Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was your first R/C car/truck?
My first was a Hi Rider Corvette that I still own. Big Grin
Mr. Tune Wrote:Deruinked psosting is fun guys! Please don't follow me exwsample, I'm a bda influende.
:joy:
Traxxas Sledgehammer. Still own it.
Check out those tiny little tires.
Two wheel drive.
That's what passed for a Monster Truck
back in 1989.

[Image: Sledge.jpg]

TRC
My first r/c truck was a Kyosho Big Brute. That thing was put threw some of the worst abuse! Little suspension travel and bouncy tires, it was great.
My first was a Nikko Buggy, just an el'cheapo but its what my parents could afford and I loved it. I took it apart for some reason and lost everything. T-maxx was my second, almost 20 years later.
The savage was my first Smile.
First ever, or First REAL R/C????

First ever was some cheapo Tyco POS, but at the time it was fun... Kept chasing the dog.

First REAL r/c was the T-Maxx, used, but still ran good....
<----- Savage 25
My first real R/C was my Emaxx.
Team Associated RC10GT
tamiya frog in like 1989 or so. then I got a clod but I could not afford to keep it running. then fell out of the hobby because I was young and I could not get my parents to drive me to the hobby shop! the 2nd comming 1st Rc car was then an RC10 GT in around 1994 and its was all downhill from there like 20 RC's later here I am.
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
first real rc was nitro stampede. Gave that thing hell and 2 week later i had a new one lol jk. After that 2 t-maxxs (first and 2nd gen), and now revo. Still got 3 outa 3
my first "ok" car was a Nikko in 1990. it was running a rs380 motor. It had the little turbo switch on the remote.

next was a kyosho Raider in 1994. Got it at a garage sale for $25 RTR.

Then I got my Traxxas Bandit in 1997. Beat that to hell.

Then I got another Bandit in 2002, Pede there after and My current Maxx at the end of 2002.

Newguy, didn't you have a Rustler before you got the maxx? A rustler is a "real rc" in my eyes anyway.
E-Maxx.
my first was a tyco buggy that i drove through a puddle and it died, then for "Real ones" was a tamyia Bush Devil (still have it...kinda). then my 1st gen maxx.
Ofna 9.5.. RB Concepts WS7 II -For Sale
Ofna 9.5 Roller - For Sale
Savage...ALL ALUM, bran new Mach427 -For Sale
message me, im, or email if intersted open to just about all offers.
My first kit r/c was a Kyosho buggy called the Raider Pro (still have it). But befor that i had countless Radio shack and tyco r/c's
my first one was an e-rustler. then i bought the mutt. and told my self i wasnt going to change anything and i wasnt going to get another one. Rolleyes

that didnt last to long Big Grin
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
My mistake, I had the Rustler for such a short time, I forgot about it.... That was my first "Real" R/C, then thanks to Tex, one week after meeting the group, I had a T-Maxx. Shortly after that, the Savage. Now the Maxx is leaving, and the LST is going to be the next. Will it be the last?

DOUBT IT!!!!! lol
I know it!
Since I'm new I round here I add to this. Actual first r/c was a tyco (i think) R/C Bigfoot is was in 85 and was one of those cars the controller that one button does all..pretty weak, but to 8 year old at the time it was cool. But my real R/C was a RC10 Buggy pre stealth tranny(in 1990). Bought of my neighbor for 30 bucks no electrics till 94 (I don't now why I never asked my folks to help me get it running) but by then I got a RC10T Team Truck (complete with elecltronics)for Christmas. I gave the RC10 buggy to my brother and my fols hoooked him up will all the electronics, he broke it in a day and got a Kyosho Pro-X SST, which he still has and runs like a champ.
Associated RC18T-stock
Traxxas E-Maxx-stock
Bandit R/C Racing Team
Spektrum DSM DX-3 System
Whether if your into bashing or into racing, R/C is still an obsession

Go Sox!!!!!
Does the Fisher-Price baby toy remote car count?

When I was 7 I had a cool red Jaguar XKE. It was about 12 long and it was corded control to a box that held a lantern battery. Had fwd-rev and full L-R steering, not proportional. The wire was maybe 6 or 8 feet long, but it was the coolest thing I ever got. Don't remember what happened to it.

Had the ususal Nikko, Tyco, Radio Shack stuff. My son still has a semi-decent Radio Shack Deceiver that moves pretty well on a 9.6 volt battery. Then the Xmods came. Then the RS4's, then the Revo, then the MiniT.

What's next? We'll see!
My Dad bought me a Tamiya Blackfoot in 1986 for Christmas, when I was 13. He probably bought it from stanton. I had it for about a year then I wrecked it when I lost control of it on my street and it got ran over by a minivan. I didn't have any money to fix it so I just tossed it in the basement. I think my mom threw it out after I moved outta the house. Now my son and I own a used beater RC10GT.
I was a "part owner" of a T-maxx but my first was a Factory Team RC10GT. I now have a GS Storm.
Heres a pic of the OL' Blackfoot.

Attached Files
.jpg   tamblackfoot2.jpg (Size: 40.52 KB / Downloads: 14)
I had a Tamiya Hornet w/ Blackfoot tires and a Kyosho Optima (4wd) back in like 1986-1987?

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
I had a hornet, but I kept messing up the gears and was too young to keep buying new ones.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rc Monster truck racing April 2nd Jetboat 4 4,642 03-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Jetboat
  Race for Free with Your Truck - Chicago chicagokenji 5 2,934 02-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  getting a truck to race karlracing 62 8,971 12-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Truck Nats Czech-it-Out Graphics 20 3,731 08-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Last Post: allan42r
  im new here!! my truck! SaVaGe_DuDe 36 4,684 04-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee
  Thundertech's new truck Jeepguy 2 1,141 01-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  1/10 truck tire venting rcrunr1 14 3,194 01-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Last Post: rcrunr1
  Truck or buggy? JES TCB 3 1,129 11-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Last Post: chris arnold
  Debate: Best start-up car/truck for first timers. Casketman 50 5,651 11-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  Mugen MBX5T 2006 National 1/8th Truck Champ! MaxxGS 24 2,828 09-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Tex