The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
Cubs or Sox - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Open Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Cubs or Sox (/thread-3432.html)

Cubs or Sox - squirrel - 05-18-2006

FreeRideJunkie Wrote:It wasn't a quiz dumbass. LoL Big Grin

I know i was just answering the questions!!!

Cubs or Sox - FreeRideFrosty - 05-19-2006

I'm kind of dissapointed in the sox play these last 2 games. They drop 2 to a sub par team and now have fallen behind the tigers. Those tigers are playing some damn good ball this season. Great coaching in detroit....

Cubs or Sox - thenewguy821 - 05-19-2006

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:uh today was 9-0...get it right Smile we will see what happens in the subway series this year, I hope maddux makes thome look SICK...but with the sox amazing luck they will end up missing him, just like they misss the best pitchers in every series

Looks like the Sox DIDN'T get lucky enough to MISS Maddux... Actually, they didn't MISS much of what Maddux had to offer...

BTW, What's with the Cubs late decision to change the pitching lineup? Last week, Woods WAS scheduled to start 5-19, but they changed this week, and had him start the previous game. Wonder if they were a little worried that "Wonder boy" would get rocked agains the Sox, so they decided to let Maddux TRY to get them through it.

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:but with what u just said u have to credit the cubs with being in the best division in baseball

Just curious, since I don't know, How many WS titles have been won by the "Best division in Baseball"? I only ask, because I've been hearing that excuse since I can remember.

Cubs or Sox - thenewguy821 - 05-19-2006

The result of ONE of Maddux's pitches...

[Image: WOW.jpg]

Cubs or Sox - dirtguy90 - 05-19-2006

wow, what a game! we f*ckin tore maddux apart!

Cubs or Sox - FreeRideFrosty - 05-20-2006

If only it didn't take me 20 minutes at 3:30 in the morning to get on here I could support the sox. Ahem..... Maddux got rocked. That is all. 1-0 sox.

This is getting old.... fast.

Stupid slow glitching server..... I managed to post it 3 times. Rolleyes

Cubs or Sox - thenewguy821 - 05-20-2006

2 games down.

Cubs or Sox - dirtguy90 - 05-20-2006

what a fagget that cubs catcher is, what is he SMOKING??
after the game he said "aj mayed a hell of a play, so i hit him" wtf? why would you hit him if he made a great play?
i don't get it

but 2-0 sox Smile
and tadahito OWNED!! 6 ribbies w/ a grand slam and run hr

Cubs or Sox - maxximum_44 - 05-20-2006

I thought it was great!!!

And before anybody tries saying that AJ was wrong for plowing into the catcher, EVERY sportscaster (Even the Cubs Commentators) said that he was blocking the plate, and that AJ was completely right in his decision.

What I don't get, is the sportscasters saying that AJ might have said something to instigate it. He got up, went to go around the catcher, who grabbed him. THEN AJ said something.

Cheap hit, but Tadahito made it even...

[Image: Fight.jpg]

Baseball fans react as Chicago Cubs catcher Michael Barrett, left, and Chicago White Sox's Scott Podsednik (22) fight and White Sox's A.J. Pierzynski, right, looks on during the second inning Saturday, May 20, 2006, in Chicago. The fight started after Pierzynski barreled over Barrett to score. The White Sox won 7-0.

Cubs or Sox - firesprink281 - 05-20-2006

wow. that girl with the black shirt is hot!

Mad props to Podsednik. I was at work and just saw the video. He took him down!!! 7-0?!?!?! I can't wait until tomorrow!!!!

Cubs or Sox - dirtguy90 - 05-20-2006

i didn't know scotty could defend himself like that! he plowed the catcher over, despite the ump being behind him and trying to fight him off

all the cub fans i've heard from have said that aj took a cheap shot...it's great! not his fault dumbass cubs players can't get out of the way
and i liket he way aj rubs in that he scores by hitting the plate like that

Cubs or Sox - UE-Maxx - 05-20-2006

dirtguy90 Wrote:not his fault dumbass cubs players can't get out of the way

You are supposed to block the base path as long as the ball is coming to you. That is the risk you take to try and get the out.

And as EVERY sports announcer said, if the catcher is blocking the plate, the runner CAN run into him. It was a clean play, Barret couldn't control his temper.

You would think, as many catchers as Pete Rose took out in his day, catchers now would think twice about blocking the plate if they don't have the ball yet.

Cubs or Sox - squirrel - 05-21-2006

dirtguy90 Wrote:i didn't know scotty could defend himself like that! he plowed the catcher over, despite the ump being behind him and trying to fight him off

all the cub fans i've heard from have said that aj took a cheap shot...it's great! not his fault dumbass cubs players can't get out of the way
and i liket he way aj rubs in that he scores by hitting the plate like that

You need ridalin!!!!!! and I'm not kidding!!!

Yes Barret was wrong in what he did, can't argue that fact. But that man can throw one hell of a punch!

As for Barret being in the way, I can say I would have done the same thing. If your running home and I got the ball coming at me, you best belive I'll stand my ground.

"aj rubs in that he scores by hitting the plate like that"

^ as for that, I don't care what you think that is poor sportmanship!

Cubs or Sox - Traxxas_Junkee - 05-21-2006

slapping the base is bad sportsmanship? I think I would call sucker punching the player bad sportsmanship.

Traxxas_Junkee Wrote:slapping the base is bad sportsmanship? I think I would call sucker punching the player bad sportsmanship.

Don't misunderstand me! Barret punching him was bad sportsmanship!!! But so was what-the-F!@k is his name slapping the base.

Cubs or Sox - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 05-21-2006

Barret doesn't even see AJ slap the plate. As Aj goes to get his helmet, they come together abruptly, AJ stares him down and Barett tags him, POW, right in the kisser, pow, right in the kisser, pow, right in the kisser, pow, right in the kisser.

LOL @ dave!!!

Cubs or Sox - PoPRC - 05-22-2006

Ok, I was on vacation for the whole weekend, just got back. I take it the Cubs got smeared by the Sox 3-0?

Cubs or Sox - thenewguy821 - 05-22-2006

2-1 PopRC. Cubs got the win on Sunday.