The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
general revo discussion - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: general revo discussion (/thread-1492.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

general revo discussion - thenewguy821 - 01-12-2006

db, I may be wrong, but I think "Shock Pack" referes to when you rebuild shocks. When you cap the shocks, and compress the shock, it has a rebound, even without a spring. After building shocks, I usually push the shaft all the way in, and let it rebound on its own. I then do this with the other shock. Check to see if they have the same rebound. I usually try to get it to where all 4 rebound about tthe same, but most importantly, that the Left and Right match.

If I'm wrong about this, I hope someone clarifies.....

general revo discussion - snakebite46 - 01-12-2006

You guys let you shocks rebound alot of just alittle ? I think if they rebound too much, theres too much fluid in the shock. I get them where they rebound just a slight bit and then throw them on this Losi shock matcher thing I got =P

Tex Wrote:to quote something just go to the post you want to quote and hit the quote button on the bottom of that post

That, or if the post is long, and you only want to quote a section of it, Click and Drag over the text you want to quote, right-click and select copy. When you get to the reply box. select the quote symbol and paste the selected text in that spot. If you use the "Quick Reply" at the bottom of the page, you have to click the quote symbol before and after the text. If you use the "Advanced Reply", when you click the quote symbol, it opens a text box. Just add the text and click OK.

Quote:You guys let you shocks rebound alot of just alittle ?

On longer shocks, I try to keep the rebound to around 3/8", on the Revo shocks, I try to keep it under 1/4".

general revo discussion - Tex - 01-12-2006

thenewguy821 Wrote:20 million ways to skin a cat

or you can put words in their mouth..hahaha

general revo discussion - Tex - 01-12-2006

Sorry, back on topic.......

yeah so those revo shocks...um........

general revo discussion - db302 - 01-12-2006

db302 Wrote:Sorry about trying to do the "quote" things to reference other posts on this thread. I'm also new to forums in general, but I really do appreciate the feedback I'm receiving on my Revo! This is really helpin' me a lot.

You guys rule, I'm smilin' ear to ear! Big Grin So pack = shock rebound. Out of my leauge for now as far as how it impacts a set-up, but maybe later. . . :joy:

Quote:Out of my leauge for now as far as how it impacts a set-up, but maybe later

I guess now is as good as later.... lol

If you have too much shock oil in the shocks, it will rebound too much. What this will do, is in a sense, make your shocks harder to compress. If you use 50 wt oil, it will seem like you are using a thicker oil, and have a stiffer feel. If you have too little oil in the shocks, it will not rebound at all, and seem a little too plush.

general revo discussion - Sh1nn3r - 01-12-2006

Theres a bleed hole on the revo shocks so if there is to much it will adjust itself

Setup im going to be using

diff fluids 30k front 10k rear losing the rd quick turn also im not likeing it so much.
50 shock oil front and back piston1 in fron piston 2 in back orange dot in front gold dot in back

going with crime fighters 23mm 1/2 inch off set

general revo discussion - snakebite46 - 01-12-2006

Bleed hole = yes
Still make it rebound too much =yes

I've overfilled and didnt take the time to get all the access out..not good. =)

general revo discussion - db302 - 01-13-2006

Sh1nn3r Wrote:losing the rd quick turn also im not likeing it so much.

Sorry to hear about that quickturn. I am going to try one tho' 'cause it approximates the handling of some old 4wd electric buggies I used to run (Yokomos), only for my Revo. I really want to try a center diff tho', waiting to see who comes out with the first good kit. Anyway, thanks for the set up info. I'll try it out.. Later - DaveB :joy:

general revo discussion - snakebite46 - 01-13-2006

For those of you looking for ext arms and the new Traxxas pipe for the Revo, A-main hobbies has them in stock as of 8:38pm 1-13-06. Grab'um while you can.

general revo discussion - Blown5.0 - 01-13-2006

Is the resonator pipe only available as a single chamber, or they offering a dual as well?

general revo discussion - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 01-13-2006

snakebite46 Wrote:For those of you looking for ext arms and the new Traxxas pipe for the Revo, A-main hobbies has them in stock as of 8:38pm 1-13-06. Grab'um while you can.

Do you get emails from them telling you when new stuff is added??? That's fast news!!

Stormer has them, too.

Just stumbled across it while placing an order Dave =P

cool. I wonder how long will it be before those arms are standard on the RTR?

I doubt they'll come on the RTR.

They're cheap enough to add-on later at $15....funny how quickly I have become numb to buying stuff for "only" $15 !! Rolleyes

general revo discussion - Tex - 01-13-2006

isn't it a total of $30 for the whole set, complete? I thought it was $15 for lowers/$15 for uppers?

general revo discussion - Obsessive R/C - 01-13-2006

The extended ones are sets of L & R (one rear upper and one rear lower) $7 ea. side

general revo discussion - Mr. Tune - 01-14-2006

My extended wheelbase arms are on order Smile.

general revo discussion - FreeRideFrosty - 01-14-2006

I will probably pick up a set when the LHS gets them. Good thing I will be getting a job at my bike shop too. That will support my biking expenses. Then Trader Joes will pay for college/RC/real car.

general revo discussion - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 01-14-2006

And when they are back in stock, the "kit" with both sides and extra hardware needed is only $13 on Stormer. I'm backordering it....

general revo discussion - Obsessive R/C - 01-14-2006

I ordered 2 sets from A-main Big Grin

general revo discussion - destroy_my_revo_15 - 01-14-2006

i need help! i cant keep my truck running. i can run it to top speed then when i go to turn around it goes to low rpms and dies. if anyone can help me that would be great cause im going to lh tomorrow to race so i need a quick fix