Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dent in pipe!!
ok well a week or so ago i got this dent in my pipe and was wonderin if it is gonig to affect performance or ruin the engine?? also today i took it out and got it tuned and was making a high speed run then after about 5 seconds of WOT it started to sound like it was running out of gas so i hit the breaks and then it slowly died, but there was plenty of fuel, just it wouldnt start cause the glow plug died. my question is did that dent cause that to happen?? thanks, kevin

PICTURES:
[Image: 100_3438.jpg]
[Image: 100_3437.jpg]
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
Uhh idk but I'd get that out if I were you...Try some ice yet?
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
well i havent figured out what to use to plug up the hole that connects to the manifold...
[/SIZE]
A dent CAN rob your engine of power ... Since a two stroke engine uses exsaust pressure to run properly its likey that dent could have had somthin to do with your recent problems.... Even small dents like that can affect performance
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
I used the cap from my clutch shoe remover...

Go to a store and pick up some corks.
Oh and pick up the latest issue of RCCA, very thorough explanation of how a 2 stroke's pipe works.
traxxas thrasher Wrote:well i havent figured out what to use to plug up the hole that connects to the manifold...

They sell caps at the lhs
thanks rocco, well I need a new glow plug o maybe ill make a trip up there before sunday.
[/SIZE]
Ponch Wrote:Oh and pick up the latest issue of RCCA, very thorough explanation of how a 2 stroke's pipe works.

yeah i have that one Im a subscriber and i read it, and now that I think about it yeah it will rob me of power....ahhaah thanks for reminding me what i read
[/SIZE]
Yep stumbled across that article in school one day.
No problem... They come in a pack of all differnt sizes... They make lil ones that can cover the pressure line too
ok kool thanks rocco.
[/SIZE]
rocco79 Wrote:No problem... They come in a pack of all differnt sizes... They make lil ones that can cover the pressure line too

All you gotta do for the pressure line is zip tie a peice of fuel tubing onto the nipple and zip tie a screw in the other end.
Wait I remember what I did before- the fuel line on the nipple, a glow ignitor cap on the stinger, and I jammed a sharpie in the part that connects to the manifold.
Ponch im glad you feel the need to post in every thread.... But instead of jammin sharpie parts in the pipe a 3 dollar pack of caps will do the job fine time and time again...
Besides the caps are useful for capping your fuel inlet on your motor during breakdowns and fuel tank openings
I don't feel the "need" to post in every thread. I just post in threads that I know something about.
ohhh ok..............................................................

Then you know about everything then i see..
rocco79 Wrote:Ponch im glad you feel the need to post in every thread....
LMAO!!!! Sorry LOL!!!

Would a big dent in the header cause trouble?
Max
I think a dent in the header would be even worse... At rd4 i was having issues with my p5x and a simple header change made a world of differnce. Same pipe justa long header and the power that came outta the mill was improved 100%
Thanks
You should never run an engine WOT for no more than a few seconds. Were you doing high speed runs with it and running it a top speed for those 5 seconds?
T-T-T Confusedalute:
HAGASAN Wrote:You should never run an engine WOT for no more than a few seconds. Were you doing high speed runs with it and running it a top speed for those 5 seconds?

well on the outdoor track at LHR your on the throttle WOT for about 5 seconds.....and i was doing this in the street
[/SIZE]
sounds like u need to retune, i dont think a dent like that would cause the problems ur having
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
well yeah i did need to richen it 1/8 turn cause it was a little leaner than I like, and thats prolly why i blew the glow plug......but i still think I should get the dent out, im freezing it right now, so well see
[/SIZE]
well i dont think an 1/8th of a turn is enough if ur blowin plugs, check the rod to make sure its still in good shape and maybe use a temp gun next time lol
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which Pipe For Mach 427? truck_buster23 3 2,156 02-25-2008, 12:38 AM
Last Post: truck_buster23
  Pipe Hangar J-Dub 14 3,794 01-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  what pipe to run with a os vspec eraser 32 7,377 10-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Last Post: allan42r
  Revo Pipe, Rubbing J-Dub 10 2,906 08-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  What pipe to buy Brian K 2 1,892 04-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Pipe Freezing Ponch 7 2,108 04-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Last Post: blktransam
  revo pipe Meatwad 28 5,048 01-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  what pipe for a b7 that I will be running in my jammin crt badmojo 6 2,109 11-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Last Post: chris arnold
  what pipe for Novarossi N528XR .28....n/m qwk01ta 14 2,622 09-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Obsessive R/C
  THS Revo Pipe Write-Up Ponch 27 4,657 04-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Last Post: satoch