Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a sleeve pinched, anyone know who does it quickly?
Well, I found the piston and sleeve for $70 shipped so I just ordered it. Though it would be about $150 but when I saw the piston/sleeve kit for $70 shipped I just bought it. I figure I can get my current sleeve pinched and then store it for safe keeping so I can swap it out when the new one gets worn out. I can replace bearings and seals at that time too.

It runs good but once it gets to a high RPM it just bogs out bad. Absolutely dies if keep on the throttle because the heat makes me loose all compression. Runs great so long as I'm not on the throttle for more than 5 or 6 seconds. Its not bogging on the top end because its too lean though. Steady stream of blue smoke out the exhaust at high speed and when I temp it its only about 200* to 210*

Got the full story from the seller. Turns out he's not the original owner, but rather bought it from a racer at the local track. So he really didn't know how much went through that motor or what care was put into it. Oh well. Good as new in a couple of days anyways.

Messages In This Thread
Need a sleeve pinched, anyone know who does it quickly? - by Thirdgen89GTA - 08-28-2006, 11:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how do you take out a piston and sleeve? rusty savage 9 2,106 05-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Last Post: PoPRC