Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We be Jammin!
My Jammin came in the mail today, and I just finished disassembling, and reassembling it while replacing nearly every screw, nut, and bolt I could looking for wear since it was used.

Its in very good condition, the previous owners obviously took very good care of it. Its got some scrapes on the bottom, and the rear of the chassis is worn like most buggies are, but the hex screws were freshly replaced so they probably took it apart, cleaned it up and then put it backtogether for me.

Spektrum rx, jr 590 for throttle/brake, Hitec 645mg for steering. Sadly the mill is the oem powerplant from my Ultra comp2, a lowly Force .26 w/ a jp3 hard anno pipe. I don't really need the 590 for brake/throttle but its got the fastest response time out of all the servo's I had left so I used it anyways.

For $170 I'm happy with it. Its a Jammin X1cr Pro. I swapped everything over from my Ultra Comp2 to buggy to stay on the cheap side for now, but I am looking at a new mill for it.

Looking at a .21 sized engine under $200, I am also considering the Axial .28 as I can get one for cheap, right around $100 flat with tax. If I go with a .21 that means I'm okay to race, However, the Axial .28 can probably provide nearly as much power or maybe more for cheaper but it wont' be legal to race.

[Image: wibjammin.jpg]

*ps. Yes I know i need new tires. hehe.Confusedalute:
very nice looking buggy

dangit i was gonna mention the tires
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
The body isn't the best paint job, but It'll get torn up eventually so I don't worry about it. ^_^

I just jumped on the auction when I saw it had no reserver and was at $100 with about 9 hours left. Figured, what the hey, its a great upgrade from the Ultra Comp 2, and even if I spent a few hundred the Ultra Comp 2 would never equal a Hyper 7/8 or the Jammin.

Ended up with the winning bid at $177.

Spent several hours going through it today making sure everything was there and right. Finished late so I couldn't start it up and see the differences between the UC2 and the Jammin, but I did do the radio check and the 645mg servo provides some great steering response!

Still need a new body, tires/rims as well. And still thinking about a .21 motor for it.
glad it worked out good for you. i just bought a sp2 on ebay for 340, and thought it was a good deal, until i got it and seen most of the drive cups and unis were shot.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
Yeah, one of the first things I did was go over the differentials, and suspension movement checking for binding or slop. Its all smooth as can be. I expected the auction to go higher than $200, my max bid. Lucky me.
nice buggy
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
nice buggy
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
I wanna play with it! But i'm stuck at work. Sad

Maybe I'll bring it to work tommorow, setup a ramp in the office and see how many cubicles I can jump. :joy:
hahahaha.....wonder how long itll be before you pass out
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
Nitromethane, the new perfume.

Gas smells good, Nitromethane does not!

not that i smell gas......I only grew up around leaded big block v8's with straight exhausts.Confusedalute:
Hehe, Old vs New.

[Image: jammin_oldnew.jpg]

Stripped the old one clean, though i have all of the parts to repair it. I'm going to strip it further, give it a chassis bath, and replace any nasty lookin screws.
dude clean that air filter.... no throw it away.....
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
toss that motor too Wink
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Ahh, the dusty pile out there. I have a better air filter but the elements go torn, and the spare is a shot. So this one worked just so I could take it outside and see if everything worked.

The diff action is smooth, but it seemed that the rear wheels locked up once, the brakes seem to bind in the rear when they get hot.

With the jammin chassis the car accelorations much harder, and tops out a bit higher than the old chassis if the pitch of the motor doesn't lie. My neighboors weren't very happy with me. :joy:

If you look at the old buggy you can see where i shattered the steering knuckle. The last jump it took seems to have taken quite a bit of it out. hehehe.
that jammin is based off your 9.5. Just more refined
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
want to sell your old buggy as it sits? pm me.
Ain't nothing left, stripped it clean. Its getting rebuilt as a 1/8th rally car replica.
well i siad as it sits. how complete is it? im still interested.
Unfortunately I'm not really interested in selling it. I've already ordered parts to make it into a 1/8th scale rally car.

2spd tranny, road tires, universal body mount, removed the wing, and the last thing will be the body which is harder to get.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jammin CRT.5 Minni Truggy? Agd123 5 2,636 08-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Tex
  2008 Jammin Midwest Nitro Series mfanke19 34 10,184 08-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  I be Jammin cheesecake 41 5,763 09-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Last Post: cheesecake
  Jammin CRT X2 Czech-it-Out Graphics 15 3,302 08-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Anybody still roll the Jammin CR? hansarvin 54 6,868 07-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Last Post: hansarvin
  odd thing, Jammin CRT Pro lighter than X1cr Pro? Thirdgen89GTA 6 1,853 06-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Last Post: blktransam
  jammin crt owners 4wheelinrevo 7 2,306 05-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Last Post: 4wheelinrevo
  Jammin Pillow Ball Upgrade Rob Kass 3 1,249 02-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Last Post: chickenfarmer3
  new engine for jammin x1 cr or crt kits motoxer4life 12 2,091 11-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  jammin x1 kit question motoxer4life 7 1,631 11-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Last Post: chris arnold