Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacement Antennas?
Hi, I have the JR RS300 and i ripped the antenna off today in a roll on the street, i solder it back together but I had to cut off a significant part of it where the rubber was still good, it is back working but it is about 4 inches shorter than it was, is there somewhere to buy them from or do I have to go thru JR?
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
I wouldn't worry about 4 inches, but that's me.
O.K. but it doesnt even stick out of the top of the straw, is that O.K. I just dont want to have a run away.

Sounds like there might be extra antenna wire inside the radio box?
no, i had to tuck the extra in because where i soldered it, it wont fit in the straw, its in a tmaxx so i have the extra stuck up into the box.

you can buy new antenna wire for $1.50 at LH
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I sent mine to "JR" Horizon Hobbies and they installed a new antenna, tested it and
shipped it back to me all for $8.00. Took about 4 days to get it back from the time I shipped it to them to the time I got it back.

Supermaxx Predator Lite Race Maxx
Supermaxx Thunder Big-Block Race Truck
GS Storm SUT CE Native Racing Truck
Mugen MBX5T
Mugen MBX5R
if the antenna rips directly off the board in the RX, I would have an experienced solder(er) fix it. If it was cut outside of the base I would just resolder it myself.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
From what I know---you shouldn't solder that wire if you break it at that spot---if it breaks it breaks and if it gets short it is short. You could end up with glitching and bad reception.

Really you can order it and put in in yourself---real easy to do.
Life is like Beavers, One Damn thing after another- Unknown
If your not breakin parts your not going fast enough-Biodragen

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Losi 8T, JR8611a ST servo, Futaba 9350 Th\Brk Servo, RB-C6BB Motor and Novarossi 528XR.
I have resoldered my antennas 1-2" out of the base of the RX box for years without problem.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
yeah, but mine is about 4 inches shorter, i have 2 recivers, so i think im probally just going to send it in and have them put a whole new one on there, cuz i took it apart and it looks kinda tricky to get in there, and i cant solder for crap anyway. ill just take the one out of my 18t if i want to drive the tmaxx.

send it to me and I'll do it......
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Go to the track and walk around with it apart and say "Jeez I can't believe this !!! Can anybody help me out here?" Should be fixed in about a minute.
Tex, if I do send it to you, what would you do would you solder inside or just put it on the outside, cuz I can just do it on the outside. I guess i could cut some off near the reciver and then just buy a new one and put it on the little stub.

outside.... That's how I fix all of mine.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
ok, then I'll ill prolly just save you the trouble and I can do that, but thanx anyway! Smile

dude just send it in and have it done by an "expert" I have read somewhere that the antennas are set up to be a certain lenght. Nothing against u Tex, Im sure u have done it, and know what ur doing, but I would hate to see someone have stupid glitching and not know what it could be from. take the 4 days turnaround and let them set it and test it. just my $.02
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:dude just send it in and have it done by an "expert" I have read somewhere that the antennas are set up to be a certain lenght. Nothing against u Tex, Im sure u have done it, and know what ur doing, but I would hate to see someone have stupid glitching and not know what it could be from. take the 4 days turnaround and let them set it and test it. just my $.02

+1 if you cut your anttena or its ripped or whatever it can effect how much range you get on them.
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
I've heard the same thing about the antennas being certain lengths, and I'm definitely not an expert..lol
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
ok, Horizon is just in champagne right?

I believe you are correct.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Go to the track and walk around with it apart and say "Jeez I can't believe this !!! Can anybody help me out here?" Should be fixed in about a minute.

LOL but it's true.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
yeah, thats the good thing about this crowd and these kind of people, some one is always willing to help. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  savage x engine replacement dirtguy90 16 2,372 03-31-2006, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Eracer76
  Replacement motors DO-U-MAXX 16 4,444 07-20-2004, 01:45 PM
Last Post: DO-U-MAXX