[Image: DSC02479.jpg]
[Image: DSC02481.jpg]
[Image: DSC02489.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0788-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0789-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0790-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0792.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0793.jpg]
holy hell. Can you imagine that going off on ya. At least he has easy access to the trans dipstick now:eek:
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
Lmao, What a retard.
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
Well if that's this truck you'll see why! Still bada$$
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
Not the same truck. Its a jeep. Not a chevy
[url][/url]

IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS MUST PAY.
its a jeep he should have know better Confusedmash:Confusedmash:Confusedmash:Confusedmash:
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
lol its not a stock transmission and its nothing to do with launching it was in the parking lot when it went boom

Quote:Well, where do you start?? As we have all said, so glad know one was hurt or killed. And when you see the pictures, maybe some have already been posted, it is easy to see anyone sitting in the passenger seat would have been hurt. Steve's laptop has a slice out of the top of the screen. Builder Bill may have wrecked a good pair of underwear!!

I have been talking to Matin (NeverEnough) all week and since he knew I was going to his track he was going to load up and meet me there. Unfortunately he had computer problems and did not make it. Maybe it was for the better? LOL

Here is what we know so far. The Jeep was backed out of the trailer and Steve was driving through the parking lot. He said it felt a little strange while driving. It has a spool in the rear, but he said it was a different strange feel. Builder Bill was commenting on how well it was running and idling. Dyno Steve has worked very hard on this tune and you can't ask for anything more. It makes great power, it has 90lb injectors and idles as smooth as silk around 790 rpm. The tune this time was perfect. As Steve drove just a short distance around the lot he had stopped and the vehicle was in neutral. Builder Bill was over by the passenger door talking to Steve. Steve was just massaging the gas peddle, nothing crazy high on RPM's and Boom!! The explosion sent parts everywhere. The transmission fluid ignited on the headers and there was a fire in the cabin. The fire suppression system was activated, that instantly cuts all power and sprays Halon? (I know Halon has been banned just like Vinny, but it was some sort of clean agent) however it only sprays in the engine bay. That left Steve slapping flames with has hands, until extinguishers arrive.

This should be a lessen to everyone. I think we all are safety conscious while we are in the staging lanes and on the track. But safety needs to start as soon as the vehicle is out of the trailer. Who would think anything like this would happen driving through the parking lot.

So, what went wrong?? The transmission builder is going to do a "postmortem" on Tuesday. He said even with minimal parts a cause will be determined. Some of the speculation. Some sort of installation issue with the adapter plate / flex plat / alignment. Seems unlikely since it has been on the dyno for numerous pulls. Torque converter? (it was a 3200 stall provided by the transmission builder) A issue of higher rev's while in neutral. Or maybe the HP exceeded the capacity of the trans. It was rated for 1200 hp. 921 at the tires on a AWD vehicle puts it close to that number at the crank. These are the area's that will be looked into. All parts have been collected for inspection and the vehicle will be put on a lift back at RDP for the inspection. Should know something by Tuesday. Here are the photo's that I took with my cell phone.

http://www.modernmuscleforum.com/showthr...#post21547
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
Thanks Eli, I'd wondered about that. When I read that it was a Chevy trans, I figured that it must have been a 700R4 or 4L60 the way it came apartRolleyes
SLOW REVO Wrote:Not the same truck. Its a jeep. Not a chevy

Sorry my bad, after I posted the Trailblazer video I seen Jeep on the steering wheel!? Confusedmash: Meh, I still think the Trailblazer would eat the Jeep alive!
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
the Trailblazer SS is nice, its got a 6 Liter in it.
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
No trans blanket?

that could be a new nameplate:

SRTnT
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:No trans blanket?

that could be a new nameplate:

SRTnT

^^^^^
Now THAT'S funny no matter who you are!! LMFAO Confusedmash:Confusedmash:Confusedmash:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
BJoe Wrote:Thanks Eli, I'd wondered about that. When I read that it was a Chevy trans, I figured that it must have been a 700R4 or 4L60 the way it came apartRolleyes

4L60's can hold a decent bit when built, but will never be as strong as a TH400 or 350.

Even if someone didn't post the info from that forum, I'd have debunked the stock trans theory. There is no way a stock trans would have even lived long enough to shatter like that behind a 900hp engine. Would have started slipping long before it went kaboom. Seeing as how the 4L60 in stock trim is only rated for about 400hp. I won't say that there is a person stupid enough to run a stock trans behind that much power though, i've seen stupid people and wouldn't put it past some of them to try it.
Think I read somewhere else that it was a 4L85E in that SRT.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's all fun and games until the transmission falls out BJoe 4 2,954 07-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Last Post: BJoe
  Snotrocket's 1:1 Stock Car bubbaracing 6 1,809 04-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Last Post: bubbaracing