The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
general revo discussion - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: general revo discussion (/thread-1492.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

general revo discussion - Ponch - 02-04-2006

Not near a no pipe situation...BottledBeast, at the bash, was driving his maxx w/o a pipe and my truck was definately quieter than his. Just get over the pipe ppl, it's not even as loud as some 1/8 out there.

general revo discussion - Michowski - 02-04-2006

hopefully pro series bans those loud pipes this year. One can only hope.

general revo discussion - FreeRideFrosty - 02-04-2006

If they pass the dB rules then they can't ban them. Yes they are very annoying and loud but I don't think they are louder than the 1/8 scale pipes.

general revo discussion - slim - 02-04-2006

ever marshalled before free ride? lol def louder than 8th scale.

slim Wrote:ever marshalled before free ride? lol def louder than 8th scale.

Please... I spend more time marshalling than driving. They are real close to some, louder than others, and quieter than some I ahve heard. They are a very loud pipe I know but I am not sure if they are louder than the allowed dB level. If they aren't we can complain all we want and it will do no good...

general revo discussion - slim - 02-04-2006

sorry for hittin the bees nest... i get perterbed when somthing makes THAT much noise but cant clear a tiny double. if its that loud it better be rippin!

LoL... That I can agree with. Whenever I hear them I turn expecting to see a UMT or Buggy tearin it up... all I get is dissapointed. LoL

general revo discussion - north_shore_racer - 02-04-2006

ok, im on the middle of the fence on this idea. i need a way to start my revo. lol ive had it for like a month and i havent been able to drive it cuz i havent had a way to turn it over. it was converted to bumpstart so the crank is cut already. i just dont have hte money for a starter box for the revo. i have the ezstart harness but idk if i wanna install it cuz that requires taking the engine apart and replacing it with a stock crank that isnt cut. but wut about a pullstart? can the crank be cut if i use a pullstart? or does it have to be stock not cut? also if i can even use a pullstart on a 2.5r where can i get one. i realllllllyyyyy wanna drive it and ive been working on it for a while and now its just sitting here....gimme some ideas.

You can't use a pullstart on a cut crank... but I do have a stock crank and a pullstart if you are interested. Your best bet right now... to get running... would be to ask around at the track to use someones box untill you can get your own or modify another one like I did. Other than that not too much I can tell you...

Yeah, go PS. Get a reg crankshaft (is this an os or a 2.5?) and the traxxas pull start + owb.

That is the cheapest way to be able to run it at your house and not have to depend on someone loaning their box to you. PM me if you are interested in the stock crank, OWB and 2.5 PS.

general revo discussion - north_shore_racer - 02-04-2006

ya well im not gonna be racing for a while so i wont be able to borrow a starter at the track....cuz well i wont be at the track. pullstart sounds best right now.

general revo discussion - destroy_my_revo_15 - 02-04-2006

would it be safe for me to put my reciever on top of my rx pack where the servo goes?

Yeah John.

general revo discussion - thenewguy821 - 02-04-2006

I have to admit, the Trinity pipe is much louder than stock, but if you keep the restrictor in, it isn't any louder than some of the 1/8th scales out there. If you take out the restrictor (which screws into the end of the stinger), it is a LOT louder. I have only run the stock pipe and trinity pipe, and am happy with the performance ut added. I tried to run without the restrictor, just to see the difference. I almost went deaf, and I couldn't get the temps down.

general revo discussion - rocco79 - 02-04-2006

The trinity pipe is MUCh louder than any 1/8 scale pipe... When a guy starts a revo with one on it I almost crap my pants there so loud and annoying... They sound like a motor without a pipe to me...

They must be running with no restrictor. I haven't gotten any complaints when I run mine.

general revo discussion - destroy_my_revo_15 - 02-04-2006

ok so i got the reciever on the batt and i cant decide if i should put a balloon over the rx. if i did then it would be more of a hassle cause im not running a switch and i dont have a servo extention to wire it up that way. or where else could i put my switch. i have no reciever box at all. it kinda limits all of my options..... have suggestions, lemme kno thanks

general revo discussion - Michowski - 02-04-2006

ya what rocco said. I dont crap my pants but there definatly louder then any 1/8th scale ive heard from motors like eb modded 528's to top end .21's. Trinity pipe is no doubt just plain loud. My truck that has no muffler, and an exhaust leak at the manifold sounds like the motors not even running sitting next to a trinity pipe.

general revo discussion - UE-Maxx - 02-04-2006

rocco79 Wrote:The trinity pipe is MUCh louder than any 1/8 scale pipe... When a guy starts a revo with one on it I almost crap my pants there so loud and annoying... They sound like a motor without a pipe to me...

Isn't there a guy at LHR with a yellow wing that has one? It sounds like it doesn't have a pipe. I sometimes think he is slowing down to go in the pits to put his pipe back on.

general revo discussion - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 02-04-2006

I never thought I would hear a bunch of nitro guys complaining about noise!

general revo discussion - rocco79 - 02-04-2006

Why not??? Were running inside of a building!??! Exsaust notes that are extra loud suck!!!

The trinity just seems to have more of an unrefined BBBBRRRRAAAARRRPPPPPPPPP to it , more than other pipes

But that's a good sound! Bigger is better, so louder is better! lmao

Quote:The trinity just seems to have more of an unrefined BBBBRRRRAAAARRRPPPPPPPPP to it , more than other pipes

Just like a Mustang (4.6 or 5.0) has that VERY Distinctive rumble, once you've owned one, you'll always recognize the "sound"

I miss that sound.... Sad

My dog makes that noise when she burps...Smells really bad....