Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liability Insurance
I may have a bash spot very near to the city of Chicago inside a church/cemetary. I had an initial meeting with the powers that be there this morning. I toured the grounds and we all exchanged phone numbers. I told them I would be stopping back to discuss bashing there for the future.

I'm sure the issue of liability for accidents and injury is going to come up. So I've just begun researching liability insurance for RC bashing. I haven't called any of my insurance guys yet but I thought I would ask here.

I'm wondering how a club like the Dirt Dawgs handles the legal aspect of liability? I just visited their website but it looks like they are on hiatus because the schedule and webpages is still set to 2005. I believe they have lots of people going to private property to race and bash and I was thinking they probably have some kind of insurance and that I might call whoever they use.

I looked into ROAR's insurance and it only covers actual races and practices during races.

Anyone else have any experience with bashing on private property and what to do about the legal aspects of it?

Any info is appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Liability Insurance - by chicagokenji - 02-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Liability Insurance - by PoPRC - 02-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Liability Insurance - by chicagokenji - 02-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Liability Insurance - by PoPRC - 02-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Liability Insurance - by north_shore_racer - 02-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Liability Insurance - by MX_KEVIN - 02-16-2006, 07:37 PM