Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8/21 Elburn Days
Anybody plan on attending this race?
hey i just got a used truck, where is this track in elburn? and what time do u usually start? thanks
Here's the info:

Just to let you guys know - A few of the Dirt Dawgs are going to be racing at Elburn Days this coming Sunday - Its at Lions Park in Elburn. Hobbytown St. Charles is hosting it and all benefits go to the Lions Club. Maybe we can do a club vs. club race out there between Chitown and Dirt Dawgs and raise a little money for the Lions Club. Like to see anyone who can make it out there! Dale
Why didn't anyone say something a month ago? Got other plans now....
What a great idea to have a race setup at a festival like that !! The charity aspect makes it very appealing , as well. I will have to start pitching the idea to the Naperville Jaycees and Exchange Club so we can have a track at RibFest or Last Fling by next year. HobbyTown Fox Valley should be (might be?) able to get involved there, too! That will be a race that gets some nice exposure with all the general public attending a fest. There's bound to be a lot of spectators watching the racing. Make sure you guys wear clean t-shirts! Don't want this sport to get a bad rep, now! Wish we could attend, but why does everything RC happen on Sunday, the day of rest, oops.....I meant day of worship?
Somebody take pictures or video.
bigjs Wrote:Here's the info:

Just to let you guys know - A few of the Dirt Dawgs are going to be racing at Elburn Days this coming Sunday - Its at Lions Park in Elburn. Hobbytown St. Charles is hosting it and all benefits go to the Lions Club. Maybe we can do a club vs. club race out there between Chitown and Dirt Dawgs and raise a little money for the Lions Club. Like to see anyone who can make it out there! Dale

This info came from fellow Dirt Dawg club member Dale. I guess this event was decieded upon late last week. I believe the races start at 11:00am and registration starts at 10:00am.

Hobbytown St. Charles store should have all the exact info, they are hosting.

Hobbytown St. Charles 630-587-1256

I know several of us Dirt Dawg's will be their. :racing: Brian R.
Do they plan on running every class? I keep seeing Trucks listed on the ads for the event.
I believe they will race Mt/ outlaw/ stadium and 1/8th scale and also electric. This is what they did the past two years when the Dirt Dawgs where more involved. This year it is strictly a hobbytown event and we are just racing to help the Lions club out.

There is always big crowds, plus there is a HUGE classic car show there, usually a couple hundred cars.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
I just wanted to make sure I could race 1/8th scale, since my ST isn't running right now.
anybody know directions on how to get there? or where the park is located in Elburn?
Its off of 47, about 2 blocks north of Keslinger. The enterance is ont he west side of 47 (across from the john deere store). The track is always set up in the back by the parking lot on the northwest end of the park.
What kind of track can they set up in a the park?
Is is just on the grass with wood jumps or something?
Maybe I'll go check it out today Smile
Did anyone go?
i did it was an awesone track
Uh ok.... But did anybody go???? Any pics???
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Yeah we went, where where you guys? :p:
Dale, Brian, Tim B, Tim C, and my brother and I were there just to name a few.

It was a good time, just took a long time even though we only ran one heat and the mains, we didnt get done until 4:30.

Thanks to Dale for building the track...it was better then what I was expecting to see there. Smile
I had to work,
I went downtown to the air and water show. My girlfriends bro has a condo in Marina Tower, we watched the whole thing from the roof!!! Its alllllot cooler when your 600 ft off the ground! Some of those planes almost seem to weave between the buildings as they circle around to go back out over the lake!

Besides i think 2 times a month of racing is enough for me, i need to focus less money on this hobby..... Well not alot less anyways Cool
no one had pics of the track???? i was wondering wat kindof track they could make in the park
Gamer.
~Noto
They make the track where they have the tractor pulls on Saturday. So it is in the dirt. Dawl just made something quick and fun for everyone. It cannot be too difficult due to it being an entry level tyoe racing. Its more for the charity and show off to the public than actual racing.
So who won??? Did Hobbytown give out anything good???
They gave away some fancy ribbons....
Brian took 1st in A main monster and 2nd in outlaw.
The Tim's won some too, but Im not sure what.
I got 1st in outlaw Smile

Here are some action pics of my truck, someone I dont even know took them and sent them to me just now Smile

Hey Rocco.......see something missing in the last pic? :bustingup
I broke it off, during the last min of the race trying to go big on the jumps, show-boating for the crowd....we were able to get some HUGE air, the crowd loved it, you could hear the cheers over the engines Big Grin

[Image: IMG_0051.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0064.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0058.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0060.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0070.jpg]
I wish they were like them kyosho or ofna mounts . that way you'd have to get run over by a semi truck for the wing mount to break!!!!!

Ohhh well atleast you have a back up!!! Some guy on hotbodiesforum told me to keep it shinny side up and they wont break off!! LOL J/k!!! Congrats on yet another 1st place win E. Arent you getting bored of alaways winning???? Yeah...... I didnt think so!!!
It was a fun day even tho I kept breaking. I also agree that it wasn't much racing for being there so long.
Come out sunday . Plenty O racin then Joe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  when is elburn running again? slim 59 7,309 07-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Mr. Tune