Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys and gals just wanted to say whats up, I'm pretty new to the RC scene don't even own one yet, but am the winning bid so far on a 3.3 T-Maxx... I am currently using a buddy of mines RC10GT, messed around with his original T-Maxx with .18 OS motor. After driving the T-Maxx I know I want a monster truck.

I'm 27, living in Homer Glen, am a total car nut, thus the username. Mechanic by trade, hoping to open a late model GM specialty speed shop one day with a good friend of mine.
welcome to the forums! im in palos heights, so if you need help with anything, just ask.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
Welcome! Now is a good time to get a T-Maxx! Fun trucks and ebay prices are pretty good these days.
You're never to old to be immature
Buy the way, here is a great maxx for sale on this forum is case the ebay deals falls through
http://www.chitownrc.com/buy-sell-trade/...start.html
You're never to old to be immature
Welcome
[url]www.gearworkstire.com /url]
white97z28 Wrote:Hey guys and gals just wanted to say whats up, I'm pretty new to the RC scene don't even own one yet, but am the winning bid so far on a 3.3 T-Maxx... I am currently using a buddy of mines RC10GT, messed around with his original T-Maxx with .18 OS motor. After driving the T-Maxx I know I want a monster truck.

I'm 27, living in Homer Glen, am a total car nut, thus the username. Mechanic by trade, hoping to open a late model GM specialty speed shop one day with a good friend of mine.

Welcome to the forums bud! Sorry I couldn't hand you my Maxx. I tested it out today and had trouble getting the motor started anyways so I'm not sure if it would have been a good choice for you. Keep on ebay, craigslist, and RC forums and you will see lots of T-maxx's. Have patience and get a deal that you will be happy with Big Grin Oh, and make sure you get one of the newer ones (3.3). They are beefed up more than the older ones. Thats a good rule to stick with anyways with Traxxas. Go for the newer models.
-KEVIN
Well I ended up winning the auction on a 3.3 REVO, got it for a heck of a good price.... I am hoping to have possession by end of next week, it is coming from Texas.
you will be happy with the revo. in my opinion way better truck then the t-maxx. Is there anything done to the revo or is it stick?
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
Racin' Ranger1 Wrote:you will be happy with the revo. in my opinion way better truck then the t-maxx. Is there anything done to the revo or is it stick?

Revo's are autos. :p:
ment stock smartace lol
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
Well the REVO got here on Thursday, ended up putting RPM A-Arms all the way around, along with the red aluminum Traxxas pushrods and toe rods. Tore the engine all the way down because I could not get it to idle right no matter what changes I made to the idle screw or LSN(it was also leaking, causing me to believe there was an airleak). Was running it around the yard starting to get it dialed in when the throttle servo went out on it. Guess I will be making another stop at the Orland Hobbytown to pickup a servo tomorrow.
SOOOO I am having some problems with this thing dying out after running it for a few minutes. I am not sure what is going on. Seems like if I get on the brakes real hard it dies out, its not the carb closing all the way I have already checked that. I have replaced the fuel tank(leaking around the seams), fuel lines(preventative maintenance), removed the engine and resealed the rear cover plate. I am kind of hoping someone that really knows nitros would like to maybe meet up some where either Thursday, Friday or Saturday and give me a hand figuring out what might be causing this? Let me know!
Lean out the LSN and Richen the idle as needed... should help with loading up and dying out at idle.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Well no matter what I changed I couldn't get it to run right, so I pulled the engine today to reseal the front as I had previously done the back cover. When I pulled the clutch off it came off in like 3 peices so I think that may be why it would die randomly. Part of the clutch would grab and kill the motor. We will see tomorrow maybe....
thats what i was going to suggest. if you find that was the prob, upreade to a 3 shoe clutch.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
What up

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hello from a newbie Gravis 10 2,186 04-04-2008, 03:07 AM
Last Post: cheesecake
  Newbie golferdude1971 9 1,767 11-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Last Post: slaytanic