Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inferno GT 2.0 With new bodies
Kyosho has made some changes for the new IGT2. Longer wheelbase, a SG Cranskaft style engine (thank god) and some other minor tweaks. Along with two new kick ass bodies. Hopefully the F430 and DBR9 bodies will make the transition to the new chassis as well.

[Image: 65_01_lg.jpg]
[Image: 65_02_lg.jpg]
[Image: 65_06_lg.jpg]
[Image: 65_05_lg.jpg]

[Image: 65_07_lg.jpg]

http://kyoshoamerica.com/news.php?article_id=65

Wheel base is up from 325mm to 360mm, still shy of the DM-1 which is about 390mm. Overall Length is up about 2" i think.

There's also been some words that OFNA is going to offer a short wheelbase version of the DM-1 known as the DM-1S, probably to compete in the 1/8th Rally Game market.
Well...I gotta get one now cause of the Corvette C6R
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
J-Dub Wrote:Well...I gotta get one now cause of the Corvette C6R

Yeah, the body looks amazing. OFNA should take note for their GTP and DM-1 series cars. MORE detailed bodies PLEASE.
Looks like time for a chassis upgrade and new body for mine...
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
Not goin off Jumps so I think plastic would get the job done.

SOAKONE Wrote:As soon as this thing hits retail with a price it's as good as got. Can't wait to see what other shells and hop ups come out for it. I remember RC Car Action did the GT Inferno against the Ofna in the April issue. The Inferno came out ahead performance wise though a tad pricier out the box. Hopefully this new version has some enhancements as well.

Edit:
Looks like the shocks are still plastic Sad

Is that a 5th scale mustang on your table there in your avatar? Or simply a VERY wide angle shot of a 1/10th scale TC?
J-Dub Wrote:Not goin off Jumps so I think plastic would get the job done.

Went to a Concrete bowl skatepark last year with the IGT. It was really cool racing around in the bowl, using the transitions of the bowl as "banked turns". After a little while, on a whim, I went all out and launched out of the bowl... Surprisingly, the IGT held up perfectly. I'm not saying that I would make regular practice of that, but it did hold up.
Hehehe. Bashing at it's finest. Very Nice Big Grin

An Ode to stunt Junkies, Ala RC.

Finally a Corvette body-sweet! What exactly is the problem with the 2-speed everyone seems to complain about? I've never had any problems with mine.
Traxxas Slash
Kyosho Inferno GT-Ferrari
Associated T4 and B4-Brushless/LiP
Kyosho Hang-On Motorcycle
"Who stole my turnbuckle wrench?!"
I know a lot of the times there is trouble with plastic shocks, it is usually overfilled, and not properly bled, which puts a lot of extra strain on the threads. Not saying this is always the problem, but something to watch for...

Chimer, a lot of people had a problem with the 2-speed shifting TOO quick, barely taking advantage of having a 1st gear. This may have just been an issue with the early releases.
SOAKONE Wrote:I spend time trying to cook up simple yet cool designs with cans and then go out just to "cruise" then the crowds show up and so does my ego and then the body ends up wedged between the concrete and a Dodge Ram tire.
Wait... What?
-KEVIN
Krosenqu Wrote:Wait... What?

Simple, he paints a body.

Goes out to cruise

People show up

he shows off

Car body gets ruined.

Smile
SOAKONE Wrote:Yeah that's pretty much it and I do have a way of wedging my cars under parked truck tires. Lambo bodies lend themselves to that pretty nicely.Sad

Never ran my lambo bodied hyper 1/7 into a car, but then again its big enough that it never quite gets away from me, not a very twitchy car.

Then again, at $65 for a clear, unpainted body its not exactly a cheap one.
SOAKONE Wrote:yeah you hit a bump or imperfection in the asphalt at the wrong angle and sudden unplanned changes of course do happen. I accept the user error portion of all my crashes and I'm happy to say I haven't bent a chassis in over a year now.

I'm going through A-Arms at a lower rate now too. It all boils down to me driving that RS4 too hard, throttling through turns and not braking or slowing down nearly enough in between.

I'm a lead foot in real life as well, so it's probably habitual.

Larger car, 30" long. Smile Not much upsets it in a parking lot. My 1/10ths were always too twitchy when bashing in a parking lot. Every little imperfection sending them skittering across the pavement. The larger 1/8th and 1/7th scale cars ignore all but the largest bumps, and they have enough suspension travel to absorb most of it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The return of the Aston Martin DBR9 Inferno GT2 Thirdgen89GTA 4 3,757 05-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Last Post: grim digger
  New Inferno GT Ferrari F430 pics. Thirdgen89GTA 23 6,363 08-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Kyosho Nitro Mini Inferno video! HAGASAN 1 1,364 10-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Last Post: mikeh
  Some new Bodies salsaking 13 2,084 06-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Last Post: salsaking's queen
  My new bodies... Mr. Tune 17 2,808 05-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Last Post: destroy_my_revo_15
  Bruce's new bodies Biodragen 20 3,158 05-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Biodragen
  Inferno GT Buildup (pics) SixVi6-Camaro 22 5,913 04-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Last Post: SixVi6-Camaro
  RC Car Action editor on news showing off nitro inferno mikeh 10 2,057 03-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  Kyosho Inferno ST-R Promo Video PoPRC 9 2,092 03-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  my newly painted bodies cemeb4dk 60 8,511 12-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Tex