Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slot cars.. Anyone into them?
I caught a quick segment on the news about a place in Des Plaines that also has ice cream. Looks like fun and you can rent cars/controllers too.
Dads Slot Cars

Anyone into them? A family friend was into collecting the vintage cars, and we stopped by a track in Montgomerey a few years ago.
[url]www.gearworkstire.com /url]
i have a couple of sets. only bring them out every once in a while. they are both digital.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
I've got a bunch of Tyco and Carrera cars
Just got back from Dads today. Good times and worth checking it out. The ice cream was really good.

It costs $10 for the car, controller and track rental for a 1/2 hour. Some cars were faster than the others so I grabbed a slower one for my daugther. We probably will go back next week and I'll grab some pics
Sweet. There used to be a track right by my house on Roosevelt when I was young. By the time I was old enough to get the hang of it they had gone out of business. They are hard to find now.
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:Sweet. There used to be a track right by my house on Roosevelt when I was young. By the time I was old enough to get the hang of it they had gone out of business. They are hard to find now.

I remeber the one off of Rossevelt. I didn't care for it much because at the time I was racing at Radio Active.

There's a few slot car tracks, Downers grove, joliet, rockford,bradley and champaign.
I forgot there is supposed to be one in Champaign. The one here I think has a decent RC track with it as well if I remember correctly. I've been too damn poor to get back into the hobby so I haven't worried about it much lately...
We went again today for slots and ice cream. Their malts are great. Here's some pics of the slotcar track, and a quick stop at a nearby park.

My daughter is actually getting the hang of it, and knows when to slow down so the car does not go off track. I ended up getting her own little set up with a tool box, car, controller and some tools with misc. slot car items. I just have to get her a pink VW beetle body and sticker up the tool box.

[Image: _DSC0135.jpg]
[Image: _DSC0132.jpg]
[Image: _DSC0146.jpg]
[Image: _DSC0142.jpg]
[Image: _DSC0140.jpg]
[Image: _DSC0155.jpg]
[Image: _DSC0139.jpg]
[Image: _DSC0169.jpg]
Where's there a track in Joliet???
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
Pics of the (I'm making an assumption) wife! Haha Or is that out of line?

Pretty badass that you found a cool hobby your little girl can get into. She looks like she's having fun.
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:Pics of the (I'm making an assumption) wife! Haha Or is that out of line?

Pretty badass that you found a cool hobby your little girl can get into. She looks like she's having fun.

No, not out of line at all, she's my baby's mama :banana:

She has so much fun doing this, and she's also in ballet which she enjoys as well. I just rember how having a hobby (r/c cars) kept me from getting into trouble as a teenager.
A buddy and I built a 1/32 slot car track in his basement , 8'x24' and working on adding to it . Pretty fun and addicting . Think we have more $ into slot cars then it cost to build the track . LOL
bubbaracing Wrote:Where's there a track in Joliet???

nah, it closed down I think, there is one in Kankakee now Matt...
C&R Raceway
I used to race the LTD that they have when it was in ottawa, they also have the kingleman that was there too, both are very fun tracks!

I raced the Nats against the big dogs in slots at one time, placed 5th... costed waaayyyy too much money to compete at that level..
"if guns cause crime, all of mine are defective" - Ted Nugent

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to RC Cars. racing, and a couple of questions Adam 4 1,783 07-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Tex
  Is Towshen back???? ...and selling cars??? thenewguy821 12 3,037 10-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Last Post: squirrel
  New Slot car race track! mikeh 7 1,754 04-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Last Post: ORC Jr.
  Made my car into a cars character t to the maxx2 28 3,271 02-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  Slot cars! mikeh 7 2,105 12-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Last Post: mikeh
  ABC7's Roz Varon features viewers' cars mazur50 7 1,407 10-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Racin' Ranger1
  Cars (the movie) cemeb4dk 12 2,185 06-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Ponch