The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+---- Forum: Leisure Hours Raceway (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-12.html)
+---- Thread: first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread (/thread-2021.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - RCDad - 01-05-2006

I've walked a ways away from the track to check servos. I'd say it would be pretty safe if you went outside, but I have not been there so...

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - cemeb4dk - 01-05-2006

No it would not be ok, to go outside the building to check your radio, these freq can work from a quite a distance. Plus I am pretty sure Bernie would not allow any radio on in the Parking lot, that is asking for trouble.

If you walked ways a way you could still have caused somebody to have radio probs, and that is not cool , alot of people have alot of $$ in their vehicles. So that is not a good practice

I suppose you should have all that checked out way ahead of time. I've always had my cars race ready the day before.

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - Michowski - 01-05-2006

all i gotta say is thank god for spektrum. just turn it on and go

I called Ultimate Hobbies today just to make sure my radio was on the way.

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - UE-Maxx - 01-05-2006

RCDad, are you talking about the spektrum with the two receivers for $209? I couldn't find it on their site. My LHS has the DX3 for $209, but with only one receiver.

It is not on their site, like the one guy said, you have to call them. If your lucky they may have a set left, I know the guy told me he only had a couple more.

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - Mr. Tune - 01-05-2006

ue-maxx, from some posts I read, you have to call to get that deal as it's not posted on their website.

I hope you can still get it UE Maxx

I think I am only going to get it with my LHS. I sort of want to make sure that it is in before the 14th.

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - thenewguy821 - 01-05-2006

If you can't get that, I have a JR XS3 with 4 rx's for sale.....

I seen that. I think I want to go with spektrum though.

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - Blown5.0 - 01-05-2006

Well, I ordered up my Spektrum setup tonight also. Yahooo! :joy:

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - RytM1 - 01-05-2006

Actually, if you guys want to get technical, a football field is 960 feet long........you's guys forgot the endzones. Big Grin

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - RytM1 - 01-05-2006

OK, seriously...there is another thread in the Genreal RC section about new rules at LH......

New Rules at Leisure Hours...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firesprink and I were at the track for a little while tonight, and Bernie put a few new rules in effect, which really seemed to make a BIG difference.

1. NO FUEL allowed in the track area (During practice times) -- This prevents the drivers from having a "Pit guy" to keep refueling them tank after tank. In addition to telling everyone this Rule, Everyone is also told that after they run a tank, they are to marshall.

I was surprised at how well this rule helped out. Tonight, we saw guys who I've NEVER seen marshall before taking their turns out on the track, doing their share.

2. Frequency clips are also going to be easier to cycle under the previous Rule. If people are only allowed to run one tank at a time, They can't Hog the clips. They also plan on trying to keep a better eye out for clips in the pit area.

3. NO SMOKING in the track area. Smoking is limited to the smoking pit room, or outside. Even as a smoker, I agree with this rule as well.

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - RCDad - 01-06-2006

Congrats to everyone who was able to buy the Spectrum system. I'll have mine for my visit to LHR on the 15th.

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - Blown5.0 - 01-06-2006

I think Spektrum's stock just went up a couple bucks from this thread alone...LOL.

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - slim - 01-06-2006

jack.. put the crack down lol you meany 360 didnt you? 100 yards * 3 feet per yard... 300

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - thenewguy821 - 01-06-2006

LMAO.... I made the same mistake on the football field length....

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - mikeL - 01-06-2006

You guys keep talking about ordering Spektrum. Has anyone called or talked to Scott at Leisure Hours about what kind of deal he can give. You might be surprisec.

mikeL

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - Biodragen - 01-06-2006

MY2CENTS

It has been my experience that with most hobby shops they don't give that much of a deal unless they get it from the maker.
FWIW this offer was only for a limited time.

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 01-06-2006

mikeL Wrote:You guys keep talking about ordering Spektrum. Has anyone called or talked to Scott at Leisure Hours about what kind of deal he can give. You might be surprisec.

mikeL

Perhaps an insightful business owner will have many on hand to sell the customers who will buy it from the local HS owner, out of loyalty, not based on price......you never know.....

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - mikeL - 01-06-2006

You guys must not have been to Leisure's hobby shop then. I know of one RTR package that had such a crappy radio that Scott was GIVING them a better radio in the deal. Just call him.

mikeL

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 01-06-2006

maybe this thread should be renamed lol anyone tried the spektrum telemetry system yet?

first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread - Tex - 01-06-2006

re-named!