Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The General Paint Thread
It seems more and more guys are getting into painting, so let's start a Paint thread where folks can ask questions, post ideas, whatever, as long as it's painting related.

I'll start.

I like searching our new designs and colors. Not everything has to be flamed. I came across this well done body at xrc forums. Like it or hate it, this guy has skills.
[Image: jessieDSC01238.jpg]
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
I knew Dan was getting into on-road!!! j/k!! That is good though!

Sorry if I'm off topic
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
Actually I thought you might use it as inspiration for your next tattoo.

oh yeah, I said it.

Besides, the hair in the portrait on top isn't Frosty enough Big Grin

and I think that's a new record...a thread that went off topic in the first post.
definitely not my style of paint, but a very good job, man, I wish I could pull that off... even my stick men come out looking fat Sad
ehh....not a big fan of that, but he does have some skills, thats for sure.

the thread should be named "the official paint thread".....lol
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
that body is sweet, reminds me of the t-shirts you can get done with you name and stuff at the county fair Smile
He spelled my name wrong...... J/K. Skills for sure.....

I was playing with my friends airbrush and it seems like a cool thing to get into.... just not something I want to send my little spending money to right now.
pretty cool, musta been tough to airbrush the name backwards
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
I also commented about the t-shirt style artwork and lettering. Still not easy to do, I'm sure.
Alright, what's a decent basic starter airbrush?

On my air compressor, there's a gauge for air pressure and a gauge for how full the tank is. Is there supposed to be anything else on there that I would need? I think I heard something about a regulator, what is that?

Would it be beneficial to pick up a small air compressor that would be a bit more easily taken places? Any recomendations?

Thanks for awnsering questions. Smile
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Iwata revolution HP-CR is prolly the best brush out there at 65$

I prefer the regular home depot type compressors to the smaller airbrush specific ones. The airbrush compressors are constantly running and get hot, which causes condensation and u get water in ur lines (this doesnt always happen but it blows when it does) You dont need a regulator or whatever i dunno what that is, just something that tells u the PSI

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:Iwata revolution HP-CR is prolly the best brush out there at 65$

I prefer the regular home depot type compressors to the smaller airbrush specific ones. The airbrush compressors are constantly running and get hot, which causes condensation and u get water in ur lines (this doesnt always happen but it blows when it does) You dont need a regulator or whatever i dunno what that is, just something that tells u the PSI

Alright, thanks. On the PSI issue, how do you keep it where you want it? Just keep turning on/off the compressor when it gets too low/too high?
once ur turn the dile it stays where u set it

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:once ur turn the dile it stays where u set it

Lemme go look...

hey there's no dial on my compressor....
then i dunno wat to tell ya lol take some pics of it for us

http://www.chitownrc.com/gallery/browsei...userid=135

Pics are in there.
heres the dial, the black thing in the middle

[Image: 100_1314.jpg]

How do you turn it? It wouldn't budge for me.
Revo2k Wrote:Alright, thanks. On the PSI issue, how do you keep it where you want it? Just keep turning on/off the compressor when it gets too low/too high?

You can buy a small regulator from NAPA that will do just fine, it'll cover any pressures that you want to push..
"if guns cause crime, all of mine are defective" - Ted Nugent
try loosening it

try bleeding off the pressure in the tank and then loosen it, see if that helps..
"if guns cause crime, all of mine are defective" - Ted Nugent
On most air regulators you need to pull up on the knob before it will turn. Clock wise increases air pressure, counter clockwise decreases.Big Grin

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Actually I thought you might use it as inspiration for your next tattoo.

oh yeah, I said it.

Besides, the hair in the portrait on top isn't Frosty enough Big Grin

and I think that's a new record...a thread that went off topic in the first post.

No one said it but, BURN!!!

Retort: Might look good on top of you head? You wouldn't have to shave to get it either!!! (I got nothin else on ya!! lol)
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:The airbrush compressors are constantly running and get hot, which causes condensation and u get water in ur lines (this doesnt always happen but it blows when it does)
This is very true...it will always happen when you least expect it and with waterbased paint it can ruin the job in a hurry.
You can invest in a water trap that seperates the condensation in the line and is usually sold as a single unit combined with the pressure regulator.

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
[QUOTE=Revo2k]Would it be beneficial to pick up a small air compressor that would be a bit more easily taken places? Any recomendations?
[QUOTE]

Matt, I have a small Paasche model D compressor that will produce around 30psi. It's ok for plain work and it is nice that I can use it in my small worksapce during the winter. Home Depot. Lowes, etc, also have small tank compressor that look almost like pumpkins. The trim carpenters used them in my house to run nailers. I'm sure one of those would work great inside the house for painting.

I had a Badger model 180 compressor that had auto shutoff, but it didn't work very well for airbrush painting. It was fine for simple spraying, but it lacked fine pressure control and only made about 20psi. Avoid this type.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VR paint vascaro 34 25,627 03-01-2014, 04:23 AM
Last Post: lorrainee
  Colors By Dave, custom paint DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 774 146,397 12-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Sh1nn3r
  Couple new paint jobs taken with a new camera BJoe 6 4,519 09-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  just a mini t body...first paint with airbrush ever! Agd123 2 3,767 08-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Last Post: AddictedtoNITRO
  Evil3's thread Evil3 74 11,403 04-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Evil3
  My new paint/ scheme MX_KEVIN 55 12,536 02-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  paint work Green Hornet 14 6,904 12-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Green Hornet
  my new paint job on my mugen eraser 16 5,990 12-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Rob Kass
  Obsessed F/X, custom paint Obsessive R/C 1,029 109,810 10-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Last Post: AddictedtoNITRO
  anyone want to paint a helicopter canopy? stratcat 5 4,069 10-27-2007, 02:10 AM
Last Post: bubbaracing