Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my daily is now stance'd
Here's my daily beater. There was a forum group buy on some fk coilovers. Now I just need it corner balanced and aligned.

Before with some cheap ebay springs and blown shocks/struts
[Image: shoppics.jpg]

After the coilovers (the rear needs a little more drop and the front still needs to be raised) But so far no issues with rubbing.
[Image: bmw004.jpg]
That's dropped quite a bit. Looks like you could have issues with the tires rubbing on the fenders. Especially in the front when turning at any kind of decent speed.
Mr. Tune Wrote:That's dropped quite a bit. Looks like you could have issues with the tires rubbing on the fenders. Especially in the front when turning at any kind of decent speed.

I did raise it up a about an inch in the front today just so i can clear speed bumps. Overall no rubbing issues unless I'm at full turn on the inner wheel well due to runner a slighty larger tire.
not to be a dick but who puts cheap ebay coilovers on a bmw?????

btw lowered bmw's look sick nice work
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
cheesecake Wrote:not to be a dick but who puts cheap ebay coilovers on a bmw?????

btw lowered bmw's look sick nice work
acutally they were't ebay coilovers, just springs...made to look like tien springs. However they did have a nice ride just could not get the desired amount of "drop" from them as a I could a set of adj. coilovers.
Gene Wrote:acutally they were't ebay coilovers, just springs...made to look like tien springs. However they did have a nice ride just could not get the desired amount of "drop" from them as a I could a set of adj. coilovers.
ok i read that and i thought you had the coilovers the car looks good i have the reil teins and i ordered a set for my other car and i was afreid they were going to be the fake ones but they were real.
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
Looks good with the nose dumped like it was in the second picture, Did you see any difference in handling between the coilovers and the previous set-up?
BJoe Wrote:Looks good with the nose dumped like it was in the second picture, Did you see any difference in handling between the coilovers and the previous set-up?

There is a lot less body roll. The Geometry is a little messed up due to the amount of drop, so the front wheels are toe out and the camber is way negative, so the car is a little twitchy. Once I have it corner balanced and aligned, the handling should improve. but as it sits now it does handle very well for what it is.
Lol...better get that aligned...I've seen a BMW Eat a set of tires in like 2 weeks...Smile
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
J-Dub Wrote:Lol...better get that aligned...I've seen a BMW Eat a set of tires in like 2 weeks...Smile

F-bodies do it in a single burn out. SmileConfusedmash:
Thirdgen89GTA Wrote:F-bodies do it in a single burn out. SmileConfusedmash:

You mean like the SRT8 Grand in these videosConfusedalute:

Or this Camaro SS:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
Thirdgen89GTA Wrote:F-bodies do it in a single burn out. SmileConfusedmash:

Aint' that the truth. I just sold a ton wheels for fobdys, 17x11s, so maybe they won't go through the tires so fast
here's a teaser of what i'll be running with this summer
[Image: img207.jpg]

Just kidding, its wheel/tire off of my 52. GM and BMW share a close enough bolt pattern 4.75 to 4.72 and with the tolerances of aftermarket parts, the wheel bolted (lug bolted) right up to the hub
[url]www.gearworkstire.com /url]
Had me thinking "WFT is up with that tire" for a minute there Gene.......:lol:
BJoe Wrote:Had me thinking "WFT is up with that tire" for a minute there Gene.......:lol:

It was more of a joke to run on bimmerforums.
[url]www.gearworkstire.com /url]
Gene Wrote:here's a teaser of what i'll be running with this summer
[Image: img207.jpg]

Just kidding, its wheel/tire off of my 52. GM and BMW share a close enough bolt pattern 4.75 to 4.72 and with the tolerances of aftermarket parts, the wheel bolted (lug bolted) right up to the hub

That's good Gene! Hey I asked my buddy at the speed shop and he said he's got a bunch of parts for 50-51 chevy's so if ya are looking for something let me know and i'll ask him?
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)