Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titan 775 Carnage
I finally got the Titan 775 and 14t pinion from the Summit off back order this past week and have done a little bashing since then.
Here's how it looks in my truck.
[Image: 5261d62b.jpg]
[Image: 41b0aaa2.jpg]

One problem I did discover was that the truck would wheelie way too easily off a dead stop, I actually ground though the antenna tube and insulation on the Rx antenna as well as ground off the hitch extension on the RPM bumper from overly exberant wheelies Big Grin:racing:
[Image: d32b6ca6.jpg]
[Image: 4d0dca69.jpg]

Then I took it behind the store today for a little lunchtime bashing and manages to shatter the u-joint end on the stub axle:eek:
The truck started to drive a little funny so I brought it into the store for a closer look and found this.
[Image: 23084739.jpg]
[Image: e9affbea.jpg]
Luckily I had some spares from last summer after stretching the diff output and driveshaft u-joint ears while running a spool in the back. Got it fixed tonight......wonder how much longer it will be till the next broken partBig Grin
[Image: c8abdc72.jpg]
[Image: 17f1821c.jpg]
WOW!!! All that self inflicted carnage just from a motor swap? Is that just the Motor/Pinion from a Summit thrown into an E-Revo?
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
Pretty much, this was also on the Trinity/Intellect 4600 8.4v packs that Trinity sent to replace the ones that blew up on me last year. If you punch it from a dead stop, the truck would pull all four off the ground and slide on the back bumper for almost a foot. It's not as fast as it used to be, but this set up has made me go and buy the Traxxas wheely bar for it because of how much it wheelies with the LT rockers on it! If you have the traction, it'll pull the back tires off the ground and wheelie while backing up from a dead stopat full throttle and if you back up a couple feet and then punch it forward, the damn thing would backflip and then go into a wheelie:eek:

If this happens with just the Titan 775, what'll happened when I finally get around to putting a MMM into it!
Made a video this afternoon before work, it's still downloading onto YouTube so here's a few teazer screen caps of the actionCool
[Image: d4bff67f.jpg]
[Image: 24c4ea0d.jpg]
[Image: 77d4dd4e.jpg]
Screne Caps of Titan 775 E Revo on 16point8volts pictures by bjoehandley - Photobucket
Launches pretty hard, huhBig Grin
It's done, enjoy!
sweet! :joy:
Took a crawling video of it today after work, all I changes was that the wheelie bar was removed and I used 7.2v SMC 4600mAh packs. I'll post it up after it's done downloading!
The video is now downloaded, hopefully I'll get a chance to go back and try it as Rock E-Revo next!
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWPzKmyxO5E]YouTube - Helios E-Revo with Titan 775 on 14.4 volts open diff crawling[/video]
Here's the screen caps from the video and a teezer pic.
[Image: 2a755460.jpg]
E Revo Helios body pictures by bjoehandley - Photobucket
It's great seeing your videos. I'll try to make a few of my drift car in action.
Thanks Gene, should get more intersting once I can afford one of those GoPro on-board cameras for the thingsBig Grin
BJoe Wrote:Thanks Gene, should get more intersting once I can afford one of those GoPro on-board cameras for the thingsBig Grin

That would be sweet. Let me know when you get it, I'd like to come check it ou.
I'm going to try to pick up some camera equipment this weekend to start shooting. Nothing to expensive (just dropped some coin on my Nikon)
I broke the damn spool at the Busse Main Dam today. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Killed the Traxxas Revo Spool while crawling it yesterday:fear:
[Image: d25dbf47.jpg]
[Image: 6d08d4f5.jpg]

Man does this thing have some serious gruntCool

I got the 17t pinion and tried it out with the truck set up more as a pavement basher, it works good, but haven't gotten it on video yet.
[Image: 5198ef54.jpg]
I may lift it back up a little since it wanted to drag it's tail a little on rougher portion of pavement and I may order a 19-20 tooth pinion too.
And the carnage continues..........................:mad:

I was out behind work after I was off the clock testing and taping the 22t pinion (works great BTWBig Grin ) runs and in less than a minute slid the truck into my camera screwing it up AND loosing the footage on top of it:mad:
[Image: 4bc296df.jpg][Image: 20164de4.jpg]
that sucks man
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
Yea, I'm not too thrilled about it, but I have nobody to blame but myselfSad