Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first time at LHR/ Spektrum thread
Well I went to LHR For the first time.
I drove for 2 hrs for BS like this. :mad:
What a dissapointment with other drivers out there. Lots of selfish ppl. Sad

PPl were not taking FREQ clips like they should have and I watched some just walk into the pit area with them.
Hardly any marshalls out there or some just marshalling for certain rides.
PPl hogging the clips and running tank after tank after tank not giveing others a fair shot.
This gave me hell and a waste of my time today.
Inconciderate ppl when it comes to doing the right thing when turning on radios.
I did all sorts of stuff to eliminate any issue on my end. I came up clear.

This is the first time I have been to any track for race or practice that this was so caotic.
If you are not running or don't have a clip keep your friggin radio off. That so friggin hard to do?
Well I do not think so but others sure do find it hard. Geeze.
I dunno what it would be like for race days but practice days there are for the birds.

I finally get the chance with my buggy out there and going good until the back stretch and wham left turn and into the wall....the rest of the was was crapola to get it back. Even in the pit my buggy was going nuts.
With or without the engine running.

I will come back and try a race day and see how it goes then, but for practice days---my gas, my time, my rides are worth too much to me for and idiot.
Life is like Beavers, One Damn thing after another- Unknown
If your not breakin parts your not going fast enough-Biodragen

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Losi 8T, JR8611a ST servo, Futaba 9350 Th\Brk Servo, RB-C6BB Motor and Novarossi 528XR.
Sorry you had a bad day... But from the sound of what others have said there were alot of newbs there. Not everyone knowsthe rules. more experniced to to show others how too act . Dont give up on LH just because of one bad experince, all practice day are not that busy
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
I am with you on most of that. It was an absolute discrace of a day for the track. There were too many little rich kids with their parents money who thought they knew it all. It was an unorganized mess. (I feralt like I payed $8 to marshall most of the time. I was running my ass off and after the same vehicles as the driver went to the stand time and time again... I ran about 1 - 1.5 tanks MAX today.)I do think that it had a lot to with it being the last day before school starts for a lot of the younger drivers. The only thing I can think of is to maybe have something to sign with rules or something when people pay so that the newbs have at least some clue.... I will still go back and definitely race though
Ya dont let 1 day taint you. I think the regulars will need to step up and keep an eye on things a little better. If we see clips in the pit room, remove them and let the person know this is not allowed. If anyone see's a radio on without a clip, warn them, this is reason to be ejected.
Thank god for spektrum.
On another note...not to many young ones on race days and too many people watching for this kind of stuff...

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
the last couple [practice days i have been at were much better than this one. ya it was a little rough out there and there were alot of newbs, but usually its only about 30-40 guys that for the most part know how the whole thing goes
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
its tough to police 100 people I know it sucks when ur stuff gets ruined because of someone else's stupidity, but dont let that keep u away from one of the best tracks in the country

Yeah, I think it just was the day. I went last thurs/fri, and it was litearlly dead. Thursday was the least amnt of people, and friday had a few more. The only problem is still marshalls, but on a day where only a few are running, you don't really need that many. Try going back on a school night if you can, there'll be alot less people and you won't have to deal with me lol..
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
ya dude i remember thrusday ud go up on the stand and there would be like 5 cars on the track and u would most likely not even come close to any of them because of how big the track is lol

i would agree that today was a little crazy, but i had a fun time once again. i'm sure at night it will be less crowded.
Kanai K3
Kanai K2
LSP-R project
What did you run joe?
k3, until i broke
Kanai K3
Kanai K2
LSP-R project
What now??!!?!?!? What engine in that??? hyper???
hyper 8 in that
Kanai K3
Kanai K2
LSP-R project
Biodragen, you never introduced yourself man!

Whenever I am waiting for a clip I find the person who has it and I tell them "I'm waiting for the clip, please look for me when your done" then I stay close by and easily found. I rarely wait more than 15 mins for a clip.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
i agree with most everyone today was very hectic. i think there were more ppl driving today then there were on last monday. i did have freq problems but it didnt realli bother me much because i enjoyed meeting more people and talking with them, watching others drive and to get a better feel of the track.
I am hoping to find some time this weekend to check it out. It will be nice to have an indoor track to run nitro.
Champjeep... let me know when you plan on going. If I am not working maybe I will swing by to say hey and run a few laps...
Thats cool FreeRide, I probably won't have a truck yet but my friend has a TMaxx so will be using his.
cool cool. I ran my friends rcs a lot before I actually had my own. It got me hooked. I just had to pay for whatever I broke. Not bad rent if you ask me...
I know what you mean. I was running his truck in a parking lot once and smashed it into a car tire (must have been tunned vision or I need glasses). I destroyed the front end of his truck. I felt so bad It cost me $50.00 in parts and alot of apologizing. I felt so bad.

I have an associated 12 L3 he was driving and crashed into the boards on the track and cost hime some money so I gues we are even.
when i went up thier last week it was nice i took my time aorund the track (i never raced before) and stayed out of everybodys way and thier were no problems..not to many people thier either.. im glad i didnt go today i suck at racing and if i wouldve been on the track i wouldve caused a huge accedent and i would have to run to stay alive...lol but i think alot of people went because no work/school..later in the week should be alot better
looking for something new to buy.... like a lst2 or something let me know what u got..................
97 people. yes it was hectic
I think it was awesome considering the amount of people there.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
holie crap! 97!

man thats nuts biodragen...you gotta expect probs on a free run pratice day of 100 people.

once they get in a normal groove at LH, they willl have all the old rules in place. dont give up.
I think big signs with the rules and common courtesies along with a handout sheet at signup might be a step in the right direction.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official Kyosho Inferno GT Spec Class Thread Ponch 49 9,764 06-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Pay Up Sucka!!! Cash Race time... DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 47 8,426 02-28-2007, 08:13 AM
Last Post: rocco79
  My Truggy in f/s thread Rob Kass 0 1,584 02-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Rob Kass
  New LHR Thread Ponch 12 3,108 01-31-2007, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  The NEW racing at LH on 7/30 thread rocco79 19 2,804 08-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  TTR buggy cheap in for sale thread Rob Kass 0 1,455 07-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Rob Kass
  Official Leisure Hours Raceways thread. Michowski 571 66,972 02-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Mr. Tune