Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Radio to get? DX3.0,XS3 Pro,M11,3PM,3PM-s
What Radio to get? DX3.0,XS3 Pro,M11,3PM,3PM-s

I really like the feel of the new DX3.0 and the XS3 Pro. But I wish they had ABS and I have use the DX3 that a buddy has and there is a lag when the car gets about a block away.

The M11 is killer. Just think it is a little overkill.

And the 3pm is not syth

The 3pm-s is syth but only uses digital servos. All the others can use either or.

Let me know what you guys think.

I just bash around and go to the track about 2 times a month. But I want to get into racing in the future. So I want to buy a remote that will last.
I love my regualar XS3 and with everyone going to spectrum I have no problem at all with frequencies, and if I do its so easy to change to a different one its not a problem.

I know JR and Spectrum are made by Horizon Hobby and they have GREAT customer service.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
cant go wrong with the M11 I had the the M8 and thought the m11 would be over kill, but i have used just about all the features on it so far
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
m11
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
i love my xs3
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
3pk[Image: futj33.jpg]
If you are looking for a higher end radio, the Futaba 3PK, Airtronics M8/11, or JR Z-1 are all great buys. Also, all can be converted to Spektrum OR Synthesised, depending on what you want. I always thought "A radio is a radio", untill I actually had a high end radio. I noticed a BIG improvement going to a JR XS3 from the stock radios, and an even larger improvement going from the JR XS3 to the JR R-1 w/ Spektrum module. Faster response times, better range, more adjustability, etc. The R-1 is discontinued, but the Z-1 is the replacement for it.

If you are just looking for a good radio for the price, the Spektrum DX3 and DX2 are good buys. They use the OLD style JR radio housings, so they don't have as many adjustments,but have the hassle free Spektrum technology.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
hassle free spectrum technology? I've had nothing but problems, range is an issue, the controller is battery sensitive. I've already had to return a receiver because it would go any farther then 100 feet before the lag set in and it only got worse along the way. now I get more delay, again with the other receiver, I'm sick and tired of spectrum crap. Anyone want a dx3 system??
Whitey04 Wrote:hassle free spectrum technology? I've had nothing but problems, range is an issue, the controller is battery sensitive. I've already had to return a receiver because it would go any farther then 100 feet before the lag set in and it only got worse along the way. now I get more delay, again with the other receiver, I'm sick and tired of spectrum crap. Anyone want a dx3 system??

Hey! You and me both! I have a dx2 that does the same crap.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
spek was great, no range issues even with the ant all inside the box. Smile

controller was fine till 9.8 volts. never a glitch one the whole time i had it.

no lag at all.
I can only go by customer feedback, and it has been highly positive on the DX3. I do not want to diminish the problems the other posters had on their spektrum's but we have sold quite a few of them, and only one has come back to visit. It had a screw in the steering wheel that was overtightened and was causing unsmooth turning of the wheel. The added 2nd free receiver ($80) makes it a decent value. The short TX and RX antennas are another plus.
i use a xs3 right now and it is very comfy, nice and light and alot of features. just bought a helios(z-1) with drop down wheel, cant wait for it to get here.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
M11.

I haven't used all the features yet, but I am messing with them one at a time each time I go the track.
Since you mention them all in one question, I can only presume you have the budget to get anyone of them? If that's the case M11.
On a tight budget, XS3's are a nice change from stock for smaller $$$. I have two (One a XS3Pro) and I like them and have had no issues with them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In the Market for a new Radio. J-Dub 22 10,200 05-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  KO EX-1 Mars radio problem? bubbaracing 2 3,559 04-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  Radio Case UE-Maxx 19 4,383 11-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  KO Propo EX-1 Mars radio. Spektrum?? bubbaracing 7 2,976 10-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  wich radio to get cheesecake 12 3,265 05-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Last Post: UE-Maxx
  I Want To Get A High End Radio...which One Should I Get Though??? AWFUL KANAWFUL 41 7,784 01-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Last Post: squirrel
  Digital Servo/Computer Radio JTak77 4 1,997 01-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  radio not working??? crappyjato 7 2,100 05-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  Spektrum Radio and input voltage Biodragen 0 1,621 04-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Biodragen
  ¿Radio Setting? UE-Maxx 12 2,888 03-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee