones. I need just the axle hub not the dogbone.
Just my 2 cents for anyone looking into any sportwerks truck or buggie.

As for what buggie I would consider was the jammin but I want to hear what others have to say.

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Losi 8T, JR8611a ST servo, Futaba 9350 Th\Brk Servo, RB-C6BB Motor and Novarossi 528XR.
Here is a pic of both axles

[Image: axlesmall.jpg]

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Just my opinion but,
I think 1/8th scale buggies that are good are
Kyosho 777
Mugen MBX5
X-ray XB8
I had a Mugen MBX5, it was a quality buggy. Nice racer and tough
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I did here that one was a good choice as well and would consider that one too.

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

my choices for the top 3 would have to be:

kyosho
mugen
jammin'
XRAY XB8 moved by [COLOR="DarkOrange"]RB[/COLOR]

:joy:

B Main Hobbies
I would narrow it to 5... close your eyes and they become nearly interchangeable. Just look for parts support and price. If you are not a pro on the track it will take you ages to notice every little difference moving something 1/2 CM does.

In no order:

XB8
Jammin
MBX5
777 Sp 1 or 2
Mayhem
What's Sonny driving this month? That's what I want! LOL!!!

Seriously, I'm no good at 1/8th scale so it doesn't really matter for me. But I have seen Lance beat a LOT of guys and their "flavor of the month buggies" with his bone stock Mayhem again and again. Food for thought?....
heck I had my storm and loved the thing. It had plenty of adjustment for me, was very fast, and very durable. You don't need to drop $800 on a nice buggy...
Quote:What's Sonny driving this month? That's what I want! LOL!!!

Kyosho
IMO...

1. Kyosho
2. Jammin
3.X Ray

... I dont race 1/8 but my buds do and i read every r/c mag cover to cover so i have kinda built my opinions on what ive seen and read
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
satoch Wrote:What's Sonny driving this month? That's what I want! LOL!!!

Seriously, I'm no good at 1/8th scale so it doesn't really matter for me. But I have seen Lance beat a LOT of guys and their "flavor of the month buggies" with his bone stock Mayhem again and again. Food for thought?....

deleted original responce, speaking without thinking first...Doh! sorry man!

still though, kinda seems like a blow towards Sonny....
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
None of the above. Just an observation.
Every buggy has its pros and cons. Some guys are faster than others with different brands and others are just fast with whatever they drive.
Im sure a talented driver such as sonny could drive the box that the mayhem came in and put nearly all 1/8 scale racers on here to shame.
once again Satoch starting sh#@
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
" Cant we all just get along??"
I guess not

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
Sonny's a great driver and I'm not starting anything. You guys are something else.
just call it like I see it

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
back to the question asked....

here's a similar question asked not too long ago....http://www.chitownrc.com/showthread.php?t=913

It was more truggy vs buggy but led to good input on both.
anyways.... Any of the top buggies will be good. Pick up any of the top buggies and learn to drive it and it will fly. With buggies being so close in design its more about driving skillz then anything else. Any pro can pick up a buggy and win with it for the most part so choose one you can get parts for pretty easily and just practice practice practice with it.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General 1/10 Stadium Truck and Offroad Buggies Thread bandit 20 3,130 02-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bandit
  4WD 1/10th Offroad Buggies? bandit 1 829 11-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Tex
  1/8th scale buggies Obsessive R/C 10 2,174 07-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Tex
  elec. buggies? rusty savage 8 1,961 05-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Last Post: satoch