The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
general revo discussion - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: general revo discussion (/thread-1492.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

general revo discussion - briyouu - 10-12-2006

I Might Try To Go To,

general revo discussion - Michowski - 10-12-2006

are you guys building your diffs right? Just curious. The way I was taught to build a perfect diff is....

1. First thread the screws for the diff cup in the cup before assembling anything. This will help get any shavings out of the holes and also give you a relatively even seal.

2. Use your diff oil on all the seals. Spread it all the way around them and then install all the gears.

3. Shim the gears as needed in order to get the tightest possible gear mesh without it binding when you try to turn the gears.

4. Tighten the ring gear to the cup in an x pattern to help give you the best seal possible.

5. Install in truck and enjoy.

general revo discussion - Casketman - 10-12-2006

Ah,those are the shims?
3. Shim the gears as needed in order to get the tightest possible gear mesh without it binding when you try to turn the gears.
I never take them out LOL. I have yet to change the oil,just add new oil to it.

general revo discussion - Michowski - 10-12-2006

I always liked to put a new diff cup in my diff between every gallon to 2 gallons. This ensured that all the gears were as close to centered as possible, and also kept my diffs 100% sealed 100% of the time. For 8 bucks for 2 gallons, its a small price to pay in order to have a problem free truck.

general revo discussion - briyouu - 10-13-2006

we are talking about the machined to prefection traxxas diff's right? LOL

general revo discussion - Michowski - 10-13-2006

yup. I can say I have never lost a race due to a diff failure since doing the above mentioned. Actually I have never had any diff problems.

general revo discussion - north_shore_racer - 10-13-2006

well I scored (still have to pay for it but its mine) a Kanai #1 Edition Sirio .21 (pretty cheap), what all would this need to fit in a revo? i got it for a really good price, besides the starter box what else would i need? different motor mount? Thanks

I got a starter box for sale, comes with charger and gel cell for lets say 80 pickup or 85 shipped. I can also meet you at leisure one day if your interested. Just throwing that out there.

general revo discussion - Ponch - 10-13-2006

Michowski Wrote:I got a starter box for sale, comes with charger and gel cell for lets say 80 pickup or 85 shipped. I can also meet you at leisure one day if your interested. Just throwing that out there.

Great deal if it's the RD Racing one.

Of course it is. I only used the best on that truck lol.

general revo discussion - Tex - 10-13-2006

I have a TRX BB motor mount (+more) for sale, $20 comes with everything you need to put that motor in a revo.
You will need a BB header though............

if it needs a bb header then how can you say it includes everything needed? Just giving ya sh!t Wink

general revo discussion - north_shore_racer - 10-14-2006

mich- if only i had another 85 bucks to throw around, i really just bought it as an impulse buy, saw it looked good condition threw out a semi-lowball offer and he took it. not sure if it will make its way into a revo (hopefully) but we'll see, and you'll know when it does.

general revo discussion - Tex - 10-14-2006

I said it comes with everything to put the motor in the revo, that has nothing to do with the header or pipe, numbnutz Wink

maybe he wants a JP-3 running down the side????

general revo discussion - Casketman - 10-14-2006

http://www.traxxas.com/scripts/trxnews/news.php?newsid=91

Nice Big Grin Big Grin Confusedalute:

What truck did losi have on the track? Muggy? I doubt it was LST2

LST2's were the losi trucks....muggys are not legal for sanctioned MT races, they are unlimited trucks.

LST's can compete side by side with revo's no problem.

general revo discussion - Casketman - 10-14-2006

I thought that after I posted it. They pust have put the wrench to those LST's

LST2's are a very capable truck. Revo's are no better.

general revo discussion - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 11-12-2006

Sooo......what are the deatils of the Traxxas Engine Replacement plan?
ouch....

[Image: blown25r.JPG]

general revo discussion - FreeRideFrosty - 11-12-2006

Whoops..... Been there, done that. What actually happened? Anything out of the ordinary or just running it?

general revo discussion - Ponch - 11-12-2006

:eek: What is that!?

F/S section, satoch is selling an 18tm w/rod spacer for $45 I think..Cheaper than Traxxas replacement and you get more power

general revo discussion - Michowski - 11-12-2006

Ponch Wrote::eek: What is that!?

F/S section, satoch is selling an 18tm w/rod spacer for $45 I think..Cheaper than Traxxas replacement and you get more power

Dont buy his motor. Last one he sold only lasted a few tanks before it was 100% shot. Traxxas ecp is 135 shipped for a new 3.3. You just gotta send in your motor and give them all your details like address and phone number and they will call you and charge it and ship you out a brand new motor. Make sure to keep your header and clutch and air filter parts.

general revo discussion - MX_KEVIN - 11-12-2006

Are those bearing pieces? Motor go boom real good(elsalvador voice)Confusedmash:

general revo discussion - Tex - 11-12-2006

I've had motors replaced free by Traxxas, I would try that route first.

Tell them what happened and be honest, you'll be surprised.

general revo discussion - Ponch - 11-12-2006

Tex Wrote:I've had motors replaced free by Traxxas, I would try that route first.

Tell them what happened and be honest, you'll be surprised.

Tried that, said I rolled it on the front straight, broke the block. They claimed "severe crash damage", and asked for $100.