Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spektrum discussion
With all of the Spektrum talk and soon to be new owners, I guess we should have our own place for Spektrum questions. Let the Spektrum talk begin!
I love my Spektrum on my M8. I'm one of the people that Pre-Ordered it before it came out and got the very first batch. Other than the first run had software problems in the RX's I've had no problems with mine. Best RC radio Upgrade EVER.
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
Being as I'm a fairly new spektrum owner I'll chime in with this. I don't know why I didn't switch earlier!

As RC becomes more and more popular, the need for spektrum or similar will become greater and greater. People are no longer just bashing in front of their house with 1 or 2 others like in the old days. With sites like this, group get togethers are all the rage. Last year's final berwyn bash is a great example.

In racing news, the first 2 big practice days at leisure 85+ the first monday and 100+ the following monday were huge. I have never seen that many people there for practice.

The need for better anti-conflict radio equipment has never been more needed. House phones, wireless computer equipment, etc, have been using 2.4GHZ systems for a long time.

Isn't it time your RC benefit from this technology too?
I should be picking up mine today from my LHS. I'll let you know if I do and how everything goes.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
once I sell a few things and get money im buying the spektrum dx3
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
um this isnt a spektrum question i just dont want to make a whole new thread for a simple question. on my xxxt the radio that it came with was on 27.225AM so i was looking at my old Hornet and at the radio and the radio system was on 75.910 mhz i cant switch the 75.910 into the control that had the 27.225 right???
Gamer.
~Noto
Notochord, you need to switch radios and receivers.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
thats what i thought thanks for the quick reply
Gamer.
~Noto
for those considering Spektrum:

I noticed alot of you are looking into the DX3.

While this is a nice entry level choice for spektrum. If your budget allows, I would look into getting a higher end radio with Spektrum.

The reason I say this is the DX3 has limited adjustments and its based on an outdated xr radio platform. Especially those that are seriously considering getting into racing on a regular or more serious level. The higher end radios have a bunch more features and adjustments, that you may not use now but may in the future. So instead of paying 200+ on an out dated radio and you outgrow it in 6 months then sell it for nothing and then go buy a whole new radio system.

I understand budget is sometimes an issue just something for you guys to think about. Since the m11 came out you can usually get a great deal on a used m8 with spektrum for around 150-200 bucks. IN my opinion that is a better option than a new DX3

Either way you guys will love spektrum. Good luck in either choice, and let me know if I can answer any ?????
I'd have to agree...for anyone considering that upgrade , your bettter off have too many features and growing into it than be stuck with something that will limit your potential. The M8 is a little overkill for bashing, but even still, once you use one you will wonder how you ever got along w/o it.

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
i love mine! i have 5 of my trucks on it. its nice not having to worry about channel conflicts.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
I got back from my LHS with my new DX3. I put the new servos in and then I tried to bind it. When I hold the Rx button and turn it on, the LED flashes green likes it is supposed to. When I try to do the same with the Tx nothing happens. I hold the trigger where I want the failsafe set at, hold the bind button on the Tx, and turn the power on. Nothing happens. Nothing even shows up on the screen on the Tx. Can someone help me out.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
sounds silly, batteries?????
i love mine! i cant belive the relief i had at the opening day at LH. i use to think that the synthesized radios was great untill i raced at bigger events and had to change the frequncy all the time, then it got to be a hassel.

and speeking of spectrum how many of you know about the new
TELEMITRY COMBO PACK
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Defau...ID=SPM1300

this is for nitro,and they have one for elec.

here is the article about all of the features
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/Artic...cleID=1536
Gary Wright
President
http://www.midwestnitro.com
"Keeping Racing Simple"
cemeb4dk Wrote:sounds silly, batteries?????

Confusedlap:

Yep it was batteries. I didn't know that you need to put 4 other batteries in the battery holder thing. Wasn't sure if it came out, but when I was waiting for someone to respond, I started to read the rest of the book and it said 8 "AA" batteries required. :blah:
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
lol, glad you got it figured out... I learned very quickly in this hobby, check the most obvious first sometimes
Do I need to center the new servos? If so can someone explain how to do it? I read on some sites on how to do it, but didn't quite understand.

FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
to center a servo simply take the servo horn off, on the controller make sure your setting for steering and throttle are at 0 and then put the servo horns back on.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
easiest way:

1) make sure your radio settings at our their defaults
2) make sure no servo horns are connected to the servos
3) turn radio on
4) turn car on

Thats it
Ok thanks.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
cemeb4dk, are you saying the DX3 is not a good radio? You mentioned something about amount of adjustments, what does it lack compared to the XS3?
I am not sure compared to the xs3.

I am saying that if you are spending so much money, you will be better off spending a littl extra for a better radio. Not that I am a pro, but you dont see many running xs3 or Dx3 due to their slower gain and lack of adjustments. For instance the gain on my m11 is much more gain than my m8, and my m8 was 1000 x's better than when I had the xs3.
I just tried dearching horizon and spektrum, and I couldnt find out what functions the radio has, all I found is it has a 3 model memory. So someone that has it can answer better than I
I guess I'm only used to trim and dual rate adjustments, what else is there?
UE-Maxx Wrote:Do I need to center the new servos? If so can someone explain how to do it? I read on some sites on how to do it, but didn't quite understand.

Dude you're off the team.Comon you should know how to do this already.Confusedlap:lol....
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  general revo discussion Michowski 983 101,584 01-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  spektrum set up with jammin? mk3117 9 1,680 11-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Last Post: mk3117
  Spektrum Telementery Module Obsessive R/C 13 3,475 03-15-2006, 10:23 PM
Last Post: PoPRC
  anyone need some Ofna 9.5 parts? (discussion, not for sale) Tex 13 2,214 02-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Last Post: squirrel
  Spektrum Antenna mods... thenewguy821 1 875 01-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Last Post: RytM1
  General 1/10th scale truck discussion squirrel 19 2,604 01-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Last Post: PoPRC
  JR Z1 w/Spektrum Blown5.0 6 1,442 01-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Mr. Tune
  spektrum receiver problem RobH 13 2,474 01-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Last Post: MX_KEVIN
  spektrum? kevinF 11 1,733 01-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  M11 Spektrum MX_KEVIN 13 1,883 12-24-2005, 02:53 AM