Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Rules at Leisure Hours...
Firesprink and I were at the track for a little while tonight, and Bernie put a few new rules in effect, which really seemed to make a BIG difference.

1. NO FUEL allowed in the track area (During practice times) -- This prevents the drivers from having a "Pit guy" to keep refueling them tank after tank. In addition to telling everyone this Rule, Everyone is also told that after they run a tank, they are to marshall.

I was surprised at how well this rule helped out. Tonight, we saw guys who I've NEVER seen marshall before taking their turns out on the track, doing their share.

2. Frequency clips are also going to be easier to cycle under the previous Rule. If people are only allowed to run one tank at a time, They can't Hog the clips. They also plan on trying to keep a better eye out for clips in the pit area.

3. NO SMOKING in the track area. Smoking is limited to the smoking pit room, or outside. Even as a smoker, I agree with this rule as well.

The added rules made for a much more enjoyable time at the track. Instead of only running a tank or two in 3-4 hours, We were actually open to run more often. There were a couple "Slow" times with the marshalls (only 1 or 2 on the track), but for the most part, there were usually a minimum of 4-5 people marshalling.

GREAT addition to the rules Bernie. Practice ran much smoother. :joy: :joy:
Awesome! And thanks for the quick action after that one really rough day. I knew you guys would handle it well....
thats good to hear...usally peaople hate rules but in this case its a good thing
looking for something new to buy.... like a lst2 or something let me know what u got..................
Thanks, good to hear that the track will be more enjoyable for all.
those rules dont sound too bad. i think the no fuel bottles was the best idea to help combat the clip hogging.
Those rules sound like the key to success for practice time...Good Job BernBot
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Good job guys.....
Cooler heads prevail, isn't that the saying? We look forward to practicing on the less chaotic track in the near future!!!
Yeah the fuel/marshall rule worked well
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
See as Benrie said ahile ago, and others did also. It is a work in progress, Bernie opened up before everything was 100% so we could scratch that Nitro itch.

The track is killer, lights are up on the pit tables, it is awesome...

Now if I can only get John to burn the cheese a little on my pIzza :flamer:
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
Keep a torch in your toolbox....
Seems like those rules will help a lot.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
Oh, thats a great rule!

I remember at the old track, I actually looked forward to stepping out on the track to marshall. It allowed me to have the much needed cigarette break; all while chipping in. The new smoking rules are fine with me. Now we can smoke in the pit area!

Not to get off topic here: What are the roll up shutters on the viewing window for? Fire code? Another thing, I can't remember but was that glass bulletproof?
You can smoke on the track as long as it's nitro blue smoke Smile

Cigarette smoke didn't bother me when I was in the track area, compared to nitro fumes it was minimal.

Now when you opened the door to the smokers pit room, that was nasty! Cheech and Chong type clouds! That room needs a major exhaust fan! Glad I quit....and glad they are all in there....
I don't know how the old track was if they had a seperate pit room for smokers or not, but I am glad they do. I can't stand smoke. I get a really bad headache.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
not to mention CANCER
Marshalling on the old track was hazardous from what I remember, the 1/8th scales would fly off that one big jump and you better watch where your standing.
Last I heared, the main reason they stopped allowing smoking in the track area was because people never used the ash tray. Bernie hated picking up the butts off the track when I came time to maintenance and what not. I agree 100% with this decision.
Is bernie the guy who collected the money at the old track?
RCDad Wrote:Is bernie the guy who collected the money at the old track?

Most of the time, yes Smile.
it was so much better!! i ran 1 tank in each truck on monday and last night i got about 2 in the jato and acout 5 in the revo. great work Bernie!!!
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
Stupid questions time......

How many drivers came out to practice last night?
How many ran at any given time?
How did that relate to how many marshalls came out after drivers ran?
How was the clip board situation?

Thanks
Not stupid questions... I want to know if it will be worth coming out during the week. Sounds like it will be a lot easier to run.
about 25-30
up to 10 trucks at once
almost everyone marshalled after running
limited conflicts
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
every time newguy went out to run his clip was there

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rules for IGT spec class bubbacola 4 2,396 06-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Last Post: bubbacola
  Leisure Hour Hobbies Helicopter Mondays! daven75 5 2,400 06-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Eddie F
  Leisure Hours Raceway schedule mikeL 6 3,045 06-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Last Post: kevinF
  OMG sucky Hours for Out Door Nitro Abusive 73 14,019 05-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Mr. Tune
  Leisure has New Forum? chicagokenji 1 1,751 05-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  Anyone racing at Leisure hours tonight? assocracer 1 1,719 01-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Last Post: moliver
  Banned From The Leisure Hours Site briyouu 6 2,647 09-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Last Post: briyouu
  back to leisure Koz's-Mugen 10 2,173 07-26-2006, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Koz's-Mugen
  summer hours squirrel 1 1,160 05-18-2006, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Ponch
  leisure hours hobbies......... kevinF 11 2,530 05-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4