Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody still roll the Jammin CR?
I just bought Rocco's old buggy from statcat and it will be here this Friday. Just wondering if I'm alone here or what? Anyone have any tips this is only my second buggy my first one was a Hyper 7 PCR (now Seek and destroy's). Any driving tips? Set-up tips? A Good servo for steering? I plan on running a Hyper .21 8-port coupled to a JP-2 and I've got a DX-3 and those servos but I think I'm going to need a new steering servo. I know that that servo is horrible in my Savage.

Thanks,
Gary
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
I think that's the F.T. jammin buggy. If it was Roccos it should be set up pretty well.

I have a F.T. jammin with the pillow ball front susp. upgrade and it turns like crazy!!!! Handles very well also and most people use mugen grey springs. Good Luck
Rob Kass Wrote:I think that's the F.T. jammin buggy. If it was Roccos it should be set up pretty well.

I have a F.T. jammin with the pillow ball front susp. upgrade and it turns like crazy!!!! Handles very well also and most people use mugen grey springs. Good Luck
Hows the PBS suspension hold up compared to the Tbolt setup. Not handling wise. But I always wanted more steering from my jammin however I don't want to give up its durability. Though I am tired of its slop.
I have raced it a few times and it seems to be very durable though you have to have the pillow balls tightened almost all the way in or you will lose a front cvd if you crash hard enough. Turns like no other scale i've driven.
pillow balls are more duraball than c hubs IMHO
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:pillow balls are more duraball than c hubs IMHO

I would agree with this as well.....
Stick with the Jammin they are very competative (sp) buggys and rocco took great care of his stuff put him in the B Main lots of times LOL (just messin Rocco) and parts are every where you look for them.
I am running a Jammin x1 cr FTE with an RB ws7iii w/ JP1 with RB#6 plugs and Werks 30% fuel and loving it so far, car seems very nimble / responsive, I need to re-build shocks 50f-35R Associated oil, and re-do the diffs 5f-7c-3r Mugen fluid before I race it....seems like the pipe is not suited very well for it, hits a rev limit wall on the top end, gonna get a TTR 2035 and try that. But it is certainly fast, just not how I want it to feel, it gets up good out of the hole, but lacks the top end that ws7 should have, I think the TTR will capture more of the engines actual powerband through the entire range. Im using a M11 with spektrum, I was amazed at the response time the Spektrum stuff has, pretty cool compared to what i started on back in the day. My racing debut will be Aug 4 @ Scream RC in Edwardsville. Chad and Mike, I hope you are their!!! But yeah, im hooked, I have been working on getting the tune out on the street, I had a pair of old stingers i burnt up in a few tanks LOL, today I am putting on updated reciever box to allow for big rx pack, and a black PL HD wing, I will post some pics later.
anyone wanna buy a ackerman plate??
Meatwad Wrote:anyone wanna buy a ackerman plate??

RTR, FTE, KhZ? whats up meatwad?? LOL
this one. geuss its the rtr one.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info...ts_id/3781
guess that doesnt help u guys
that from the standard cr kit, not RTR, but not FTE, nah Im cool, I am running this box stock besides the radio box, only reason for that is so i can use a 2700mah rx pack. Im saving my $ for the AE rc8, Its released Aug 27 @ Amain, they have 70 coming in, 22 are already purchased, Im sending my loot to them before they are released so my name is on one then they will just send me kit on 27th they expect them to last a few days if that, so I am basically pre-ordering it Smile
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=172350

pillowball setup for sale
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
cheesecake Wrote:http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=172350

pillowball setup for sale

as u can see in that thread, I pm'd him and offered 50$ shipped with no go, im not concerned about Losi / mugens / kyoshos turning under me tbh and the durability of the c-hub I think is fine under NORMAL race/track conditions, this Jammin is just to get a feel for 1/8 buggy class, get basic racing / track principles down (courtesy / tactics / fast lines / maintenance etc. just understanding the program basically) I got it just to get me in the mix so I can adapt / learn, If I can be even a LITTLE smooth / easy / consistent with c hub Jammin, I think I will be ok with rc8 or any other top end current buggy Wink
i bought my sportwerks mayhem just to get into 1/8 scale and im very happy with it i got a great deal on it . i have a jp2 and it is an excellent pipe for the long straights
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
cheesecake Wrote:i bought my sportwerks mayhem just to get into 1/8 scale and im very happy with it i got a great deal on it . i have a jp2 and it is an excellent pipe for the long straights

awesome dude, are you racing much? Will you be in Edwardsville on Aug 4? Yeah, the Jammin pipes are good man, no doubt, I think a JP3 would be best Jammin pipeset for my mill tbh. But I am leaning towards the TTR 2035 long pipe w/ smooth flow manifold, thats the pipeset Maifield and Saxton use. The RB 2045 pipeset would be nice, but too damn pricey for my blood Smile
i have raced once so far and i did bad but i was having problems with the throttle sticking. where is Edwardsville and whats going on there
Edwardsville is basically East St. Louis. Illinois State Pro Series RD.4

It will be my first sanctioned event racing in over 17+yrs lmfao..........I am just gonna be slow and try to turn laps, Im not gonna be silly and try to be the fast guy, because that simply wont happen as I am a total n00b to racing at this point, so Im just gonna cruise and attempt to finish without breaking, or breaking someone else LOL
hmm its a 4 hour drive it depends on my work schedule as i seem to work every weekend i need off.
pwnzor Wrote:thats the pipeset Maifield and Saxton use.

they could use a pipe from a rtr duratrax and still win...lol
blktransam Wrote:they could use a pipe from a rtr duratrax and still win...lol
probably true man, LOL
if i wasnt going to oregon, il on the 5th to smash the shit out of my demo car id be there.
blktransam Wrote:they could use a pipe from a rtr duratrax and still win...lol

but they use that pipe cuz it makes the motor smoother and easier to drive that fast
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
I know WHY they use the pipe...just saying, ah never mind u argue or have something to say about everything damn
LOL.....but he is usually right it seems

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jammin CRT.5 Minni Truggy? Agd123 5 2,621 08-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Tex
  2008 Jammin Midwest Nitro Series mfanke19 34 10,094 08-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  I be Jammin cheesecake 41 5,705 09-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Last Post: cheesecake
  Jammin CRT X2 Czech-it-Out Graphics 15 3,274 08-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  odd thing, Jammin CRT Pro lighter than X1cr Pro? Thirdgen89GTA 6 1,839 06-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Last Post: blktransam
  jammin crt owners 4wheelinrevo 7 2,293 05-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Last Post: 4wheelinrevo
  Jammin Pillow Ball Upgrade Rob Kass 3 1,240 02-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Last Post: chickenfarmer3
  new engine for jammin x1 cr or crt kits motoxer4life 12 2,066 11-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  jammin x1 kit question motoxer4life 7 1,619 11-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Last Post: chris arnold
  The Ofna Jammin CRT Thread. Younger kids beware. Michowski 362 42,494 11-20-2006, 12:10 AM
Last Post: RobH