Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EB Mods OS TZ and TM
I saw this on the UE board and thought I spread the news for anyone who didn't know already...

dewey73 Wrote:I just wanted to let you guy's know that Ed will be doing OS TZ and TM .18 engines for OS and should be available through Tower hobby and you local hobby shops by the end of the month.

Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: ebmods-osengines2.jpg]

[Image: ebmods-os-engines.jpg]

Cool Cool

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
Sweet !!!!!!!
Mass produced and over priced with the best mods saved for their sponsored racers. No thanks! http://www.tntmods.com
You ever run or own a EB Modded engine Bruce ?
He has to mass produce his product.... Simply cuz its the best and everybody wants it... So he has to make alot... Come on bruce.... This TNT vs. EB thing is about as old as the revo savage thing a few weeks back brotha
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Maybe we can get both of them to contribute an engine for dyno testing at this place: http://www.nitrodynesystems.com/ That's the only way to know the truth.

Weird, the Novarossi P5X has basically the same HP rating as an OS .18TZ (p) that I'm running.
Blow em through the same pipe and the dyno would be alot differnt... The 9853 is a LOW END pipe..... The px5 makes alot more power than that... Last month rc X had a bunch of pipe/engine combo tests
I'm just hoping that the tests will become standardized soon.
What are dyno tests going to prove, you still have to drive the truck around the track.

Look at Joe T last week was running a Novarossi 21BF which is their sport model, and he was fast as anyone and he won....

Sometimes a too powerful of an engine can hamper your driving skills.

Before anyone says it I know my 528 is too powerful, you just have to learn to finese it that is what I am working on...
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
IMO dyno testing rc engines is worthless. Theres so many factors that can alter every test its not even funny. There not like 1:1 car engines were there computer tuned and automatically adjust to weather changes. Even something as simple as a fly wheel will alter the results of a test. Best testing i can think of is on the track doing some head to head.
the 53 is a mid pipe

the 63 is the low end pipe

the 86 is the top end pipe
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
RC x said il was a low... Thats all i know
rocco, WHAT?
I will post some info when I get home about pipes and the differences. It's a Ofna write up but they copied RB/NR pipes so it should be the same.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Tex... Your right... The 63 is a super low pipe... I forgot about it... Sorry if i didnt make any sense Mich
Michowski Wrote:IMO dyno testing rc engines is worthless. Theres so many factors that can alter every test its not even funny. There not like 1:1 car engines were there computer tuned and automatically adjust to weather changes. Even something as simple as a fly wheel will alter the results of a test. Best testing i can think of is on the track doing some head to head.

Now I dont have nearly the experience you guys have cause I am new to this hobby. But I think the dyno can improve ones knowledge of any given engines possible powerband and people with experience can benefit greatly from it I'm sure, whereas the average basher might not. Considering that the majority of us will either not use this information or will not have a dyno done on our engines. I think what we will find is that with these new ONCAR measuring devices (nomadio, spektrum whatever..) become more prevalent and certainly more advanced and robust (with time) useful for ONTRACK tuning because the stress on the vehicle will be real stress allowing for greater tuning knowledge allowing for educated decisions on what to mod or not mod.
For instance I use a Dynanite .12SPD, I will not change engines until I have throughly discovered everything that can be done to maximize it's performance. I see so many threads that state, " I use this engine, is there a better one?" or guys switching engines like flipping a switch. I plan in the future to utilize a shop to mod a brand new dynamite and compare it to an unmodded brand new dynamite. Hopefully when I can afford to do this, these oncar measuring systems will be able to measure a great deal more than they do now allowing for accurate performance comparisons ( Heat, speed(at the flywheel and the wheels), voltage, g-force(weight transfer), mb suspension load etc.) coupled with weather conditions. Technology will get better and cheaper. Those who utilize it will better off than those who don't. Just my .02
satoch Wrote:Maybe we can get both of them to contribute an engine for dyno testing at this place: http://www.nitrodynesystems.com/ That's the only way to know the truth.

Weird, the Novarossi P5X has basically the same HP rating as an OS .18TZ (p) that I'm running.
Dyno testing two different engines on the same dyno will give an accurate comparison as long as there are certain control factors such as temp, humidity, etc.
Just because one engine makes more overall HP compaired to another, doesn't really mean much. It's all in where that power sits in the powerband and how long it stays there. An engine can make less horsepower but have a broad flat torque curve and kill a higher HP engine with a peaky curve or a narrow power band.

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
Bruce, you really need to get your story straight dude. Are you saying that TNTmods gave you a team only mod and nobody else can get it unless they are a team driver? Because thats what im getting in return from ya. I gotta say for a guy that just got a couple so-called sponsorship deals you have a big opinion on what gets out to the public. The way you keep bashing EBmods is a bash against Ed Bridges, that man works his ass off testing and testing to try to give his best to the ones that matter most, the consumer. He may test somethings with his drivers that nobody else can get, but it's because he is TESTING new things. The never endless drive for perfection from his product. Ed is a good friend of mine and yes I do drive for him, but I talk to him alot and he gives me and consumers the same information when they need it. He can tune over the phone and takes the time to talk to his customers when they need help with anything. He's a good man and a good friend. Ill Be damned if Im going to let someone bad mouth his products on a public forum when they have absolutily NO Idea what they are talking about. Nothing is free in this world and we pay for our motors just like everybody else, trust me. I have yet to hear of anyone bitch and complain about his motors and I havent heard anyone even run your brand and your bashing EB. Ed is doing the mods for Tower Hobbies as they are an importer for OS engines, an OS rep seen his motor run in a MT race and took that motor back to Japan to test it themselves. They were very happy with there results and contacted Tower, inreturn Tower contacted ED Bridges. Ed said he would do it. The first run will be limited to 100 motors (think about how much work that is) and then Tower will see how well they sell and take it from there. As of right now this are limited edition and only Tower will sell them, EB will not be selling them (not even to me), only modifying them. As for being over priced, I just seen an ad in RC Driver (Ed used to write for them in the engine testing column), TNT is asking $107 for there mods, EB asks for $110. TNT and RBmods are Dremel work (its a fact) and EB and Hotmods are machined (fact). Its your money, spend it as you please, just spend it wisely on proven products.
Steven Bess from XRC does very good dyno testing on motors and pipes. His tests are very thorough and he breaks everything down perfectly. For the first time we can see exactly what a motor performs at. This is very important information in choosing the right type of motor. EB dyno tests all his motors and makes changes in order to get the type of delivery that isnt too explosive and gets the power to the ground. This is good information Mitch that can be used for that next engine purchase. very important to a consumer.
welp i think i know what my next engine will be. Thanks for the write up hagasan. I enjoyed reading about ed's work. Now if i could only get one cheaper like somebody who is sponsored Wink. jk
satoch Wrote:Maybe we can get both of them to contribute an engine for dyno testing at this place: http://www.nitrodynesystems.com/ That's the only way to know the truth.

You will find with dyno testing the truth comes out. Those a manufacturer claimed horsepower ratings, not actual dyno numbers. NR rates there motor at like 2.85 something like that and when dynoed they are really producing like 1.2 HP. trust me, you aint gonna outrun one with a TZ.18.
Joe, please reread my post. Comprehend it. Then feel free to edit yours accordingly.
I can comprehend very well. No editing needed.
theres nothing to reread. All it is saying is eb mods is junk and are just overcharging people. Theres no facts to back any of this up, theres no proof, and as far as anyone knows you've never even owned an eb modded engine. Please tell what it is im supposed to reread besides you complaining about eb mods.
Good one Mitch. LOL Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too many mods @ once?! JTak77 12 2,043 01-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Tex
  Spektrum Antenna mods... thenewguy821 1 877 01-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Last Post: RytM1
  RC10 GT Mods??? GT RaCeR 4 2,174 10-23-2005, 01:12 AM
Last Post: Tex
  EB and RB mods???? rocco79 2 1,499 12-17-2004, 12:05 AM
Last Post: rocco79