Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hotbodies Lighting PRO stadium truck
Hey guys, I was looking very seriously at one of these truggies, i think i want to pick one up to race it against the onslought of gs storms that seem to be flooding every race track. I was curious if any of you have seen, run or heard anything at all about these truggies. All the r/c mags have loved it with only saying it lacks top end ( i have an sh .28 that can cure that) Hotbodies upgrades for the savage suck big donkey b*lls so thats why im hesitant to buy a vehicle manufactuerd by them. So far its supposed to be tough as nails but let me know whatcha think
From what I have read, it looks like an extremely nice stadium truck to have. There are only 2 complains from RC Driver review. They were thicker shock ends and firmer form tire inserts. Other than these, the writer only had praises for this 1/8 stadium truck. He didn't complain about the top speed, rather he said that it was fast from the .26 engine. So, I would say go for it if you have the $$$. Do you know what the differences are between Pro and RR?
get the pro (well worth it) and I have heard nothing but good things about this beast on http://www.unlimitedengineering.com. Some of the guys on the forums there run it and say it's a very capable racer (against the best of 'em)
Roc....this is what you want to hear so this is what I'm telling you.....just buy it! you know you want to anyway, so just find the best deal and get it!
I cant find any images of this truck. All I am finding is a 1/8 scale Buggy.
Geee... Thanks john. To everyone else thanks for your opinions!!! I think ive got a deal on the pro for less than $525!!!!
Where did you find it for $525?
lol, these r/c monster trucks sure do look like big stadium trucks.
Mr. Tune Wrote:Deruinked psosting is fun guys! Please don't follow me exwsample, I'm a bda influende.
:joy:
yeah for racing the HB lightning is a serious truck. I've heard several really fast 1/8 buggy guys pulling faster times with the HB truggy than with their 1/8 buggy on rough tracks! I have heard of issues with the CVD's bearking and turnbuckles being on the weka side on them as well as the engines not being all that powerfull.
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
Hello All,

Rocco, I would stay away from Hot Bodies, they have very poor product support. Does your local hobby shop carry parts for it? Are there many parts listed on ebay. It is always tough being the first kid on the block with a new toy, because if something breaks, it sits on a shelf for a while. Buy a Storm Pro kit for $450.00 since you already have a radio and motor.
Point well taken george, do you know anybody with a sut for sale?
No, but I will ask around
I say go for the Hot bodies myself. Why be like the other people in your club, be different. You always have the Savage to run if the HB lightning stadium gets broken
I dont know, I have always had my eye on the SUT Pro when I had the old SM setup. Now that I have the hybrid, they are just too similar to get one now.
I dont know what i wanna do now...
get the HB truck.

I actually hate Hot Bodies but this truck looks awesome, plus I've heard good things about them on the track. Alot of people from the UE forum race this truck and say it's killer.
DirtDawg'sRC is right on the parts availibility. everyone is waiting for parts. Its actually soo bad righ now I've read a couple posts where guys were buying complete extra trucks just for parts.
-- John --
what are they breaking??????
CVD's, turnbuckles, heard of a couple broken front pin holders and the ocasional arm.
-- John --
I dont know how you break an aluminum arm. I mean if they were bashing the truck i could maybe see bending one but i find the track is a lil more forgiving on a vehicle
The guy on Savage central races one and he keeps having problems with the hot bodies cvd's.. I guess Hb can't figure ot how to build a strong cvd, because their savage ones are CRAP
the Pro's have Al arms.. the regular ones have plastic arms. they just released the heavy Pro version within the past couple weeks. the regular ones have been out for the past couple months though.
-- John --
I went with the masses..... A good buddy of mine hooked me up with deal on a roller S.U.T. I put my SH .28 in it and its insane!!!!! Serious tire balloning with 30k in the front and 50k in the center. I just picked up about 150 bucks woth of stuff for it. I hope to race it nov. 20th. at leisure hr.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rc Monster truck racing April 2nd Jetboat 4 4,642 03-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Jetboat
  Race for Free with Your Truck - Chicago chicagokenji 5 2,934 02-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  getting a truck to race karlracing 62 8,973 12-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Truck Nats Czech-it-Out Graphics 20 3,731 08-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Last Post: allan42r
  What was your first R/C car/truck? bigdangerous 39 7,431 05-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Last Post: mikeh
  im new here!! my truck! SaVaGe_DuDe 36 4,685 04-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee
  Thundertech's new truck Jeepguy 2 1,141 01-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  1/10 truck tire venting rcrunr1 14 3,194 01-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Last Post: rcrunr1
  Truck or buggy? JES TCB 3 1,129 11-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Last Post: chris arnold
  Debate: Best start-up car/truck for first timers. Casketman 50 5,651 11-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty