Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Basher
I am toying with the idea of focusing on one class at a time to race and just having another vehicle just for bashing. What would be a good all around choice for speed, strength, and price of replacement parts?? Let the comments begin...
Duh, another Revo.....or Savage.
Is a MT the answer?? I think a buggy will be stronger but I know it doesn't have the ground clearance of a MT which would hinder it at some bashes... (And I think I would go for something other than a revo... I can't see owning 2 of the same vehicle...)
get a maxx and deck it out with RPM stuff like mine, i havnt broken anything besides bulkheads since ive had it.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
No buggy...Savage, MGT, TNX, LST, ohhhh LST!!!

Buy Matt's LSP and bash it.
Freez from MVBashers has an LST2 and from the videos, its very durable.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
LST is toooo pricey. I was going to check out the LSP at the track and get an answer to him but it doesn't sound like he will be there now... I guess if I did get that and I ever wanted to race UMT instead of SMT I could turn the revo into the basher... hmmmmm
THe only thing is that for now I will need to keep swapping motor, electronics... everything. That can be a pain.
for bashing i would say savage or mgt. im working on breaking in my new sut. i hear they are very beatable.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
??? deck it out so they are both running.....
Dan JATO. they bash great. Fly very high and far.
What's the going rate for a used Jato?? And I'm guessing replacement parts are about the same as a revo price wise...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-Jato-Rtr-Com...dZViewItem

Doesnt look like your going to get one for much under 300, I had a rustler and that was a great truck too. Those are about 300 new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-Nitro-Rustle...dZViewItem
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
What about a UMT for bashing??? I have one here..............Confusedmash:
For a basher, go pick up a used savage in good condition. Easy parts availability. There's lots of them out there, so getting great price on one with tons of extra parts shouldn't be hard at all.
If you decide on a Jato, Traxxas' Market Place forum usually has a lot of them on there. I don't know the prices because I never look at them.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
I just sold the ultimate basher!!

You could go Savage....I just happen to have one in stockBig Grin

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
Dan stick to racing bro, use ur truck to bash and race etc...I think u will get more out of racing in the long run
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Dan go with a savage for bashing! I know revo guys don't wanna hear this but they are a lot more durable in the air and parts are relatively cheap!

Or a buggy and beat the crap out of it!!!! (ofna 9.5's work well for this)
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
If your an adrenaline junkee like me then racing is for you! spend your cash on MORE RACING... (good idea Mike!)

My adrenaline used to pump during bashing, then I found racing and I had no idea it would be that intense. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about Dan.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I know EXACTLY what you mean... I never thought I would get any rush from racing. I was dead wrong... That is why I would like to get something cheaper to bash rather than my race truck...
Racing just isn't as convenient as bashing at the park. But I always win when I bash!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
it's worth every bit of inconvenience to go race IMO
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
You and my wife do not share the same opinion.

And you live closer to the track than I do.
Racing is a lot of fun but it is still cool to take the truck out around the house sometimes or to a close park. Racing is an ALL DAY thing though...

anyway... is the consensus pretty much to get another MT if I want just a basher??

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What truggy as a basher? motoxer4life 198 26,814 07-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Building a new Savage basher. mikeh 20 3,115 02-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Basher revo w/NE BB Kit and OS 21 RG olds97_lss 3 1,073 12-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Last Post: olds97_lss
  What is a good cheap buggy TmaxxCrap 34 4,901 09-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  cheap upgrades north_shore_racer 7 1,954 11-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Last Post: north_shore_racer