Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chi-Town Shootout Pictures
I went today for about an hour and a half. Fastest lap time was 22 seconds. A lot of people broke on the triple. That thing is huge.
[Image: chitownshootout10.JPG]
[Image: chitownshootout9.JPG]
[Image: chitownshootout8.JPG]
[Image: chitownshootout7.JPG]
[Image: chitownshootout6.JPG]
[Image: chitownshootout5.JPG]
[Image: chitownshootout4.JPG]
[Image: chitownshootout3.JPG]
[Image: chitownshootout2.JPG]
[Image: chitownshootout1.JPG]

I have two videos. I will see if I can figure them out and post them.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
That triple is a lot bigger now that you have a car to compare it to. Were peopll pissed that it was there or were they cool with it?? I know some don't like a big "make or break" jump... Looks like a good time though.
LOL!!!!! i posted a new thread about this very thing like 2 mins after you posted yours! LOL!!!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
People didn't seem bothered with it. Definately have to watch out if your marshalling near it. A lot of people were jumping onto the straight and to the otherside.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
double, single dan....
Doing it as a triple didn't seem that hard. They weren't nailing the throttle and I sometimes thought they wouldn't make it over, but they did.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
Thats the one nice thing about flashlights. Theres no wait for power to spool up. Its just there , instantly. They prolly didnt have to nail to shoot a 3 pound truck with crazy modded motors and 3600 mill. packs ! LOL!!!!
I don't know if you mean "crazy modded motors" as low turn motors, but the classes were only stock and 19t. Stadium truck, 2WD buggy, and 4WD buggy.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
thats what i ment... But as you can see i have no knowledge in flashlights, i just know i dont realy care for electric but it does speak volumes for the instant snap! If basically stock motors can go like that then you can see how fast they make power
I like nitro more than electric, but everyone once and a while when I drive my eletric buggy, I am suprised the power it has.

I also know nothing about electric. When I was browsing around in the pits, I couldn't tell you what anything was. It takes a lot of money to be a competative electric racer. Same with nitro though too.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
That's going to be a major issue for me. I haven't learned how to do doubles or triples. I can see myself rolling over those at a snails pace.
LoL... I was going to say that I could see you doing single, single, single like they were small hills. :-) The only way to learn is to hit them though. I generally get on it good as I get to the lip and then let off in the air. You can tap the throttle if you need to get the nose up or you can lightly tap the brakes if the nose is really high. That is really all that there is to it...
22 sec laps is moving it with all the wacky jumps in that layout!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Wow... those are some quick times. Maybe it looks more fun but the lines are actually easier??
I'll probably start out just rolling over all of them, then try doing doubles. It's tough getting practice with everyone else out on the track. Next Sunday you know the track will be filled with buggies.
I'm just going to first try the trip as a doub sing and if I can overshoot that well enough then I'll try for the trip...Otherwise I'll just do doub sing....
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Nice pics Steve, thanks for posting them and keeping us updated.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Screw it I will probably roll most of it for a lap or 2 and then go for it. If I don't make it then I will correct. :-)
Tex, can I just tie a rope from your truck to mine? Smile
Better be a strong rope lol...
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:22 sec laps is moving it with all the wacky jumps in that layout!

That was the fastest lap of everyone. I was looking at the TQ's of the classes and that was the fastest. I did hear a lot of 23's though during qualifying.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
Bernie mentioned that there were going to be a lot of top drivers at that race.

Steve, isn't it easier to get clear pictures without the nitro haze !!!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Yes it is, Dave. It's hard though in some spots where there is no lights and the flash won't reach that far.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
Did you take a hike up to the drivers stand?? Can you still see everything really well?? It doesn't look like there are any blind spots like the original turn at the ed of the back straight... (I'll probably get as close to where sonny o stands as possible anyway... I was amazed at the difference that made last time.)
I didn't go up on the driver's stand, but I did hear some people telling marshalls to watch out. It seemed like everyone pretty much knew each other there because they were joking around all the time.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resizing Pictures Krosenqu 7 6,747 05-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Krosenqu
  Pictures from the Midwest RC Drag Event! Brian_BigSquidRC 6 6,027 05-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Brian_BigSquidRC
  2nd dirt dawgs race pictures cheesecake 1 1,744 05-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  short video of the chitown shootout... daven75 24 4,574 03-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Evil3
  '07 Auto Show Pictures Ponch 37 5,977 02-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Last Post: AddictedtoNITRO
  Chitown R/C Pizza Party pictures **NO 56k, PLZ** RobH 42 6,623 01-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  my revo.....LOTS of pictures kevinF 9 2,717 07-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  Pictures LHR 3/12 RCDad 41 7,772 03-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Last Post: GWPHOENIX
  Havn't posted many pictures in a while RobH 80 12,044 01-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Last Post: UE-Maxx
  Chi-Town R/C Berwyn Bash Videos! MyJeep 39 7,357 11-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Last Post: snakebite46