Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you buy if......
If you were going to get into RACING, not fun running, off road. And you already have a MT. Would you gear up to run a TRUGGY or 1/8 scale 4wd BUGGY?

And when you answer, vote for your favorite chassis choice and motor.

This is a nitro question so keep electrics out of it.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Buggy and I'd take the 777 SP2 and a P5 for an engine.
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
Holy carrrap! Just added this up:

777SP1 $470
P5 with pipe $450
Rx, servos, rx batt $300
bump box $100

Already at $1300 without spare parts or anything else. Looks like I'll swat the Buggy bug that bit me until I can sell a large order here at work!!! But it does make it seem cheap to drop $200-300 into the Revo, by comparison!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Why dont you look at sportworks. For that money you can have both.Im not sure about there truggy yet cause i just got it and it broke the rear arm at nitro farm after 2 tanks, but the buggy is verry competitive.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Search/Defau...rallCatID=
Take a look
you don't have to get the 777. the k2 or 3 are also very good. i would go with an rb motor (either an eb mod s7 or a ws7II). i would love to get the 777 sp2 but i run my k2 just fine right now. maybe next yeaqr i will get that but we will see. it is a lot more fun running buggy than it is running mt .........imo
Alotta people are runnin the Jammin buggy.... supposed to be the "blue collar " racer.. A buget friendly and potent racer. This is the bug im gonna get
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
I bought a Hopped up MBX5, ebP5, Air359/Jr650z servos, OS 2050 pipe/header all for just over $800. It was all gently used and I knew the sellers so i thought that was a good deal for all that great gear. Oh and my starter box was bought for $25 used w/batt/charger
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I cant see spending 800+ till the equipment is holdingya back. I know the Mahem isnt a main stream top end buggy, but im sure I can whoop all those DD asses with it....oops...did I say that Rolleyes

:popcorn:
:popcorn:
lol.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
heck my post for a 777 SP2 and P5 was only if I robbed a bank.. lol.

If you want low buck get a Used Kyosho 7.5 Kanai 2 or 3 and a mid price engine. I'm running a Used all hopped up K3 with a Used $100 OPS .21 and it works great for me. Also Mugen X5's like gabe runs have been comming down in price as well and just as was said the Jammin buggy is very good for the money if you want to have new.
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
OK so what's the budget to get into the K2 or Mayhem? Ballpark.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
ofna 9.5 w/ Used S7

seamed to hold its own at the show down! :p:
Ofna 9.5.. RB Concepts WS7 II -For Sale
Ofna 9.5 Roller - For Sale
Savage...ALL ALUM, bran new Mach427 -For Sale
message me, im, or email if intersted open to just about all offers.
Around 500 for mayhem pro w motor and pipe. Or rtr with JR electronics. I got my pro of ebay slightly used, never ran the motor, came w starter box and an extra set of crimefighters wheel/tires for around 350 shiped
get the jammin....its the best of the tiawan buggys.
I've seen K2's on ebay for around 200 bux. Then you would just have to decide on a motor, pipe and electronics. My K2 cost me about 600 bux in all, but that was with a brand new P5x engine.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:If you were going to get into RACING, not fun running, off road. And you already have a MT. Would you gear up to run a TRUGGY or 1/8 scale 4wd BUGGY?

And when you answer, vote for your favorite chassis choice and motor.

This is a nitro question so keep electrics out of it.

I would love to get a Hot Bodies Stadium Pro to race.
You're never to old to be immature
For truggies...I love my LSP, but I have dumped a lot of money into it over the 8 months Ive had it....
$525 LSP
$325 EB mods P5x
$ 70 Jammin JP-2 pipe
$325 Airtronics M8 w/specktum system
$115 Airtronics 94359
$ 95 Airtronics 94357
$ 25 6v GP cells battery
$140 Vertigo Performance Carbon fiber kit

$1620 for just the big stuff, not including all the little extra hop ups and my 3 sets of wheels/tires :eek:

I knew there was a reason I didnt want to add it all up, I didnt want to know how much Ive dished out on this thing!

Its also one of the reasons why Im still not racing another class, but if I were to get a buggy.........Ive been thinking about getting the Lightning Pro 2 just because its the same base as the LSP, or the Jammin is looking good too Big Grin
I'm really liking Kevin's Mayhem ST cuz I could also get a Mayhem buggy and share parts. Plus, a lot of locals are going that way so there are people to share set up info with.

Let's get real, I'm primarily going to be racing locally and I doubt that the extra %5 performance that some of these other truggies/buggies MIGHT deliver is going to get me a national driving contract. I just need to be competitive with you guys and that is going to take track time more than the latest bell and/or whistle. That said, I've got WAY more than $1620 into my Revo. Would I do it again today? No, I'm waiting to check out the Jammin' truggy before jumping to that class.