Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuff or not to stuff? (crime fighter M/Ts)
I just got some Crime Fighter M/T's today and I also bought Racers Edge 2 stage foams, but before I glue them up, I want to get some peoples opinions.
Ive heard of people stuffing the whole foam into the tires and Ive heard of some trimming them to fit the tires better. I cant decide what to do.

I just hope the Racers Edge foams hold up better then the Trinity ones did in my Bowties, they dont feel to good anymore and two of them are noticeably heavier then the others.
Kyosho ST-R
O.S. EB Mod V-spec
O.S. T-2050 pipe
Airtronics 94359z servos

Kyosho SP2
O.S. V-spec
Mugen MSR-1005 pipe
Futaba 9350 & 9451 servos

Kyosho Inferno GT
SH .28
Yep, I did the same setup 3 months back. I trimmed the edges slightly and jammed 'em in there. The finished tire is firm!
Do IT!!!

mine are like new still!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
I did not trim mine, fit it all in there.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
Stuff'um in there. I dont trim mine....
yeah i didnt trim mine ethier and the HOOOOOOOOOOK
just push it all in and use a rubber band to help you glue them up
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
dentguy92 Wrote:just push it all in and use a rubber band to help you glue them up

If your mind is in the gutter like mine, that dont sound right at all
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
uuuuuuuummmmmm WHAT EVER

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
I trimmed my trinity foams and wish I didn't ....stuff the whole thing in there and massage it to fit correctly.

if you tires are heavier than others of the same setup you must have had dirt or water in the tires. I bet you have all kinds of dirt built up in there.

Heres how you remedy that....drill holes on the center of the tread pattern and plug up the holes on the backside of the rims. As the tires balloon the dirt will spray out.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Cool...thanks fpr the info guys. I just got done stuffing it all in, LOL

Tex Wrote:if you tires are heavier than others of the same setup you must have had dirt or water in the tires. I bet you have all kinds of dirt built up in there.

Heres how you remedy that....drill holes on the center of the tread pattern and plug up the holes on the backside of the rims. As the tires balloon the dirt will spray out.
I tried that idea a while ago and it still didnt work, they must be really dirty, it was the rear tires that did it the worst. Oh well Rolleyes

So what have you guys been doing with your new CF's, drilling holes in the tread and pluging the wheels holes?
Kyosho ST-R
O.S. EB Mod V-spec
O.S. T-2050 pipe
Airtronics 94359z servos

Kyosho SP2
O.S. V-spec
Mugen MSR-1005 pipe
Futaba 9350 & 9451 servos

Kyosho Inferno GT
SH .28
Eracer76 Wrote:So what have you guys been doing with your new CF's, drilling holes in the tread and pluging the wheels holes?

that's what i did
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
just run um E!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
i just used the stock wheel holes
I should clarify ( I must do this more often) I didn't trim the foams to make them narrower. I eased the edge by cutting an 1/8" chamfer on the inner edge to make it a tad easier to seat the bead. The rest of the foam is still full width (much wider than the tire was).
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:I should clarify ( I must do this more often) I didn't trim the foams to make them narrower. I eased the edge by cutting an 1/8" chamfer on the inner edge to make it a tad easier to seat the bead. The rest of the foam is still full width (much wider than the tire was).

+1. The ONLY reason to trim foams is to make it easier to seat the bead. If you dont you can end up actually glueing the foaf to the wheel. Just makes it a littl eeasier. Only trim inside edge a little.
This thread is over a year old. Why are you digging it up?
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
Didn't even notice!LOL It came up as a new post for some reason. Weird

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  selling a some RC stuff on ebay team3six 0 950 09-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Last Post: team3six
  8ight stuff motoxer4life 11 2,303 12-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Good Container to Haul R/C Stuff In? UE-Maxx 24 3,002 06-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Last Post: redzebra24
  2006 snow bird nationals site - good stuff DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 0 1,038 04-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Broken Stuff RCDad 4 1,373 07-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Notochord
  UE stuff DO-U-MAXX 56 9,887 09-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Last Post: DO-U-MAXX