Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inferno GT Buildup (pics)
ohh yeah.. I got the Inferno GT today that replaces my out of date Kyosho Landmax 2. Basically Inferno GT is a 7.5 buggy converted to "Rally Game" as they call it in UK. Here it goes!

All stock.. It was like this for about 10 minutes..
[Image: GT_01.jpg]

the Old half buggy converted Landmax 2 that sports lots of hop ups and the All stock inferno GT.
[Image: GT_02.jpg]

15 minutes later the inferno GT was in pieces.
[Image: GT_03.jpg]

these are the only parts of the inferno GT that I used!
[Image: GT_05.jpg]

And the parts of the inferno GT I didn't use. lol!
[Image: GT_06.jpg]

OK After drilling holes and dremeling the JT chassis the 2 speed and fuel tank is mounted!
[Image: GT_07.jpg]

Rear assembly complete using the Inferno GT shock tower, body mount, and shocks only.
[Image: GT_08.jpg]

Front end is assembled again using the GT's shocks, shock towers, and bumper.
[Image: GT_09.jpg]

Radio tray and electronics all on!
[Image: GT_10.jpg]

and complete.. Lots of mods to get that engine mounted though. I had to dremel off the stock casted in motor mount, pull off the Massive diamater stock flywheel, Take off the pull start (too big and was hitting the Driveshaft) It was a pain but the motor sits a almost 1/2" lower than stock mounts.
[Image: GT_11.jpg]

And all the leftover parts!! these will go toward getting the truggy some new plastic and electronics before I sell it.
[Image: GT_12.jpg]

Pretty much this has got to be the most hoped up Inferno GT on the planet... lol! Also the pics don't show it but the the body on this thing is huge. body is almost 2' long and its a foot wide. Tomorow I break in the engine and get some good pics of it before I run it! :joy:

HAHA!! also just noticed that I didn't open any of the stock RTR radio gear, instructions, or tools that came with the thing.
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
lol..thats funny...looks great thou
looking for something new to buy.... like a lst2 or something let me know what u got..................
schweet lookin' good
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
pretty sweet
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
Looks like a nice car man. Great job on it.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Looks cool. How long for the total buildup?
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Take some pictures with the rc18t next to it for size comparison.

Looks good.
when are you thinkin youll be breakin it in? My rs4 parts should be here today or monday Ill prob have it ready to go by tuesday. lmk where is the lot you plan on heading to?
It only tok my about 4 hours from the time I opened the box to complete to finish but I do have 4 MP7.5 based RC's and can wrench on them with my eyes closed so I probably went faster than most.

I'll get a few more pics outside in a bit and get the RC18t in the pics. It will look like a spec of dust compared to the GT with the body on! lol!

I can't get out much during the week because of the odd hours I work. it will all be weekends if anyhitng. I started breakin today but now its raining on and off so I probably won't be able to do anyhitng with it until next weekend unless the weather completey changes.. (fingers crossed)
After I get it partially setup and broken in a few tanks I'll be at the BISCO lot. South side of Schaumburg in an industrial area. I suck with directions so lets try this. http://www.bisco.com/contact/ this is the place. Its a quiet place to run but cops do roll through and run plates on ocasion and talk sometimes although they have never hassled me or anyone running Rc's there other than that. If you have any good places in the area I'm up for it though!
-- John --
ok here are some more pics..

[Image: GT_14.jpg]

[Image: GT_15.jpg]

[Image: GT_16.jpg]
-- John --
Looks god John.

Looks like there are almost enough parts there to make another one... What all is needed to make a complete car?
Don't know yet. I'm going to teardown the truggy and replace some parts on that. then I'll have to do a full inventory and see whats left.
-- John --
sweet! but realistically u coulda bougt some shock towers shocks and a bumper and been able to do the same thing lol Wink
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
but he wouldnt have gotten the body!
Same 'ol Fun!
no not really.. its more than body mounts and shock towers. The body alone is $96, the 2 speed trans is roughly $140 to buy seperate and right now both hard to come by. I would rather spend $400 for the RTR and sell off all the Stock RTR stuff and spare parts to make the money back rather than wait 4 months and spend $250 to get the 2 speed parts and body.
-- John --
the body is 100$ omg thats ridiculous lol ya u took the right route on that one lol
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
My initial plan was to convert a buggy over but man..I was shocked when I found out the cost for the body and totaled up the cost for all the 2 speed parts. so yeah.. just bought new. Plus I needed an engine and some other parts for my other 7.5's and doing this worked out perfect.
-- John --
wow that thing is huge next to the mini..the mini is as big as the roof!!!
looking for something new to buy.... like a lst2 or something let me know what u got..................
That is a RTR or a complete kit?? Looks pretty sweet. I had better stop looking at it before I decide to get another RC. (I am missing it already. LoL)
Its RTR..

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/products/31812B-BMW.asp#

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/products/31811B-Subaru.asp

I picked mine up on ebay for about $400 new. There is a used Inferno GT on fleabay right now that ends tomorow.
-- John --
I have been looking at that auction for a couple of days now. Now I see why you recommended it to me in the first place. I got my eye on a HPI R40 built kit w/ MX3 radio and a bump box that a guy has on ebay and nobody seems to be bidding on. Considering the cost of the GT and parts availability I think I might wait. But I am still watching that auction.
That thing is AWESOME!! I can't see jumping it but some of the construction yards or something similar would make for a lot of fun...
well if I raised up the body and put 1/8 buggy tires on it it could handle small jumps if you were carefull but with the plastic spur gears and 2 speed jumps would not be recomended for sick jumps but if you could put a 1/8 buggy diff in the center instead of the 2 speed. center diff will drop right in no problem.

As far as parts availibility the only parts that are harder to find are the 2 speed parts and the bodies. Everyting else is Mp7.5 buggy K2 based as easy to find but Even the harder to find parts can be ordered through AL's or Kyosho America directly. when I looked into the body and 2 speed parts form Kyosho America a couple months ago they said it was 8 weeks backorder because of high demand but now it should be fine.

they are the best for all round use imo.. especially in the urban type enviroments that have lots of dirty parking lots and streets but not soo much real off road.
-- John --

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some new pics from todays racing Gene 1 3,161 09-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Gene
  Anybody else here have onboard pics? BJoe 4 3,674 01-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Last Post: looker2756
  some pics of yesterday Gene 9 3,014 05-21-2009, 01:00 AM
Last Post: BJoe
  The return of the Aston Martin DBR9 Inferno GT2 Thirdgen89GTA 4 3,758 05-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Last Post: grim digger
  Vintage VW show pics Gene 0 1,609 05-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Gene
  When does adding 3 positive things together equal a negative? (SFW but bloody pics) Thirdgen89GTA 7 2,664 03-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Last Post: mikeh
  Thought it's about time I post some pics of the New Stuff Toughtrax 6 2,699 10-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Tex
  did some flying saturday, some pics... stratcat 8 2,936 08-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Last Post: stratcat
  Motivational pics Michowski 32 7,309 07-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Inferno GT 2.0 With new bodies Thirdgen89GTA 13 3,678 07-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA