The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
The General Paint Thread - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Tech Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Paint / Body (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: The General Paint Thread (/thread-4370.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

The General Paint Thread - UE-Maxx - 03-05-2007

I can tell I am getting a little bit better. I have a problem with my mask lifting up some of the pinstriping. You can really see it in the 2nd picture towards to the tip of the chrome.

The General Paint Thread - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 03-05-2007

And another starving painter goes hungry as yet another RC owner steps into painting his own bodies.......

looks good Steve...shadows are hard, yes?

To me yes, because I couldn't get a fine line/mist. I don't know if it is my brush or faskolor is too thick. I am thinking about picking up new brush though.

What AB you using?

Paasche vl

The General Paint Thread - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 03-05-2007

iwata Smile

i usually pull the pins first, I have tried both ways and it just seems like doing the pins first just makes life easier

I think I am going Iwata. I remember you suggesting the Revolution, but when I went on coastairbrush there are a few Revolutions. Which one was it?

What do you mean you pull the pins first? You paint them first?

ya i pull the mask and paint those in first

The Iwata Revolution HP CR or if u wanna spend a little extra green the Eclipse CS both awesome

Thanks

I always did paint them first, but it was when I pulled the mask from the area behind them that it lifted up the paint from the pinstriping.

ur putting the paint on too thick. dry it then put the body in the freezer for about 10 minutes, or outside if its cold enough lol and it will be much easier to peal. If your gonna do chrome u really cant stop that from happening gotta spray chrome as late as u can

Ok thanks.

Steve, just a note on the Eclipse...with the stock .35mm tip, you really have to thin the paints to get good flow. The bigger .50mm tip on the RevoCR means greater flow rate. Just something to consider.

Now with thin paints like lacquers, the finer tip can shoot finer details...so it's a question of what yuo will do more of...Faskolors or lacquers.....and how much money you got!

u really gotta thin more with the eclipse dave?

I think I am going to go with the CR because I do use more faskolor. I can just keep the small tip on my paasche for the lacquer paints.

The General Paint Thread - Evil3 - 03-05-2007

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:u really gotta thin more with the eclipse dave?
Yes you do. My brush has a .3mm tip, and I normally thin my paints down to a 50/50 mix of paint to thinner, and about a 25 (or less)/75 of paint to thinner for detail work.

The General Paint Thread - Mr. Tune - 03-05-2007

Looks good!

The General Paint Thread - Obsessive R/C - 03-05-2007

My Grex has a .35 tip & will not spray Faskolor straight from the bottle...but the HP-BCS has a .50 & it works just fine (note:the Eclpise CS comes w/ a .35)

The General Paint Thread - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 03-08-2007

any painters out there looking for a good back up brush I got a Matco Tools Airbrush the I would be willing to part with

The General Paint Thread - Obsessive R/C - 03-08-2007

u still trying to sell that pile??

The General Paint Thread - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 03-08-2007

obviously lol

The General Paint Thread - UE-Maxx - 03-09-2007

Iwata Revolution-CR - Ordered.

Can't wait to test it out.

The General Paint Thread - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 03-10-2007

From where?

The General Paint Thread - UE-Maxx - 03-10-2007

Coast airbrush.

The General Paint Thread - UE-Maxx - 03-12-2007

Tried my hand at marbling. Didn't work out to well.

A little bummed as I went to Michaels and they discontinued their aribrush section.

The General Paint Thread - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 03-12-2007

check out the thread on CFX that gives you a how to for the marble, I havent tried it that way just yet but ive gotten some good results just doing it with one color and backing it with something darker.