.27 engine
2.7 HP 40,000RPM
2 speed trans.
80 MPH!!
:joy:

[Image: xr86.jpg]

[Image: PRPXR80.jpg]

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
I read about it in a magazine, it's supposed to be crazy fast!
all 1/8 on roads are rediculious fast but pretty useless for anything other than super smooth preped surfaces though. my buddy had a Mugen MRX4 with a sirio .21 on road engine in it and man it was the fastest thing I'd ever run but sheesh a small pebble would send the thing flying. I'd still love to have one though!
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
Them 1/8th scale on-roads are expensive too !!!!! 650 at Leisure for the MRX4.
I can't imagine watching these things race, or marshalling for that matter. It's bad enough when an NTC3 runs into the outer barrier, can you imagine an 1/8th scale car with a .21 and WOT sliding into one?
Well as soon as I get the radio gear installed, we'll find out how crazy this thing is!! :p:

Supposedly it will do 50 mph in first gear and the best part is that it gets there so quickly that you don't need an airport runway to get to speed.

Looks like Power Racing swapped out that .27 for a Sirio .21 in their pic.

Those 1/8 scale on-roads are sick, I want one. I won't be getting one, but i do want one.lol!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I think there are two differnt models of the car tex... I remember there being two differnt write ups about those cars lately in the mags
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
The one in the top pic is a XR8 which is the kit race version where you add engine and electronics. Similar to the (Prospec concept) all the upgrades already installed. 7075 chassis, carbon fiber upper deck and towers, centax clutch, etc. The one in the lower pic is the XR80 RTR version w/ the .27 (thats the one I just got) The chassis, upper deck and towers are all 6061. It comes with a 3 shoe clucth instead of the centax and a few other misc. items that are not quite total "Race spec" but its still a pretty sweet ride.

I am just entertaining myself here.... but I compared the XR8 to the Mugen MRX4 and these things are nearly indentical part for part. Parts shape, size, layout, assembly...almost all direct copies of the MRX4.

Check out the pics...http://www.mugenracing.com/mrx-4.htm

Is any one even running these in major 1/8th scale racing? How are they doing? All I seem to see are Mugen and Serpent dominating everything.

Where are you going to run this thing?
Thats a good question...for the first couple of runs there is a school down the block from me that just had the parking lot redone. (kinda small but big enough to get a feel for it and get it tuned)
After that there is the back lot of the Rosellle train station that is all brand new blacktop. (nice and smooth + no cars at all on the weekends)
And if thats not big enough I'll try taking it over to the Bisco lot. (large local companys paring lot)

Oh, I thought you were going to race it, I was just wondering where they raced 1/8th scale cars.
I don't know where they race 1/8th scale either. Once I learn how to control it, then I may consider racing it.

I thought this was a really cool feature...the rear body mount/ wing mount is actually a part of the rear suspension. As force is applied to the wing, its transfered through links connected to the rear hub carriers forcing them down at speed. Cool

[Image: XR8edit.jpg]

I got my Landmax back together and running so I'm planing on running it at the Bisco lot around 3 today (Sun). So if you are up to it swing on by there. I love seing 1/8 on roads run.

They used to run 1/8 on roads at AJ's a few years back (now Intense RC). I'm sure if enough people showed up to race them they would ahve a 1/8 on road class. Also Leisure hours track deffinetely looks big enough to handle 1/8 on roads as well.
-- John --
I'm having some trouble w/ the oneway bearing /starter system on it but if i get it going I'll come by.

Well....just got back from running the XR80. I'm still giggling like a school girl!! This thing screams!! Even a fairly clean parking lot is very hard on those big foam tires. Got a couple of good passes after adjusting the brakes. (I really wish it had front brakes) Even the Bisco lot seems small for this car. God help me if it ever gets into second gear!!
Those of you who have been there will know the size of the lot (its a pretty large lot)...but I set up in the middle, would start out appling gradual throttle down by the entrance trying to get traction until it would stay straight, hit full throttle just before it passed me and right where you hear the rpm level off where it should have shifted into second, I have to get on the brakes to make sure it slows down before the curb at the other end. I need to adjust the shift point down a little so that it will get into second gear sooner if ever. Definatley way too much for "in front of your house" type running. :p:

[Image: th_000_0847.jpg]

Sounds fast, I like the quick change tires!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
hehe.. hell yeah they are nuts! I bet this will cure the need for extreme speed in a big way.

I bet after the engine loosens up more and the driveline gets broken in nicely it will be faster and make it into 2nd gear.
-- John --
As big as that lot is, I still managed to lightly kiss the curb a couple of times...I need to remember to leave enough room to slow back down Big Grin

They race 1/8th scale gassers at Don's Hobbies in Racine, Wi. I used to buy my RC stuff there when I lived in Kenosha.

Kenosha has a bike racing velodrome that would be perfect for racing that thing. It's a very big oval with high banks. You could open it up there. It's smooth like glass.

Call the Kenosha park district for the schedule and whenever the bikes aren't racing you can.
They will actually let you run on the bike track?? (It's outdoor I assume) That would be sweet!!

yeah those 1/8th scale racers are sweet, but as soon as I get my big block kit for my rs4 3, I will post pics. That shumacher version 2 3speed w/.21 was clocked at 92, too bad my ntc3 doesnt have big block mods or a 3 speed tranny!, :bustingup
in RCCA they clocked the schumacher fusion at 65mph. They tried different gearing and everything.

Not sure where you saw 92mph but I'd have to see that to believe it. Gotta link? I'm interested
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  high speed servos Biodragen 37 4,950 12-21-2005, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Eracer76
  Approximate speed of my trucks? RCDad 9 1,994 07-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Last Post: ATA_Thrash
  Savage 3 speed!!! rocco79 3 2,020 10-04-2004, 08:57 AM