Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RC Pro Series Membership
Not sure if you guys have seen this yet, but a membership will be required starting next year.

The mebership fee will be $30 per year.

But if you sign up before Sept 1, it locks you in at $20 per year.

I was just browsing their website and saw this, so I think it was just announced.

Your membership gets you discounts at certain online mags and retailers also.

BTW, I joined.....
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
Does this get you a free ride to all the races? Or is this a fee and then the normal $45 to race?
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
no its a membership you still have to pay to race, but you need to be a member to race.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
they are turning into ROAR....good thing people actually go to these races lol
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Greeaaat.... More money.
It's $20 a year...Rolleyes
Ok but you have a job...For me that's a bit more than I want to spend just to be able to spend more to race.
Glad I'm still a basher Big Grin
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
Revo2k Wrote:Ok but you have a job...For me that's a bit more than I want to spend just to be able to spend more to race.

I can appreciate your viewpoint. This is a costly hobby/sport. I guess this may be one way for the owners of the RCPS to control participation and operational costs. Now only the serious will participate. Or those who wish to pay an extra $20-30 to race once in a while.
yeah I see it matts way, because I too do not have a job and that 20-30 could be spent on a gallon of gas, but hey its only 20-30 and its only once a year, not every race.....

matt dont you mow lawns? save a couple lawns payments and there ya go
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
I mow A lawn, my own. That and I wash our cars too. I can make up to a whopping $20 a week. Wahoo.
Then get a job.....
I can make up to a whooping $10 a week and my yard is much bigger than yours.

so dont complain
[/SIZE]
The only place where MONEY comes before WORK, is in the dictionary.
Revo2k Wrote:I mow A lawn, my own. That and I wash our cars too. I can make up to a whopping $20 a week. Wahoo.

do whay a did......yesterday i made up flyers and sent them out to people around my neighborhood introducing my self and guess what, 30 minutes after i was done passing them out i got a call and now I have a job to mow this ladys lawn wednesday for $25
[/SIZE]
mommy and daddy cant pay for everything. Get out there and get a job. Nobody is gonna give you one, you have to go and look. Theres no use telling us your poor in your posts every 2 weeks because nobody will feel sorry for you. I had a job since I was 14 and never stopped working since. Theres plenty of opportunities out there
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
Yeah but I just ain't the lawn mowing type. I tried the flyer thing a few years back and nothing happened.

I tried to get a job but nowhere around here will hire someone 15, 16 is a minimum. I've gone to LH, Target, and Wal-Mart so far. I refuse to work at a fast food joint unless it was like Subway.
traxxas thrasher Wrote:do whay a did......yesterday i made up flyers and sent them out to people around my neighborhood introducing my self and guess what, 30 minutes after i was done passing them out i got a call and now I have a job to mow this ladys lawn wednesday for $25

Be sure and do a great job...and then ask her to recommend you to her friends!
what did you do when you were 14 michowski. and BTW mommy and daddy dont pay for any r/c stuff, theyre not a fan
[/SIZE]
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Be sure and do a great job...and then ask her to recommend you to her friends!

thanks dave, will do
[/SIZE]
Revo2k Wrote:Yeah but I just ain't the lawn mowing type. I tried the flyer thing a few years back and nothing happened.

I tried to get a job but nowhere around here will hire someone 15, 16 is a minimum. I've gone to LH, Target, and Wal-Mart so far. I refuse to work at a fast food joint unless it was like Subway.

That is the attitude that isn't really getting you anywhere. "I'm not the this type" "I won't work here". Suck it up and get a job ANYWHERE. Money is better than no money and then you can list it as prior experience when you look for a new job. There are plenty of place that hire 15 year olds. I hae been working since I was 13 or 14 as well.......
traxxas thrasher Wrote:what did you do when you were 14 michowski. and BTW mommy and daddy dont pay for any r/c stuff, theyre not a fan

Yeah, same here. They hate this stuff.

If I need a big chunk of money, I have to sell stuff off.
I used to cut grass around the neighborhood, help older people with outside activities, shovel snow in winter, clean windows. Hell I did just about anything to make money. I was never strapped for small cash.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
matt trust me just make up a great flyer, and walk around go up to the house and say, "hi, my name is matt and i starting a lawn buisness, here's my flyer." hand them the flyer and say thanks, have a good day.

trust me try it. this is my 3rd year doing this and the last 2 years no one called, becuase i didnt go and introduce myself and i was smaller. your A big guy now, so you can push a mower. if you want ill give you a copy of my flier and you can edit the prices and hand them out, i had some people comment on how well written it was, nothing fancy but it got straight to the point
[/SIZE]
They take paypal for the membership ??? Do you get a card or somethign saying your a member ?

20 bucks aint nothing comapred to what other things cost......fuel for example.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Midwest Nitro Series 2012 Season GWPHOENIX 3 4,994 03-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: GWPHOENIX
  2009 points series at Outback RC Raceway BobWoodhouse 0 2,207 07-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Last Post: BobWoodhouse
  Leisure Hours On Road Point Series chicagokenji 0 1,984 04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Midwestnitro Series 2009 GWPHOENIX 2 7,832 03-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Last Post: GWPHOENIX
  National Championship Series Casketman 3 16,578 02-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Last Post: BobWoodhouse
  2009 Illinois State Pro Series 2.0 Edition Casketman 6 6,009 01-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Last Post: badmojo
  2008 Jammin Midwest Nitro Series mfanke19 34 10,182 08-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Prairie land Shootout series cheesecake 6 3,217 05-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Last Post: bubbacola
  Midwest Nitrocross 2008 Points Series mfanke19 4 2,874 01-02-2008, 08:46 AM
Last Post: mfanke19
  Pro Series finals Casketman 82 10,778 11-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Last Post: allan42r