Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
me = pissed with broken truck.
The day started off with the glowplug being dead, so i bought a new one, and got it running, then the rear right wheel came off, so I got one of my extra lugnuts and put it on, then the steering got caught up, and I looked into it and it was an easy fix, the final thing that happened that messed everything up:

I was driving on the street, and turned to hard so it flipped, braking off the antenna, it landed on it's wheels, and took off, I realized I didn't have control, and it went WOT into a curb, flipping it, the don't know what it is called(the rubbery part attaching the header and the exhaust) came off the header, so It didn't kill the engine when I covered the exhaust, by the time I got the body off, it died of fuel dehydration(remember it was WOT this whole time). I took it inside, and the radio no longer works, so I don't know if receiver is dead, or if the servos are dead. I manually moved the throttle to closed, and started tried to start the engine, and luckily the engine still works. So I burnt the unused fuel that was in the lines.

Do any of you know if it is the receiver or servos, or would be able to tell by looking at it? I know I have to get the antenna, but need to konw what else is needed. I only have $78, so let's hope it is enough.
My R/C's:
T-maxx 2.5-front rpm a-arms, front/rear alluminum skids, pull-start, ofna failsafe, 5 cell hump pack
xmod red 1969 camaro with 6 cell conversion, stage 2 motor and body kit
xmod Red Toyota Supra-no upgrades.

xmod Silver Acura RSX-has green underglow lights, and blue LED exhaust, and body kit.-My parts car(as it is broke, and too lazy to buy part to fix it)
xmod Yellow Acura NSX-has body kit(sometimes put the RSX body on it)
Visit my site
What radio are you using?
well do you have the stock reciever box?

is so take that off and push all the servo plugs in nice and tight and try that.make sure batterys are completely in and buy a fail safe for $25.00
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
yep I have everything stock. I am going to look into the receiver box later tonight, and I will make sure about the batteries like you said too.
My R/C's:
T-maxx 2.5-front rpm a-arms, front/rear alluminum skids, pull-start, ofna failsafe, 5 cell hump pack

xmod Silver Acura RSX-has green underglow lights, and blue LED exhaust, and body kit.-My parts car(as it is broke, and too lazy to buy part to fix it)
Visit my site
if that doesnt work let me no and Ill think of something else
[/SIZE]
If it is the stock Traxxas 27 mhz Receiver (no crystal), I have the one from my Revo...$5.
I have a spare used Ofna failsafe...$5.

Lemme know.

ps: failsafe won't help if your battery dies or get knocked out in a crash. Put on a throttle return spring, too!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Throttle return spring, thats my failsafe!
I got everything fixed, except the antenna, which I am going to solder and either heat shrink, or electrical tape it in electronics tomorrow in school, since I don't remember where I put my soldering iron at the house.

I checked the batteries, pushed in the servo connectors, and the battery connector to the receiver, checked all the wiring from everything to it, and something fixed it, not sure what.

Also I will buy the failsafe dave, where do you want to meet, tomorrow probably not today. What condition is the failsafe in? and how easy is it to install? I will prob pick up a throttle return spring from Al's tomorrow also, I am sick of runaways.
My R/C's:

Visit my site
a fail safe is easy to put on, you just plug that into the reciver and then the throttle servo into the failsafe.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
mikecooper Wrote:I got everything fixed, except the antenna, which I am going to solder and either heat shrink, or electrical tape it in electronics tomorrow in school, since I don't remember where I put my soldering iron at the house.

I checked the batteries, pushed in the servo connectors, and the battery connector to the receiver, checked all the wiring from everything to it, and something fixed it, not sure what.

Also I will buy the failsafe dave, where do you want to meet, tomorrow probably not today. What condition is the failsafe in? and how easy is it to install? I will prob pick up a throttle return spring from Al's tomorrow also, I am sick of runaways.

I'll PM you about it Mike.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
glad you got that fixed.
[/SIZE]
Traxxas_Junkee Wrote:a fail safe is easy to put on, you just plug that into the reciver and then the throttle servo into the failsafe.

Ive seen a lot of trucks with failsafes still have runaway's. Best way to prevent your truck from having one is a throttle return spring, fully charged battery, and always checking to make sure your linkage doesnt bind in any way. If its completly smooth and your using a throttle return spring your chances of having a run away are very slim.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
I am getting the failsafe and a throttle return spring just to be sure though.
My R/C's:

Visit my site
Mike runs a stock AM radio that a good microwave oven will glitch from a block away. A failsafe will stop that noise on the spot.

Mike, forget the $5...it's yours FREE. If it doesn't work or causes you any problems, take it out and give it back. If it EVER saves your truck, give me $5.

How fair is that?!
how would I know if it saved the truck(meaning what are some signs of it kicking in), because I want to know when it happens, if it does so I can pay you the $5 then.

Also thanks a bunch Dave
My R/C's:

Visit my site
It depends how you set it. Mine are set to apply full brakes. You know when that happens and you didn't do it.

It also activates if the rx pack voltage drops too low.

A throttle return spring can't apply the brakes......
ok cool, then if that ever happens, $5 will be coming your way.
My R/C's:

Visit my site
Then we have a deal!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
fail safe doesnt always work either. Throttle return spring always closes the carb when the servo doesnt work.
which again is why I will have the failsafe, and will get the throttle return spring tomorrow at Al's.
My R/C's:

Visit my site
well good luck with the fail safe. Everyone i know who used to have one has thrown theres away. Not trying to start a war, just giving you some info from my 5 years of experience. I honestly dont know a single person that uses a failsafe anymore.
I use one and it has saved me so much.

but w/e
[/SIZE]
I would suggest to set the fail safe NEUTRAL.

This way if you did forget to turn off the RX side---it will not burn out the servos.

I set mine neutral and I have no issues if I accidentaly turn of my radio.
The truck doesn't run balls out on the bench or anything it will just idle.

Just my 2 cents on the failsafe
Life is like Beavers, One Damn thing after another- Unknown
If your not breakin parts your not going fast enough-Biodragen

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Losi 8T, JR8611a ST servo, Futaba 9350 Th\Brk Servo, RB-C6BB Motor and Novarossi 528XR.
why not just get a throttle return spring biodragen? Same thing. Fail safe is made to set the brakes when the frequency gets messed with. Return spring will set the car to nuetral.
that is another reason I need the failsafe, since I live right next to 355, sometimes I pick up cb radio frequencies.
My R/C's:

Visit my site

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rc Monster truck racing April 2nd Jetboat 4 4,656 03-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Jetboat
  Race for Free with Your Truck - Chicago chicagokenji 5 2,943 02-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  getting a truck to race karlracing 62 9,023 12-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Truck Nats Czech-it-Out Graphics 20 3,746 08-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Last Post: allan42r
  What was your first R/C car/truck? bigdangerous 39 7,441 05-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Last Post: mikeh
  im new here!! my truck! SaVaGe_DuDe 36 4,704 04-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee
  Thundertech's new truck Jeepguy 2 1,152 01-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  1/10 truck tire venting rcrunr1 14 3,201 01-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Last Post: rcrunr1
  Truck or buggy? JES TCB 3 1,134 11-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Last Post: chris arnold
  Debate: Best start-up car/truck for first timers. Casketman 50 5,681 11-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty