Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redline Bandit
Just started resurecting the Traxxas Bandit I bought back in November 1997 yesterday, repowering it with the Velineon motor/ESC combo out of my Stampede have decided to call it the Redline Bandit. It's getting built with just straight line speed in mind. I'm going to swap in a mixture of Boca and Traxxas sealed bearings and would like to eventually install the aluminum steering bellcranks and New Era front bulkhead.

Here's an older picture taken a few years back with my Mini-T
[Image: HPIM1682.jpg]

Here's a sneak peek of how it looks as of this morningCool
[Image: 100_0818.jpg]

I still need to put downtravel limiters in the shocks to lower the buggy a little more and I'm in the process of pulling the stainless button head screws with black oxide cap heads.
BJoe Wrote:Just started resurecting the Traxxas Bandit I bought back in November 1997 yesterday, repowering it with the Velineon motor/ESC combo out of my Stampede have decided to call it the Redline Bandit. It's getting built with just straight line speed in mind. I'm going to swap in a mixture of Boca and Traxxas sealed bearings and would like to eventually install the aluminum steering bellcranks and New Era front bulkhead.

Here's an older picture taken a few years back with my Mini-T
[Image: HPIM1682.jpg]

Here's a sneak peek of how it looks as of this morningCool
[Image: 100_0818.jpg]

I still need to put downtravel limiters in the shocks to lower the buggy a little more and I'm in the process of pulling the stainless button head screws with black oxide cap heads.

That looks like the St.Charles Hobbytown.
I’ve got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell.
lol thats because it is the st charles hobbytown
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
Yup, I took the pic just before we opened yesterday.
St Charles Hobbytown? Is there a guy named Todd that works there?
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
Bjoe was that your truck sitting on the display case the other day with the camera taped to the top?
I’ve got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell.
J-Dub Wrote:St Charles Hobbytown? Is there a guy named Todd that works there?

Yea, he's one of my bosses

Catfisher Wrote:Bjoe was that your truck sitting on the display case the other day with the camera taped to the top?

If it was the all black one on New Years Eve...yup, couldn't get that camera to record though so I only ran the one I had hidden in the "cab" area of that body. Here's a link to that thread I started on here.......
http://www.chitownrc.com/multimedia/9114...today.html
.....could have been better, but considering I was trying to drive a brushless truck on sealed concrete and had a $30 digital video camera aimed through the lexan windshield of a Crowd Pleazer 2.0, it could have been better.
Almost forgot! I was able to get the trans rebuilt with VXL guts, Suspension lowered 12mm up front and 13mm out back and a Velineon motor in the trans. Just have to wait for a new ESC from Traxxas though, one of the female bullet connectors on the ESC for the motor broke off the circit board when removing the original style VXL system from my Pede to put in it. Traxxas has since changed that design so the conectors are on a pigtail coming off the ESC. Gave me a bunch more clearance on the Pede with the slammed Jato CP2.0 body too!
cool! I was throwing around a similar idea with an old b2 i have.
Here's the pics
I thought this looked cool, but kinda impracticalConfusedmash:
[Image: 100_0826-1.jpg]
But, his turned out a bit more appropriateIdea
[Image: 100_0833.jpg]

It looks like the "Chin Spoiler" will sit about 10mm off the groundBig Grin
[Image: 100_0830.jpg]

To me it has that hot rod-y, nose down, ready for a street fight stance on from these angles Cool
[Image: 100_0832.jpg]
[Image: 100_0829.jpg]

I'm not too sure what to use for shock oil so they're empty right now and I plan on getting rid of the camber that has been adjusted into the rear suspension by using the factory VXL Camber links. One of the things I did was set the arms above level with the drive shafts set level, and yes, those are shortened Jato shafts and modded Jato outdrivesWink
[Image: 100_0831.jpg]

I'm usung Trinity Low Rider springs for the Maxx trucks on all corners, the front are the light blue heavy ones while the rears are the X-Heavy with a spacer to puxh the spring low enough to keep the right stance.
Lol Todd is my uncle. Random off topic, oops. Smile
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
Got my ESC from Traxxas today:joy: