Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CampMaxx '06- First Campout of the new year
Ok guys the first CampMaxx is set for April 7-9th '06. It is located at the show-me-RC track outside of St.Louis MO. If you've never been, then I suggest you go, IT'S A BLAST. I'll be there, as I've been the last 3 years. It's a campout/race that starts on Friday night around 5pm (4-7-06) and ends Sunday around 4-5pm (4-9-06). The drive is about 4hrs each way.

If you've never raced before or are a beginner then this will be awesome practice for you. It's very laid back race yet still competative and great fun. The track is very fast and free flowing yet still has some technicality to it. Usually about 10-20 people show up although I'm hoping I can get at least 10-15 chitownrc members to come down with me this time. That will put about 20-30 people there total. Not a huge turnout just a great bunch of guys to hang and race with.

There is facilities located on the camp grounds, campfires will be burning throughout, tents will be set up "bring your own" (or some people sleep in their cars), and the overall setup is very nice. There are pit tables all over the place for anyones use, electricity on almost every major tree, it's just a really accomidating place. Very nice and relaxing.

The classes raced are 1/8 scale buggy, standard MT, UMT, and 1/10 gas truck. Any electrics (unless there is enough for a class of 4) will usually run with the 1/10 gas trucks.
We practice on Friday, Saturday is heats, and Sunday is mains. Practice can be done during any off time. Between our "mischeif" we usually even run in the middle of the night under the lights as it's in the country on private property.

Ok now for the Camp/Race fees. It's a VERY reasonable $20 for the entire weekend, that includes camping and racing. You bring your own food/drinks and anything else you need to campout. Fire wood is included with the entry fees.
Anything you may want to go get is about 15 mins away, grocery stores, walmart, fast food, beer, smokes...whatever, 15 mins away. I usually bring whatever I need in a cooler and just run up to the store Sat or Sun if needed.

We need to set up car pools and start ironing out details for all the people that want to go. If any of you have any questions please ask. To all the people that have went before, please include anything I may have forgotten as far as details and such.

I really want to see a good 10-15 people come enjoy this weekend with me and if you do I guarrantee you will be hooked and go again. It's that much fun. Anyone of any age is invited. This will be an experience you will not forget for a long time!

I'll start the list of people who want to go (only sign up if you ARE going):

1. Tex
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Messages In This Thread
CampMaxx '06- First Campout of the new year - by Tex - 02-18-2006, 01:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CampMaxx 9 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tex 23 3,417 07-13-2005, 06:59 PM