Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race For The Cure
1254 of 1262 by Joe Torres (hagasan) on Mon Jan 23 17:54:31 2006:

NEWS Flash!!!!

Talked to Bernie today, He said a 2 day just isnt gonna do it. Sorry to
all of you that wanted it. He said a 3-day would be better!!!!!
Friday=Practice
sat=quals
Sunday=Racing.

This race is on and is in the works right now. It will happen. It will
be an Indoor event. The date is set; 21,22,23 of April. I will have all
the details later this week in regards to how many entriess and entry
fees. Throphys for classes, Food, and door prizes. I hope everyone can
make it. I also will need to see about the cut-off of entries.

I am proud to say that we have some sponsors of this event already and
more are getting involved, even some non RC related companies.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
sorry stupid question but what are you talkin about? Rolleyes
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
Joe T with the help of George Rocco and John are gonna hold a charity race in April.
OIC thanks.
[/SIZE]
well how much will each day cost?

thanks, traxxas thrasher
[/SIZE]
I may as well check into a motel room in Joliet Big Grin
Thats what a lot of people would be better off doing. LOL

traxxas thrasher, that wasn't a stupid question. I wanted to know the same thing. What charity is it going to?
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
RCDad Wrote:I may as well check into a motel room in Joliet Big Grin

lol, u better check around there are some pretty junky ones. There are a few by me that r nice but they are pretty from the track.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
traxxas thrasher Wrote:sorry stupid question but what are you talkin about? Rolleyes

Were talkin about a race that will benifit the American Diabetes Association
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Thanks rocco. I think it is a good idea to do different charity events. Look at motorcycles. When they say its for a specific thing tons of people show up to ride.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
Sounds like it would be a good time.
Balt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see you there!!!
Will late April be indoors or outdoors?
cemeb4dk Wrote:1254 of 1262 by Joe Torres (hagasan) on Mon Jan 23 17:54:31 2006:

This race is on and is in the works right now. It will happen. It will
be an Indoor event.

Smile
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
.... Read the post!!! LOL!!!

Indoor!
For those that are not aware,

This race is a benefit race that Joe Torres has come up with, this race and all its proceeds will go to the Diabetes Assoc, to help find a cause. Bernie and the LH crew has stepped up Big Time!!! Joe, John, Rocco and I are hard at work to make this the EVENT TO BE AT!! We are hoping to have media coverage, magazine and local news. Hoping to get some big name guys out. Working on getting some nice door prizes....

The thing not to lose sight in as we work on this race and it gets closer, is that the races main goal is to raise money for a well needed cause. I am sure most of us know someone affected by this disease.

The tentative plan, is Friday practice, Saturday Qualifying and Sunday Mains. For those that have never been to a pro series race, this is how their race schedule is.

So please check back to this thread often as we will update it as info comes in.

If any of you are in a business that can offer any type of assistance as far as donations, or any other type of help. Please PM Joe, JOhn, Rocco or I.
George, can you send me a copy of a Flyer or something. When my son goes in for his Diabetes Check-up, I'll see if Childrens Memorial will put something up to try to raise donations.

[email protected]

Thanks
Chris thanks I will, as soon as we get one made up we are in the works for the flyer the dates just got confirmed today.... But as soon as we make one up, I'll shoot you one
Thanks. I think it would draw some good attention at Childrens Memorial, especially the Diabetes office that he goes to.
feel free to mention it to them, the dates are set, we just need to come up with a killer looking flyer
This is a really cool thing your doing here. I didnt think you guys had it in ya's. Not only is it for a good cause, but also exposing people to the sport/hobbie of RC. You guys must have big hearts pumping blood to those BIG HEADS. :wavey: Great Job Guys

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
ye definatly need some fliers. I am almost positive i can get a few non rc places by me to help sponsor in some way.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
AWESOME!!! I am definitely in and will help with anything that you guys may need. Since I work at Trader Joe's I will talk to my manager when my review comes up in a week to see if they would be up for some sort of a donation.

Now for the price... will it be one big package deal for all 3 days or will it be seperated?? Seperate would be kind of cool because if someone can't make it all 3 days they won't be any less inclined to make some sort of a doantion. However I can also see some plusses to doing it as one deal. Do you guys have a number of people to shoot for??

(I have a feeling pit space is going to be at a premium here...)

And Great Job guys!!
Quote:Now for the price... will it be one big package deal for all 3 days or will it be seperated?? Seperate would be kind of cool because if someone can't make it all 3 days they won't be any less inclined to make some sort of a doantion. However I can also see some plusses to doing it as one deal.

With it being a Charity Race, I think it would be fine for a set price for the whole weekend. It's not like the money is gong into anyones pocket, and it is for a good cause.
Some big name sponsors really stepping up for this event....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pictures from this weekend's checkpoint shootout race Mr. Tune 0 4,248 03-07-2009, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Mr. Tune
  2009 Presidential Trophy Race @ LH Mr. Tune 6 5,834 02-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  Pay day race bubbacola 132 20,843 04-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Last Post: goldberg
  First Trophy Race at the New Leisure Hours! January 14th! cemeb4dk 212 33,428 01-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Last Post: UE-Maxx
  2nd Annual Winter Race 2005 cemeb4dk 27 8,087 01-30-2005, 10:15 PM
Last Post: cemeb4dk