ChitownRC
Replacement Antennas? - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Replacement Antennas? (/thread-2526.html)

Replacement Antennas? - Traxxas_Junkee - 02-07-2006

Hi, I have the JR RS300 and i ripped the antenna off today in a roll on the street, i solder it back together but I had to cut off a significant part of it where the rubber was still good, it is back working but it is about 4 inches shorter than it was, is there somewhere to buy them from or do I have to go thru JR?

Replacement Antennas? - Mr. Tune - 02-07-2006

I wouldn't worry about 4 inches, but that's me.

O.K. but it doesnt even stick out of the top of the straw, is that O.K. I just dont want to have a run away.

Replacement Antennas? - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 02-07-2006

Sounds like there might be extra antenna wire inside the radio box?

no, i had to tuck the extra in because where i soldered it, it wont fit in the straw, its in a tmaxx so i have the extra stuck up into the box.

Replacement Antennas? - Tex - 02-07-2006

you can buy new antenna wire for $1.50 at LH

Replacement Antennas? - MaxxGS - 02-08-2006

I sent mine to "JR" Horizon Hobbies and they installed a new antenna, tested it and
shipped it back to me all for $8.00. Took about 4 days to get it back from the time I shipped it to them to the time I got it back.

Replacement Antennas? - Tex - 02-08-2006

if the antenna rips directly off the board in the RX, I would have an experienced solder(er) fix it. If it was cut outside of the base I would just resolder it myself.

Replacement Antennas? - Biodragen - 02-08-2006

From what I know---you shouldn't solder that wire if you break it at that spot---if it breaks it breaks and if it gets short it is short. You could end up with glitching and bad reception.

Really you can order it and put in in yourself---real easy to do.

I have resoldered my antennas 1-2" out of the base of the RX box for years without problem.

Replacement Antennas? - Traxxas_Junkee - 02-08-2006

yeah, but mine is about 4 inches shorter, i have 2 recivers, so i think im probally just going to send it in and have them put a whole new one on there, cuz i took it apart and it looks kinda tricky to get in there, and i cant solder for crap anyway. ill just take the one out of my 18t if i want to drive the tmaxx.

send it to me and I'll do it......

Replacement Antennas? - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 02-08-2006

Go to the track and walk around with it apart and say "Jeez I can't believe this !!! Can anybody help me out here?" Should be fixed in about a minute.

Tex, if I do send it to you, what would you do would you solder inside or just put it on the outside, cuz I can just do it on the outside. I guess i could cut some off near the reciver and then just buy a new one and put it on the little stub.

outside.... That's how I fix all of mine.

ok, then I'll ill prolly just save you the trouble and I can do that, but thanx anyway! Smile

Replacement Antennas? - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 02-08-2006

dude just send it in and have it done by an "expert" I have read somewhere that the antennas are set up to be a certain lenght. Nothing against u Tex, Im sure u have done it, and know what ur doing, but I would hate to see someone have stupid glitching and not know what it could be from. take the 4 days turnaround and let them set it and test it. just my $.02

Replacement Antennas? - kevinF - 02-08-2006

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:dude just send it in and have it done by an "expert" I have read somewhere that the antennas are set up to be a certain lenght. Nothing against u Tex, Im sure u have done it, and know what ur doing, but I would hate to see someone have stupid glitching and not know what it could be from. take the 4 days turnaround and let them set it and test it. just my $.02

+1 if you cut your anttena or its ripped or whatever it can effect how much range you get on them.

I've heard the same thing about the antennas being certain lengths, and I'm definitely not an expert..lol

ok, Horizon is just in champagne right?

Replacement Antennas? - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 02-08-2006

I believe you are correct.

Replacement Antennas? - UE-Maxx - 02-08-2006

DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Go to the track and walk around with it apart and say "Jeez I can't believe this !!! Can anybody help me out here?" Should be fixed in about a minute.

LOL but it's true.

yeah, thats the good thing about this crowd and these kind of people, some one is always willing to help. Smile