Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do i get the bearing behind the flywheel out?
hey, got this off the os engine site, it's for planes, but same thory;

Remove carburetor from engine.
Remove rear cover and cylinder head.
Slide cylinder liner straight up.
Remove piston/connecting rod assembly from the crankshaft. Pay attention to the orientation. The assembly has a definite front and rear.
Remove prop nuts, prop washer, and drive washer from the front of the crankcase. Remove crankshaft by sliding it straight out of the back of the crankcase.
The crankcase must be heated to remove the ball bearings. You can heat the engine in an oven. Put the engine on a cookie sheet and place in an oven set to 250 degrees. When the engine has reached that temperature, hold the engine with an oven mitt and gently rap it against a piece of wood. The bearings should fall out.
Let the crankcase cool.
Clean the crankcase thoroughly.
Reheat the clean crankcase in the oven until it's hot.
Gently install the new bearings (not heated) by tapping them into place with a piece of dowel rod. Don't use a hammer or steel rod as a driver. The bearings will slip easily into place if they are inserted straight.
Let crankcase cool.
Reassemble the case in the reverse order of disassembly, and use plenty of oil when assembling the engine. Automatic transmission fluid makes an excellent assembly oil.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12

Messages In This Thread
how do i get the bearing behind the flywheel out? - by Ponch - 12-04-2005, 07:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how do i get 4-way bearing on yolks? maxx-breaker 4 1,333 09-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Last Post: maxx-breaker
  bearing troubles! squirrel 8 1,462 02-02-2006, 03:38 AM
Last Post: squirrel